C.66 from France without VPN.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-10-21-05-02-90_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-10-21-05-02-90_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Sydney
Your device somehow got blocked from OTA. No amount of VPN or email will solve it. Take it (or mail it) to Oppo Macquarie Park in NSW and ask them to update to the latest version.

I had long conversations with Oppo and the service provider (Telstra, as mine is a Telstra branded Find X3 Pro) and even made a visit to Macquarie Park Oppo service center. Reading through the below might save someone a trip/ mailing in the handset to Oppo. if someone is trying to figure out how to get an update given that provider phones get woefully slow updates in Australia, the following is a summary of what I have understood after wasting a few hours of my life :)
1. Telstra/ Optus etc branded phones get OTAs from Oppo directly, however, it is up to Telstra, Optus etc to test and 'clear' the update to be rolled out to these branded handsets. So, until they finish their internal QA processes, the update will not be pushed to the handset. The only option is to wait very patiently (Last update on my handset has the Oct '21 security patch and it looks like the next update "may" come through in Q4 2022).
2. Going to the Oppo service center can help you get the new update flashed, however, this comes with the following caveats:
2.1 The phone will be wiped (Including wiping of any eSIM that you may have. This was the deal breaker for me as there is no way for me to get the eSIM again from my overseas provider for the second sim unless that eSIM is active and can be used to verify ownership of the sim - Catch 22)
2.2 Once they "force" flash the handset with an update, it will be blocked from any further OTA updates and the only way to get updates would be to take it/ mail it to the service center to get the next update, which means repeating 2.1 everytime you want an update.

Not a good experience/ outcome, but that's what I have gathered after wasting a a few hours of my life. I guess the real learning here is to be wary of buying a provider branded handset.

nguyenlucky

Jan 30, 2013
danang
I had long conversations with Oppo and the service provider (Telstra, as mine is a Telstra branded Find X3 Pro) and even made a visit to Macquarie Park Oppo service center. Reading through the below might save someone a trip/ mailing in the handset to Oppo. if someone is trying to figure out how to get an update given that provider phones get woefully slow updates in Australia, the following is a summary of what I have understood after wasting a few hours of my life :)
1. Telstra/ Optus etc branded phones get OTAs from Oppo directly, however, it is up to Telstra, Optus etc to test and 'clear' the update to be rolled out to these branded handsets. So, until they finish their internal QA processes, the update will not be pushed to the handset. The only option is to wait very patiently (Last update on my handset has the Oct '21 security patch and it looks like the next update "may" come through in Q4 2022).
2. Going to the Oppo service center can help you get the new update flashed, however, this comes with the following caveats:
2.1 The phone will be wiped (Including wiping of any eSIM that you may have. This was the deal breaker for me as there is no way for me to get the eSIM again from my overseas provider for the second sim unless that eSIM is active and can be used to verify ownership of the sim - Catch 22)
2.2 Once they "force" flash the handset with an update, it will be blocked from any further OTA updates and the only way to get updates would be to take it/ mail it to the service center to get the next update, which means repeating 2.1 everytime you want an update.

Not a good experience/ outcome, but that's what I have gathered after wasting a a few hours of my life. I guess the real learning here is to be wary of buying a provider branded handset.
Damn, that's more complicated than I thought. With the Find x2 pro, there's a trick to change region and unbrand to get faster OTA if service center can downgrade to Android 10. There's no such thing for Find x3 Pro.

Screw the carriers I guess

Alex4455

Aug 21, 2014
Does any one know if latest c66 fix the gaming / benchmark lags ? I am on c37 and i would like to know if its safe to update to latest. Thanks

Alex4455

Aug 21, 2014
Alight ! Thank you, I will wait for at least another patch, hope they fix the low power 3d bug
Until then, I will stay on C37

Regad

Mar 4, 2022
OPPO Reno8
Hi,
C67 too, but on Orange from France without VPN.

C66 said : correctif juily 22
C67 say : correctif april 22...

I'm not sur it was beneficial...

Edit:
Android Security Update August 5
For c67.

Last edited:

pickle_rick

Oct 10, 2018
Melbourne

I recently acquired a Telstra version which was on the same October 2021 update and living in Melbourne i took it in to get updated.

Took about 15-20 mins and they installed CPH2173_11_C.47 (Android 12) This doesn't change the phone to a global/other version as far as i can tell as i still noticed the Telstra App pre-installed after the update/wipe.

After it was done the receptionist at Oppo mentioned that another newer update was now available and i could download it like a regular OTA update which i have done (No VPN or anything else required, the update notification was already showing when they gave it back to me, and this is using a Catch pre-paid Sim). This is version CPH2173_11_C.64 (Android 12.1)

Will be interesting to see if i receive any future OTA updates now...

