General Firmware update thread

Search This thread

fedonis

Dec 29, 2021
In Europe the first stable coloros 12 release (find X3 Pro obviously) was C.37. Then there was the C.39, follow C.41 and now this, C.44. Beta version was never available (officially) in Europe, but ended at the end of September 2021. At the beginning of October, the stable version was released in China, India and others. In December in Europe.

Kabu96

Jun 12, 2017
but there is no app like for oneplus to update?
Not even the firmware to update manually?

syneoa

Dec 6, 2020
In Europe the first stable coloros 12 release (find X3 Pro obviously) was C.37. Then there was the C.39, follow C.41 and now this, C.44. Beta version was never available (officially) in Europe, but ended at the end of September 2021. At the beginning of October, the stable version was released in China, India and others. In December in Europe.
I don't understand. Here you say that A12 already had 3 or 4 releases in Europe and many people complaining that they are locked on A11 also in Europe??
Is this an issue with phones locked on network operator or it is common issue with even unlocked, clean phones? Very confusing

Reactions: fedonis

fedonis

Dec 29, 2021
With unlocked phones not operator
I don't understand. Here you say that A12 already had 3 or 4 releases in Europe and many people complaining that they are locked on A11 also in Europe??
Is this an issue with phones locked on network operator or it is common issue with even unlocked, clean phones? Very confusin

That's right, you understand perfectly well. You can have branded or non-branded phones. It's the same.
This is why I say it's the usual Oppo's big mess. Users with coloros 11 (A.24 and A.26 brand or no brand) and users with colors12 with C.37/C.39/C.41/and last release C.44 (brand or no brand) . A lot of users are still on A.24. (october security patch).

mmartica

Dec 27, 2021
That's right, you understand perfectly well. You can have branded or non-branded phones. It's the same.
This is why I say it's the usual Oppo's big mess. Users with coloros 11 (A.24 and A.26 brand or no brand) and users with colors12 with C.37/C.39/C.41/and last release C.44 (brand or no brand) . A lot of users are still on A.24. (october security patch).
Well that's embarrassing. Because if it comes in turns, but to everyone the same, and until we are all in the first, the second doesn't come, it would seem fine to me. But this disorder does not seem typical of a high-end mobile. That it only reaches the high-end and not the inferior ones, is more common. But oppo mobiles below the oppo find x3 pro have already received colorOs 12 here in Spain

fedonis

Dec 29, 2021
It's desperate. I would like to have coloros 12, but security patches are more important. Here I am still in Spain with A. 26.
we have two x3 pro, one with A.24 ,october security patches and one with A.26, november security patches. Both no brand. The issue is not color os 12, but security patches.

Last edited:

fedonis

Dec 29, 2021
you can try this procedure:
1. settings -> management app -> list app - shots at the top right -> show system -> software update -> memory use-> clear data.
Restart.
Search update. Sometimes it works

step0011

May 12, 2007
Northamptonshire
www.myspace.com
I'm back with some vague news.
The rollout is / was delayed due to "stability issues" & GUI needed some minor tweaks.
Apparently areas of Guangdong / Shenzhen have been put into rolling lockdowns recently that may further hamper their progress.
Was unable to get any clarification on what this means in an ETA for us, but I've been assured it's a number 1 priority.

awojtas

Apr 20, 2005
Wellington
OPPO Find X5 Pro
On v41 now, 2degrees network in New Zealand.

Changes I've noticed:
- The unresponsive UI that happened on v37 every so often hasn't happened yet on v41.
- Fingerprint reader now works reliably to wake up the phone when the screen went to sleep itself.
- I'm now seeing a 5G option which wasn't there before, only had 4/3/2G previously.

No camera changes I've noticed. The Expert mode still forgets the RAW Plus setting and reverts to JPG if it hasn't been used for awhile unfortunately.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So Android 14 is the last major update for X3 Pro right guys? So let's enjoy! Still carry it daily
    Anyone having WiFi issues since the update to 14? Constantly having to disconnect from WiFi to get apps to work
    No problems for me
    Anyone having WiFi issues since the update to 14? Constantly having to disconnect from WiFi to get apps to work
    No problem for me too
    Also I don't have the problem
    Not ones.
    👍 I may return with future update news going forward for those who would welcome it, but meh... If I do, I'm not correcting heresay or stupid, I'm not going to dignify petulant rants with a response.
    My source is not just a customer service rep or a Twitter bot, it's from the team developing these updates.
    I forgot how tedious it was to be part of the tech community.
    New firmware update
    Screenshot_2021-12-10-22-26-44-21_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-10-22-26-33-52.jpg

ColorOS 13.1 Update Supported Devices List:​

April 21, 2023

OPPO Find X5 Pro

April 24, 2023

OPPO Find N2
    OPPO Find N
    OPPO Find X3 Pro
    OPPO Find X5
    OPPO Find X3 Pro Photographer Edition
    OPPO Find X5 Pro Dimensity Edition
    OPPO Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition
    I find it really amazing how much one or the other complains and complains as if their life depends on this update. Constructive criticism makes sense, but switching this talk to another manufacturer is annoying. Just do it and keep quiet because nobody wants to know.
    Well people have the freedom to express their views, experiences and compare to other manufacturers.

It's not the end of the world no, however it's also not acceptable when A. Said company says they will deliver a patch/security patch each month for their flagship only to drop the ball neigh on immediately and make cr*p excuses as to why and B. When they are lagging behind other manufacturers I mean Sony & Samsung have gotten theirs out to flagships and mid range phones.

Yet here some of us are 2 months+ out of date.

I complain a lot because I paid a LOT for the phone and those updates were promised until it magically disappeared and that effected the decision making for the purchase.

I use my handset for everything including my workplace (I work in IT) and due to the data we store/access the devices local storage need to be encrypted as well as being up to date on Security patched too, not 2, 3, 4 months out of date :/ .

That's why I'm vocal about it, I don't and didn't need to explain myself but chose to so I don't come across as being one of these uncompramising, keyboard warriors 😂.

But at the end of the day I've paid a lot for the device, part of the marketing/site info was clearly not true and that would have potentially Influenced that, same with them also disappearing the LTPO part of the Screen section 😅.

Ontop of that I'm expecting these patches to fix known bugs and irritating issues, but in the meantime having to just deal with them.

I do really like the phone the camera's are amazing next to none! UI feels great, feature set is great along with the charging speeds and how nice the Phone feels and looks physically.

So it's a shame that they are dropping the ball and just vaguely saying eventually it will come when other manufacturers are already there.

They want to charge a premium and compete with other premium manufacturers like Samsung etc then they need to be justifying and earning that premium cash, competing on all fronts including software development, patches and OS updates.
    Color os 13 VPN France!!!
    Screenshot_2022-12-06-12-48-14-87_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg