• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Firmware update thread

Search This thread

Gilberto_BR

Jul 15, 2012
Hey bro
Any info about firmwire A29 (battery and system) ?

My phone come with multi-language, I would like to know if I go ahead with the update the multi-languag will be deleted ?
Thanks!
You will keep the same languages, im not at a29 anymore, the coloros12 version is C 36 Screenshot_2021-12-03-18-33-11-60_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

Reactions: ybounou

kaitenken

Sep 22, 2021
Using OPPO Spanish version and tunnelbear connected to Malaysia, France ir Singapur.... No beta version available....

kaitenken

Sep 22, 2021
Any idea about what can I do in order to update to android 12? I have some issues with Android auto, and I would like to restore/upgrade to android 12 instead of android 11 (and probably to android 12 in a few weeks)

Edit: I'm still on c24... It's imposible to update... No c26 option

Last edited:

maxellxl

May 1, 2017
Tried all vpn locations, no trial version available
No test versions available
Still on Color OS 11

CPH2173_11_A.26​

Which global version u have? Asian? European?

Have u tried to apply for newer version in Trial settings? Software update -> settings -> trial version -> apply. After that there is a slight chance youll get official stable (not beta)

anasmhds

Feb 12, 2013
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 11
Which global version u have? Asian? European?

Have u tried to apply for newer version in Trial settings? Software update -> settings -> trial version -> apply. After that there is a slight chance youll get official stable (not beta)
I have AUSTRALIA version in UAE
Yes, tried but showing No test versions available under trial version, maybe I have to wait 😢

albainvetta

Dec 6, 2021
Guys,
I've the bad feeling that ColorOS 12 will not be available in Europe anytime soon.
Please see below a screenshot just downloaded from the OPPO twitter account.
Please read the bottom lines:
"This plan is not available for residents of the European Union......"

Please tell me if I misunderstood.

Cheers,

Albainvetta

FFhCbjWakAAgO1r.jpg

Ganluma

Oct 4, 2021
Germany
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Guys,
I've the bad feeling that ColorOS 12 will not be available in Europe anytime soon.
Please see below a screenshot just downloaded from the OPPO twitter account.
Please read the bottom lines:
"This plan is not available for residents of the European Union......"

Please tell me if I misunderstood.

Cheers,

Albainvetta

View attachment 5475987
I wouldn't worry about that line...
They are just not publishing the Timeline for Europe and therefore it could be available any day...

albainvetta

Dec 6, 2021
Just leaving this here to be able to see if there are any updates. A24 version here, italian phone, used in EU.
Same here, Italian phone but used in Belgium. A24 and no update or trial available. From my understanding, no BETA is allowed in EU given the GDPR. We'll get only the stable version, who knows when. Weird is the UK didn't get anything, and they don't have the GDPR not being in the EU.
I'd personally appreciate some transparency from OPPO, but is clear EU is not their main market.

Reactions: leoking3

leoking3

Nov 15, 2005
Bucuresti
Same here, Italian phone but used in Belgium. A24 and no update or trial available. From my understanding, no BETA is allowed in EU given the GDPR. We'll get only the stable version, who knows when. Weird is the UK didn't get anything, and they don't have the GDPR not being in the EU.
I'd personally appreciate some transparency from OPPO, but is clear EU is not their main market.
Thanks for clarification, about the beta I mean. Very strange company indeed. They should allow us to install the fw ourselves, like samsung or xiaomi. Annoying.

Top Liked Posts

Hello everyone, I received Color os 12 on both phones (no brand) last night. No VPN. One was at A.24 and one at A.26. Current version C.41. I don't know if the report from Oppo support was useful.
    Glad to see you're updated fedonis :)
    I find it really amazing how much one or the other complains and complains as if their life depends on this update. Constructive criticism makes sense, but switching this talk to another manufacturer is annoying. Just do it and keep quiet because nobody wants to know.
    Well people have the freedom to express their views, experiences and compare to other manufacturers.

It's not the end of the world no, however it's also not acceptable when A. Said company says they will deliver a patch/security patch each month for their flagship only to drop the ball neigh on immediately and make cr*p excuses as to why and B. When they are lagging behind other manufacturers I mean Sony & Samsung have gotten theirs out to flagships and mid range phones.

Yet here some of us are 2 months+ out of date.

I complain a lot because I paid a LOT for the phone and those updates were promised until it magically disappeared and that effected the decision making for the purchase.

I use my handset for everything including my workplace (I work in IT) and due to the data we store/access the devices local storage need to be encrypted as well as being up to date on Security patched too, not 2, 3, 4 months out of date :/ .

That's why I'm vocal about it, I don't and didn't need to explain myself but chose to so I don't come across as being one of these uncompramising, keyboard warriors 😂.

