[FIRMWARE / Update][Stock] Fire HD 10 - 7th Gen

Search This thread

Kctucka

Mar 24, 2019
Has anyone updated to the latest firmware?

Any cool new features or actual improvements in speed? All Amazon lists is "This free software update includes general improvements and performance enhancements."

Legitsu

Aug 30, 2013
Yes, he can. If he removes the preloader, tz and lk flash lines in updater-script..

which he has not done and has not put any disclaimer about that

somebody is gonna brick or relock there device flashing these

as far as I know twrp will not allow the tz and lk to be over written but this is a bad idea

Rortiz2

which he has not done and has not put any disclaimer about that

somebody is gonna brick or relock there device flashing these

as far as I know twrp will not allow the tz and lk to be over written but this is a bad idea

Say what you want but in my Fire 7 2017 the stock firmware is flashed with the method that I explained..
And yes he needs to put a disclaimer..
But why somebody is going to brick or relock the device if you say that TWRP don't allow to flash these partitions? You are contradicting yourself..

Legitsu

Aug 30, 2013
Say what you want but in my Fire 7 2017 the stock firmware is flashed with the method that I explained..
And yes he needs to put a disclaimer..
But why somebody is going to brick or relock the device if you say that TWRP don't allow to flash these partitions? You are contradicting yourself..

because if something goes wrong and twrp dies it will be a headache

best to flash a properly made deoxdex rom packaged in a zip

always error on the side of caution when working with devices with hacked bootloader unlocks

I have seen a lot of strange **** that should not happen ask @nikothebarber what it took to get his device flashed

Reactions: Rortiz2

donslade

Mar 4, 2010
El Paso, TX
Yes, he can. If he removes the preloader, tz and lk flash lines in updater-script..

I did this to the file after renaming to .ZIP, transferred to SDCARD and flashed via TWRP. Cleared cache and dalvik and rebooted. Worked fine.

No new features that I would use.

I agree that making a deodex rom for flashing with TWRP would be a better way to go but this way worked for me. YMMV.

Rortiz2

I did this to the file after renaming to .ZIP, transferred to SDCARD and flashed via TWRP. Cleared cache and dalvik and rebooted. Worked fine.

No new features that I would use.

I agree that making a deodex rom for flashing with TWRP would be a better way to go but this way worked for me. YMMV.

Yes I know that its ok but @Legitsu insists that it is wrong and "dangerous"

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
because if something goes wrong and twrp dies it will be a headache

best to flash a properly made deoxdex rom packaged in a zip

always error on the side of caution when working with devices with hacked bootloader unlocks

I have seen a lot of strange **** that should not happen ask @nikothebarber what it took to get his device flashed
Approach outlined by @Rortiz2, while a bit unorthodox, is fine. I see no elevated risk.

Reactions: Rortiz2

tylerhole

Feb 22, 2017
San Luis Obispo
Since having twrp installed I've been on 5.6.4.0 and flashed down to 5.6.1.0 just by renaming the files to .zip, wiping system, data,. Dalvik and cache then flashing. I've been back and forth between them loads of times without issue.

Sent from my SM-G9650/DS running stang5litre Pie ROM

Reactions: DB126

Dan_firehd

Sep 14, 2017
Since having twrp installed I've been on 5.6.4.0 and flashed down to 5.6.1.0 just by renaming the files to .zip, wiping system, data,. Dalvik and cache then flashing. I've been back and forth between them loads of times without issue.

Sorry for asking a confirmation :

Are you saying that you tap "Wipe" followed by tapping "Advanced Wipe", and then tick-check the following 4 boxes :
Dalvik /ART Cache
Cache
Data
System
before applying "Swipe to Wipe" ??

Then you have to tap "Install", and then navigate to the proper folder to select the renamed-from-BIN-to-ZIP file ?

Thanks for the info.

tylerhole

Feb 22, 2017
San Luis Obispo
Sorry for asking a confirmation :

Are you saying that you tap "Wipe" followed by tapping "Advanced Wipe", and then tick-check the following 4 boxes :

Dalvik /ART Cache

Cache

Data

System

before applying "Swipe to Wipe" ??

Then you have to tap "Install", and then navigate to the proper folder to select the renamed-from-BIN-to-ZIP file ?

Thanks for the info.
That is correct. That's the way I do it and haven't had an issue.

Necromancer69

Jul 23, 2019

Why did you downgrade from 5.6.4.0 to 5.6.1.0 ?
Is 5.6.1.0 better or wich reason? in the older firmeware ist no "show modus" i think.
I have find no changelog between the different versions.

Sorry for my bad english

tylerhole

Feb 22, 2017
San Luis Obispo
Why did you downgrade from 5.6.4.0 to 5.6.1.0 ?

Is 5.6.1.0 better or wich reason? in the older firmeware ist no "show modus" i think.

I have find no changelog between the different versions.

Sorry for my bad english
Was messing around on a couple things that got patched on later versions, can't recall exactly what they were off the top of my head, but also just to see if I could. Haha

Reactions: Necromancer69

Necromancer69

Jul 23, 2019
Was messing around on a couple things that got patched on later versions, can't recall exactly what they were off the top of my head, but also just to see if I could. Haha

OK, thanks for your feedback.
i will see if i find some more information why earlyer firmware maybe better.

Top Liked Posts