• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Firmware update thread

Search This thread

iicecube

Mar 4, 2014
At least using this version my battery and system went quite nice than the older version.

OPPO update.jpg

hlhmark

Aug 30, 2010
Ahh sucks still waiting for this in UK on CPW firmware 🙄

To those who have A19 any changes? Is it smoother and have they enabled the variable refresh on it (sure I saw before it released it would be between 10-120hz) but on stuff like FB when you scroll on 120hz mode it will bog down like it's going through mud then pick up again and it's basically dropping to 60fps then recovering 🙄 happens on Instagram too

noki57oo

Feb 29, 2012
Ahh sucks still waiting for this in UK on CPW firmware 🙄

To those who have A19 any changes? Is it smoother and have they enabled the variable refresh on it (sure I saw before it released it would be between 10-120hz) but on stuff like FB when you scroll on 120hz mode it will bog down like it's going through mud then pick up again and it's basically dropping to 60fps then recovering 🙄 happens on Instagram too
The refrtesh rate seems to be dropping to 60hz whenever there is a video playing, even if there are touch inputs (which is kinda dumb if you ask me...). I haven't seen refresh rates other than 60 or 120 even on A19.

As for improvements, I noticed that the face unlock works a lot better on A19 and they fixed the AOD brightness problem. I didn't get a chance to test the camera yet.

hlhmark

Aug 30, 2010
The refrtesh rate seems to be dropping to 60hz whenever there is a video playing, even if there are touch inputs (which is kinda dumb if you ask me...). I haven't seen refresh rates other than 60 or 120 even on A19.

As for improvements, I noticed that the face unlock works a lot better on A19 and they fixed the AOD brightness problem. I didn't get a chance to test the camera yet.
Thanks man :) I've just got the A19 update just now so interested in checking the camera and system performance out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UK.
    Just got A21 update together with August security patch.
    Try these combinations:
    1. Region: Thailand, VPN: Thailand
    2. Region: Thailand, VPN: Poland
    3. Region: India, VPN: India
    4. VPN: Italy
    5. VPN: Spain

You can try with Vietnam as well.

After changing the region i suggest restarting the phone.
    Thanks!
    Will try and will get with a feedback.
    Maybe it is like it was with oneplus phones. At first they were releasing updates per region. Later on per IMEI number. Since Oppo and OnePlus are sister companies I can speculate that this is the case. But you have to keep in mind that there are few global versions with google dialer. Not only one...
    Understood.
    I'll check next week.
    Thank You!
    New versions A17 available:

Update log

System
    Improves system smoothness and stability

Communications
    Improves the phone call experience and network compatibility and performance

Multimedia
    Improves the audio experience

Apps
    Updates apps including Photos, Calendar, Calculator, File Manager and Clock

Security
    Adds the May 2021 Android security patches to enhance system security.

Screenshot_2021-05-27-00-08-30-37.jpg
    best brightest, and smoothest display I've seen ... Software, MIUI remains one of the most natural feeling, after last update there wa no issue with mi 11.
    I had issues with M11 ultra, call quality was bad. Camera quality was nowhere near as good as advertised. Especially when exporting to another device. Software a little hit and miss.
    Screen was the best but everything else was a little underwhelming.
    Do not understand the procedure of OPPO 🤨🙄
    The procedure is veryyyy simple - there are many global versions :)

To give you more details and order of receiving updates:
    1. chinese version (gets updates quickly)
    2. global version with Oppo dialer/Oppo Messaging app/App Market + GAPPS
    3. global version with Google dialer and messaging app
    4. global but branded versions

Ofc above list does not contain all "global" versions. There are differences between them like some additional apps depending on the region.

Thats why everyone posting here screenshots gets update with different size in MB.
    Yours is 168 MB, mine was almost 300 MB 😂
    A20 on mine today

IMG_20210723_205506.jpg