• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Firmware update thread

Search This thread

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
best brightest, and smoothest display I've seen ... Software, MIUI remains one of the most natural feeling, after last update there wa no issue with mi 11.
I had issues with M11 ultra, call quality was bad. Camera quality was nowhere near as good as advertised. Especially when exporting to another device. Software a little hit and miss.
Screen was the best but everything else was a little underwhelming.

Sedalin

Dec 29, 2020
I asked the support and the answer is up to 6 weeks 😱
You're lucky they've even replied to you.
I'm not that bothered with update but security patches should be implemented quicker and more often though. Especially for the flagship products.
I really like this phone but I'm starting to think I should've wait for Pixel 6 release instead.

Sedalin

Dec 29, 2020
I am the same opinion. And I will certainly buy the pixel 6
I really do hope they would get their act together because there's no upgrading for me for next two years now and it's too late to return X3 Pro. And of course I really do like this phone. Just expected a bit more support from flagship phone.

Also I've just realised that my security patch is two months old as well. I'm pretty sure my Pixel 4 already received August patch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-15-07-42-51-87.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-15-07-42-51-87.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Jorgo-Bo

Dec 5, 2011
Herne
Google just announced yesterday a new security patch. This patch should bei available by the end of next week. At least here are Pixel and OPPO X3 PRO on the same patch level

Sedalin

Dec 29, 2020
Google just announced yesterday a new security patch. This patch should bei available by the end of next week. At least here are Pixel and OPPO X3 PRO on the same patch level
My Pixel 4 is currently on security patch released 5.08.21 - my OPPO X3 pro is on security patch released 6.06.21
They are definitely not on the same level. Hopefully you're right and they will catch up next week. Still very bad performance from OPPO and definitely not what they've promised.

maxellxl

May 1, 2017
My Pixel 4 is currently on security patch released 5.08.21 - my OPPO X3 pro is on security patch released 6.06.21
They are definitely not on the same level. Hopefully you're right and they will catch up next week. Still very bad performance from OPPO and definitely not what they've promised.
I have A.20 and security patch from July.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UK.
    Just got A21 update together with August security patch.
    Try these combinations:
    1. Region: Thailand, VPN: Thailand
    2. Region: Thailand, VPN: Poland
    3. Region: India, VPN: India
    4. VPN: Italy
    5. VPN: Spain

You can try with Vietnam as well.

After changing the region i suggest restarting the phone.
    Thanks!
    Will try and will get with a feedback.
    Maybe it is like it was with oneplus phones. At first they were releasing updates per region. Later on per IMEI number. Since Oppo and OnePlus are sister companies I can speculate that this is the case. But you have to keep in mind that there are few global versions with google dialer. Not only one...
    Understood.
    I'll check next week.
    Thank You!
    New versions A17 available:

Update log

System
    Improves system smoothness and stability

Communications
    Improves the phone call experience and network compatibility and performance

Multimedia
    Improves the audio experience

Apps
    Updates apps including Photos, Calendar, Calculator, File Manager and Clock

Security
    Adds the May 2021 Android security patches to enhance system security.

Screenshot_2021-05-27-00-08-30-37.jpg
    best brightest, and smoothest display I've seen ... Software, MIUI remains one of the most natural feeling, after last update there wa no issue with mi 11.
    I had issues with M11 ultra, call quality was bad. Camera quality was nowhere near as good as advertised. Especially when exporting to another device. Software a little hit and miss.
    Screen was the best but everything else was a little underwhelming.
    Do not understand the procedure of OPPO 🤨🙄
    The procedure is veryyyy simple - there are many global versions :)

To give you more details and order of receiving updates:
    1. chinese version (gets updates quickly)
    2. global version with Oppo dialer/Oppo Messaging app/App Market + GAPPS
    3. global version with Google dialer and messaging app
    4. global but branded versions

Ofc above list does not contain all "global" versions. There are differences between them like some additional apps depending on the region.

Thats why everyone posting here screenshots gets update with different size in MB.
    Yours is 168 MB, mine was almost 300 MB 😂
    A20 on mine today

IMG_20210723_205506.jpg