May 7, 2011
Sydney
I recently acquired a Telstra version which was on the same October 2021 update and living in Melbourne i took it in to get updated.

Took about 15-20 mins and they installed CPH2173_11_C.47 (Android 12) This doesn't change the phone to a global/other version as far as i can tell as i still noticed the Telstra App pre-installed after the update/wipe.

After it was done the receptionist at Oppo mentioned that another newer update was now available and i could download it like a regular OTA update which i have done (No VPN or anything else required, the update notification was already showing when they gave it back to me, and this is using a Catch pre-paid Sim). This is version CPH2173_11_C.64 (Android 12.1)

Will be interesting to see if i receive any future OTA updates now...
That sounds promising, thank you for sharing. I'll generate another QR code for my overseas esim and then make a trip to the service centre for an update. If OTAs are coming through, that makes it far less troublesome.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've upgraded mine to Android 14 and ever since I've been having at least daily crashes. The phone overheats, slows down and then restarts, all while massively draining the battery. I contacted Oppo support about this and they got me to do all the things including a factory reset, but none of it worked so they asked me to send it in for repairs (which I really doubt they will do as it's not trivial to reproduce). I bought another one off eBay to use while mine is being repaired and it's doing the exact same thing!
    Has anyone experienced this and found a solution by any chance? Is reverting Android 13 possible maybe?

My old X3 Pro work excelent with A14
    I found a Fix to stop battery drain

Fix - Disable the system battery app via adb https://adbappcontrol.com it's the one which drains the battery 🔋

I now get 8h+ SOT solid with heavy usage & overnight drain is 1% sometimes 0% drain on 120Hz easy after sleeping for like 7h+

Yes the battery section in setting won't show. You can then monitor your screen SOT with the battery guru app or any other app
    Hi, new update for OPG03 version.

1711617198154.jpeg
    We are waiting for color os14 , instead we got a security patch 🥲
    Hi, new update for vf version.
    CPH2173VF_14.0.0.600(EX01)
    France, with out VPN.
    👍 I may return with future update news going forward for those who would welcome it, but meh... If I do, I'm not correcting heresay or stupid, I'm not going to dignify petulant rants with a response.
    My source is not just a customer service rep or a Twitter bot, it's from the team developing these updates.
    I forgot how tedious it was to be part of the tech community.
    New firmware update
    Screenshot_2021-12-10-22-26-44-21_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg

Screenshot_2021-12-10-22-26-33-52.jpg

ColorOS 13.1 Update Supported Devices List:​

April 21, 2023

OPPO Find X5 Pro

April 24, 2023

OPPO Find N2
    OPPO Find N
    OPPO Find X3 Pro
    OPPO Find X5
    OPPO Find X3 Pro Photographer Edition
    OPPO Find X5 Pro Dimensity Edition
    OPPO Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition
    I find it really amazing how much one or the other complains and complains as if their life depends on this update. Constructive criticism makes sense, but switching this talk to another manufacturer is annoying. Just do it and keep quiet because nobody wants to know.
    Well people have the freedom to express their views, experiences and compare to other manufacturers.

It's not the end of the world no, however it's also not acceptable when A. Said company says they will deliver a patch/security patch each month for their flagship only to drop the ball neigh on immediately and make cr*p excuses as to why and B. When they are lagging behind other manufacturers I mean Sony & Samsung have gotten theirs out to flagships and mid range phones.

Yet here some of us are 2 months+ out of date.

I complain a lot because I paid a LOT for the phone and those updates were promised until it magically disappeared and that effected the decision making for the purchase.

I use my handset for everything including my workplace (I work in IT) and due to the data we store/access the devices local storage need to be encrypted as well as being up to date on Security patched too, not 2, 3, 4 months out of date :/ .

That's why I'm vocal about it, I don't and didn't need to explain myself but chose to so I don't come across as being one of these uncompramising, keyboard warriors 😂.

But at the end of the day I've paid a lot for the device, part of the marketing/site info was clearly not true and that would have potentially Influenced that, same with them also disappearing the LTPO part of the Screen section 😅.

Ontop of that I'm expecting these patches to fix known bugs and irritating issues, but in the meantime having to just deal with them.

I do really like the phone the camera's are amazing next to none! UI feels great, feature set is great along with the charging speeds and how nice the Phone feels and looks physically.

So it's a shame that they are dropping the ball and just vaguely saying eventually it will come when other manufacturers are already there.

They want to charge a premium and compete with other premium manufacturers like Samsung etc then they need to be justifying and earning that premium cash, competing on all fronts including software development, patches and OS updates.
    Color os 13 VPN France!!!
    Screenshot_2022-12-06-12-48-14-87_9492aa3750dca76abb7c25b39a5f1e8e.jpg