General Firmware update thread

Search This thread

step0011

May 12, 2007
Northamptonshire
www.myspace.com
Security patches, yes I agree they're getting a bit old now, it's recommended they're updated at least once every 3 months.
I'm a disgruntled Pixel owner who moved over to Oppo. Wise decision - I hope so.
I've never owned a pixel device except the pixel 1 that lasted the full 2 year term of my contract.
Pixel 2 XL, I had like 5 of them 4 of them developed faults with the charging board and smashed one screen, Pixel 3 nuked it's self after a firmware update... Pixel 4... The batteries were awful, ended up doing a insurance claim and swapped for a Samsung Note 10 5g, I'd given up on Google devices. My partner has the Pixel 5 and she's more than happy with it & she's had it since it launched, the 6... I wasn't sure about the Tensor chipset.

Reactions: pomponazzo

fedonis

Dec 29, 2021
I wasn't sure about the Tensor chipset.
I think that the Pixel 6 in support and updates are unmatched by oppo. I know Oppo from Find 7. Updates were very slow. The problem is they want to update a lot of smartphone at the same time, but they can't. Find X3 neo, Lite and Reno needed to be updated after X3 pro(scheduled update first part of 2022). Instead they started the updates. As result, updates very slowly for all and a lot of find X3 pro has no updated and with october at best november security patch. Also color-os 12 (c.37 and c.39) has the october and november security patches. IOT december security patch, wait the C41 update. As usual oppo's mess

Last edited:

syneoa

Dec 6, 2020
I think ideal solution would be to put all people complaining here to be in the first deplyment wave. Everyone wins, certinly Oppo with newly recruited testers.

VeniceDW

Jan 21, 2022
Schwäbisch Gmünd
I find it really amazing how much one or the other complains and complains as if their life depends on this update. Constructive criticism makes sense, but switching this talk to another manufacturer is annoying. Just do it and keep quiet because nobody wants to know.

Reactions: marcodj and Epasmic

VeniceDW

Jan 21, 2022
Schwäbisch Gmünd
I find it really amazing how much one or the other complains and complains as if their life depends on this update. Constructive criticism makes sense, but switching this talk to another manufacturer is annoying. Just do it and keep quiet because nobody wants to know.

hlhmark

Aug 30, 2010
Well people have the freedom to express their views, experiences and compare to other manufacturers.

It's not the end of the world no, however it's also not acceptable when A. Said company says they will deliver a patch/security patch each month for their flagship only to drop the ball neigh on immediately and make cr*p excuses as to why and B. When they are lagging behind other manufacturers I mean Sony & Samsung have gotten theirs out to flagships and mid range phones.

Yet here some of us are 2 months+ out of date.

I complain a lot because I paid a LOT for the phone and those updates were promised until it magically disappeared and that effected the decision making for the purchase.

I use my handset for everything including my workplace (I work in IT) and due to the data we store/access the devices local storage need to be encrypted as well as being up to date on Security patched too, not 2, 3, 4 months out of date :/ .

That's why I'm vocal about it, I don't and didn't need to explain myself but chose to so I don't come across as being one of these uncompramising, keyboard warriors 😂.

But at the end of the day I've paid a lot for the device, part of the marketing/site info was clearly not true and that would have potentially Influenced that, same with them also disappearing the LTPO part of the Screen section 😅.

Ontop of that I'm expecting these patches to fix known bugs and irritating issues, but in the meantime having to just deal with them.

I do really like the phone the camera's are amazing next to none! UI feels great, feature set is great along with the charging speeds and how nice the Phone feels and looks physically.

So it's a shame that they are dropping the ball and just vaguely saying eventually it will come when other manufacturers are already there.

They want to charge a premium and compete with other premium manufacturers like Samsung etc then they need to be justifying and earning that premium cash, competing on all fronts including software development, patches and OS updates.

albainvetta

Dec 6, 2021
Well people have the freedom to express their views, experiences and compare to other manufacturers.

It's not the end of the world no, however it's also not acceptable when A. Said company says they will deliver a patch/security patch each month for their flagship only to drop the ball neigh on immediately and make cr*p excuses as to why and B. When they are lagging behind other manufacturers I mean Sony & Samsung have gotten theirs out to flagships and mid range phones.