But at the end of the day I've paid a lot for the device, part of the marketing/site info was clearly not true and that would have potentially Influenced that, same with them also disappearing the LTPO part of the Screen section 😅.

Ontop of that I'm expecting these patches to fix known bugs and irritating issues, but in the meantime having to just deal with them.

I do really like the phone the camera's are amazing next to none! UI feels great, feature set is great along with the charging speeds and how nice the Phone feels and looks physically.

So it's a shame that they are dropping the ball and just vaguely saying eventually it will come when other manufacturers are already there.

They want to charge a premium and compete with other premium manufacturers like Samsung etc then they need to be justifying and earning that premium cash, competing on all fronts including software development, patches and OS updates.
    So what you're saying is that the OTA files exist and Oppo doesn't want anyone getting their hands on it? Btw would you be able to post the full file name by any chance I may have an Idea thanks
    File is CPH2173_11_C_OTA_1410_all_ad8023_10001010

What I am saying is this version is in testing. As you will see the number is quite ahead of the version that's gone live in other markets. It may fail testing and require another build.

I would be breaking the terms of my employment by sharing so I don't want to share until official. As soon as I get the go ahead will share google drive link here.
    I'm back with some vague news.
    The rollout is / was delayed due to "stability issues" & GUI needed some minor tweaks.
    Apparently areas of Guangdong / Shenzhen have been put into rolling lockdowns recently that may further hamper their progress.
    Was unable to get any clarification on what this means in an ETA for us, but I've been assured it's a number 1 priority.
    Well, that is enough for me. Just listed my Oppo Find X3 Pro on a phone selling platform. Never am I buying any product from Oppo. Very bad experience. I wish all the luck to you guys!
    Struggling to find anything. Still no update on UK 3 network
    Same and once it hits midnight in 25mins it will be back to 2 months out of date on their "Flagship".... Unlocked and on CPW firmware A.26 in the UK.

Last update was 18/11/2021.... Ridiculous
    New firmware update
    Screenshot_2021-12-10-22-26-44-21_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-10-22-26-33-52.jpg
    I find it really amazing how much one or the other complains and complains as if their life depends on this update. Constructive criticism makes sense, but switching this talk to another manufacturer is annoying. Just do it and keep quiet because nobody wants to know.
    Well people have the freedom to express their views, experiences and compare to other manufacturers.

It's not the end of the world no, however it's also not acceptable when A. Said company says they will deliver a patch/security patch each month for their flagship only to drop the ball neigh on immediately and make cr*p excuses as to why and B. When they are lagging behind other manufacturers I mean Sony & Samsung have gotten theirs out to flagships and mid range phones.

Yet here some of us are 2 months+ out of date.

I complain a lot because I paid a LOT for the phone and those updates were promised until it magically disappeared and that effected the decision making for the purchase.

I use my handset for everything including my workplace (I work in IT) and due to the data we store/access the devices local storage need to be encrypted as well as being up to date on Security patched too, not 2, 3, 4 months out of date :/ .

That's why I'm vocal about it, I don't and didn't need to explain myself but chose to so I don't come across as being one of these uncompramising, keyboard warriors 😂.

But at the end of the day I've paid a lot for the device, part of the marketing/site info was clearly not true and that would have potentially Influenced that, same with them also disappearing the LTPO part of the Screen section 😅.

Ontop of that I'm expecting these patches to fix known bugs and irritating issues, but in the meantime having to just deal with them.

I do really like the phone the camera's are amazing next to none! UI feels great, feature set is great along with the charging speeds and how nice the Phone feels and looks physically.

So it's a shame that they are dropping the ball and just vaguely saying eventually it will come when other manufacturers are already there.

They want to charge a premium and compete with other premium manufacturers like Samsung etc then they need to be justifying and earning that premium cash, competing on all fronts including software development, patches and OS updates.
    So what you're saying is that the OTA files exist and Oppo doesn't want anyone getting their hands on it? Btw would you be able to post the full file name by any chance I may have an Idea thanks
    File is CPH2173_11_C_OTA_1410_all_ad8023_10001010

What I am saying is this version is in testing. As you will see the number is quite ahead of the version that's gone live in other markets. It may fail testing and require another build.

I would be breaking the terms of my employment by sharing so I don't want to share until official. As soon as I get the go ahead will share google drive link here.
    Struggling to find anything. Still no update on UK 3 network
    Same and once it hits midnight in 25mins it will be back to 2 months out of date on their "Flagship".... Unlocked and on CPW firmware A.26 in the UK.

Last update was 18/11/2021.... Ridiculous
    I'm back with some vague news.
    The rollout is / was delayed due to "stability issues" & GUI needed some minor tweaks.
    Apparently areas of Guangdong / Shenzhen have been put into rolling lockdowns recently that may further hamper their progress.
    Was unable to get any clarification on what this means in an ETA for us, but I've been assured it's a number 1 priority.