General Firmware update thread

Search This thread

RoyAndroids

Dec 8, 2012
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Guys, i am from the netherlands and after installing the belgium c61 update the screen had strange behavior. So i really want to do back to original netherlands C.60. Please anyone has this dutch firmware file of tell me where i can download it ?

sargwilly

Nov 5, 2009
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Hi from Australia. I Just purchased this X3 Pro phone used for my wife to replace her Find X2 Pro which has a cracked screen. That said the X2 Pro has ColorOS 12.1. imagine my disappointment when the Find X3 Pro was still on ColorOS 11.2. A.24 Firmware and no OTA forthcoming.

Anyway I wrote to my provider, Optus, and nearly cracked the next phone in frustration after getting a condescending Level 1 Tech . I then Wrote to Oppo directly and got this:

In regards to your query, kindly be advised ColorOS 12 software upgrade have been confirmed to be roll-out for OPPO Find X3 Pro. All the eligible devices will be receiving the update via OTA (On-The-Air) in batches from the third half of 2022.

That being said, we would not be able to advise the exact time the update will be made available on your device.

Kindly stay tune in and ensure the automatic update overnight is enabled in software update page.

So fingers crossed.

I personally left my own Find X2 Pro in Cab and got a Find CT Pro. That obviously has ColorOS 12.1, so it feels like a deliberate ploy to force people to switch over. Find X3 is definitely a nice update on the X2 Pro.

Jorgo-Bo

Dec 5, 2011
Herne
Hi from Australia. I Just purchased this X3 Pro phone used for my wife to replace her Find X2 Pro which has a cracked screen. That said the X2 Pro has ColorOS 12.1. imagine my disappointment when the Find X3 Pro was still on ColorOS 11.2. A.24 Firmware and no OTA forthcoming.

Anyway I wrote to my provider, Optus, and nearly cracked the next phone in frustration after getting a condescending Level 1 Tech . I then Wrote to Oppo directly and got this:

In regards to your query, kindly be advised ColorOS 12 software upgrade have been confirmed to be roll-out for OPPO Find X3 Pro. All the eligible devices will be receiving the update via OTA (On-The-Air) in batches from the third half of 2022.

That being said, we would not be able to advise the exact time the update will be made available on your device.

Kindly stay tune in and ensure the automatic update overnight is enabled in software update page.

So fingers crossed.

I personally left my own Find X2 Pro in Cab and got a Find CT Pro. That obviously has ColorOS 12.1, so it feels like a deliberate ploy to force people to switch over. Find X3 is definitely a nice update on the X2 Pro.
Look for the advise to get the recent umdate on X3 Pro (12.1 C.64 build)

Axident1973

Sep 22, 2012
Zruč nad Sázavou
I have X3 Pro from yesterday, updated from OS 11.1 through VPN, because in my country no update. Finally, now i have C64 OS 12.1 version (VPN Belgium) and everything looking good. But, yeah, only one big minus same like in my previous device - Find X2 Neo - is weak battery life. Cca 12 hours max with harder but not permanently using.

nguyenlucky

Jan 30, 2013
danang

So fingers crossed.

Your device somehow got blocked from OTA. No amount of VPN or email will solve it. Take it (or mail it) to Oppo Macquarie Park in NSW and ask them to update to the latest version.

Jorgo-Bo

Dec 5, 2011
Herne
C65 arriving in Germany without VPN
July Google Security patch and a fix for a SIM Card problem round about 848MB,

Top Liked Posts

available c.67 (italy)
    Tambien en España.
    available c.67 (italy)
    C.67 just landed for me, UK no VPN
    I read somewhere and it said Color OS13 will roll out this month for the find x3 pro
    September is for China if I'm not mistaken.
    My guess is that other regions will receive android 13 with a limited rollout after December, similar to android 12.
    According to an article I read that September 16th is the date for global models while 23rd for Chinese models, this is for the find X5 pro, so I think that also for the find x3 pro it can be the same thing, sorry for the my english but i am using google translate.
    available c.67 (italy)
    Tambien en España.
    👍 I may return with future update news going forward for those who would welcome it, but meh... If I do, I'm not correcting heresay or stupid, I'm not going to dignify petulant rants with a response.
    My source is not just a customer service rep or a Twitter bot, it's from the team developing these updates.
    I forgot how tedious it was to be part of the tech community.
    New firmware update
    Screenshot_2021-12-10-22-26-44-21_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-10-22-26-33-52.jpg
    I find it really amazing how much one or the other complains and complains as if their life depends on this update. Constructive criticism makes sense, but switching this talk to another manufacturer is annoying. Just do it and keep quiet because nobody wants to know.
    Well people have the freedom to express their views, experiences and compare to other manufacturers.

It's not the end of the world no, however it's also not acceptable when A. Said company says they will deliver a patch/security patch each month for their flagship only to drop the ball neigh on immediately and make cr*p excuses as to why and B. When they are lagging behind other manufacturers I mean Sony & Samsung have gotten theirs out to flagships and mid range phones.

Yet here some of us are 2 months+ out of date.

I complain a lot because I paid a LOT for the phone and those updates were promised until it magically disappeared and that effected the decision making for the purchase.

I use my handset for everything including my workplace (I work in IT) and due to the data we store/access the devices local storage need to be encrypted as well as being up to date on Security patched too, not 2, 3, 4 months out of date :/ .

That's why I'm vocal about it, I don't and didn't need to explain myself but chose to so I don't come across as being one of these uncompramising, keyboard warriors 😂.

But at the end of the day I've paid a lot for the device, part of the marketing/site info was clearly not true and that would have potentially Influenced that, same with them also disappearing the LTPO part of the Screen section 😅.

Ontop of that I'm expecting these patches to fix known bugs and irritating issues, but in the meantime having to just deal with them.

I do really like the phone the camera's are amazing next to none! UI feels great, feature set is great along with the charging speeds and how nice the Phone feels and looks physically.

So it's a shame that they are dropping the ball and just vaguely saying eventually it will come when other manufacturers are already there.

They want to charge a premium and compete with other premium manufacturers like Samsung etc then they need to be justifying and earning that premium cash, competing on all fronts including software development, patches and OS updates.
    So what you're saying is that the OTA files exist and Oppo doesn't want anyone getting their hands on it? Btw would you be able to post the full file name by any chance I may have an Idea thanks
    File is CPH2173_11_C_OTA_1410_all_ad8023_10001010

What I am saying is this version is in testing. As you will see the number is quite ahead of the version that's gone live in other markets. It may fail testing and require another build.

I would be breaking the terms of my employment by sharing so I don't want to share until official. As soon as I get the go ahead will share google drive link here.
    I'm back with some vague news.
    The rollout is / was delayed due to "stability issues" & GUI needed some minor tweaks.
    Apparently areas of Guangdong / Shenzhen have been put into rolling lockdowns recently that may further hamper their progress.
    Was unable to get any clarification on what this means in an ETA for us, but I've been assured it's a number 1 priority.