I complain a lot because I paid a LOT for the phone and those updates were promised until it magically disappeared and that effected the decision making for the purchase.

I use my handset for everything including my workplace (I work in IT) and due to the data we store/access the devices local storage need to be encrypted as well as being up to date on Security patched too, not 2, 3, 4 months out of date :/ .

That's why I'm vocal about it, I don't and didn't need to explain myself but chose to so I don't come across as being one of these uncompramising, keyboard warriors 😂.

But at the end of the day I've paid a lot for the device, part of the marketing/site info was clearly not true and that would have potentially Influenced that, same with them also disappearing the LTPO part of the Screen section 😅.

Ontop of that I'm expecting these patches to fix known bugs and irritating issues, but in the meantime having to just deal with them.

I do really like the phone the camera's are amazing next to none! UI feels great, feature set is great along with the charging speeds and how nice the Phone feels and looks physically.

So it's a shame that they are dropping the ball and just vaguely saying eventually it will come when other manufacturers are already there.

They want to charge a premium and compete with other premium manufacturers like Samsung etc then they need to be justifying and earning that premium cash, competing on all fronts including software development, patches and OS updates.
I think that with this explanation and analisys you well summarized the feelings of many users in this thread.
OPPO is failing to deliver on their promises, but also lacking in transparency. Is infuriating how their social accounts are still pushing the "magic" of ColorOS12 when in reality very few have seen it. Marketing stunts that I hope will have an impact on their future sales in the west world.

exmatproton

Dec 1, 2010
Breda
www.soundcloud.com

+1

GaetanoS.89

Mar 15, 2016

That is the exactly feeling. Even if all of us are not in the IT for work.
We pay a lot and we expect a lot. That is what a flagship phone have to be.
If they set half of the price they sold the phone, was totally understandable, but the price was a proper flagship one, and the software support need to have a flagship support.

fedonis

Dec 29, 2021
This post is very interesting and amazing. I can't stop reading it, absolutely inspiring,

fedonis

Dec 29, 2021
thank you very much your pseudo-intellectual reaction made me very happy.
You are an enrichment for this website, I would almost say that your contributions consisting of crying and complaining are indispensable.
Thank you for all ❤️
Glad of it. I am also very happy to read your posts. Yours are an enrichment too. Kindness aside, have you received any security patch updates or are you stuck in November or October?

khoaitaychienvn

Jan 16, 2007
www.daituong.com
Just a C44 update

Screenshot_2022-01-22-20-11-12-42_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

Screenshot_2022-01-22-20-11-29-99_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've upgraded mine to Android 14 and ever since I've been having at least daily crashes. The phone overheats, slows down and then restarts, all while massively draining the battery. I contacted Oppo support about this and they got me to do all the things including a factory reset, but none of it worked so they asked me to send it in for repairs (which I really doubt they will do as it's not trivial to reproduce). I bought another one off eBay to use while mine is being repaired and it's doing the exact same thing!
    Has anyone experienced this and found a solution by any chance? Is reverting Android 13 possible maybe?

My old X3 Pro work excelent with A14
    Hi, new update for OPG03 version.

1711617198154.jpeg
    We are waiting for color os14 , instead we got a security patch 🥲
    Hi, what is OPG version (Chines)
    Hi, new update for vf version.
    CPH2173VF_14.0.0.600(EX01)
    France, with out VPN.
    👍 I may return with future update news going forward for those who would welcome it, but meh... If I do, I'm not correcting heresay or stupid, I'm not going to dignify petulant rants with a response.
    My source is not just a customer service rep or a Twitter bot, it's from the team developing these updates.
    I forgot how tedious it was to be part of the tech community.
    New firmware update
    Screenshot_2021-12-10-22-26-44-21_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-10-22-26-33-52.jpg

ColorOS 13.1 Update Supported Devices List:​

April 21, 2023

OPPO Find X5 Pro

April 24, 2023

OPPO Find N2
    OPPO Find N
    OPPO Find X3 Pro
    OPPO Find X5
    OPPO Find X3 Pro Photographer Edition
    OPPO Find X5 Pro Dimensity Edition
    OPPO Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition

Color os 13 VPN France!!!
    Screenshot_2022-12-06-12-48-14-87_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg