Firmware Update

Search This thread

Alex Atkin UK

Jan 4, 2007
its only a minor update, likely nothing you'll actually need, best thing you can do is just stay as you are for now, and worry about it when a full new rom is released. Also so long as you remove cwr from the phone/restore back to factory settings before running the update you should be fine.

I don't know about you but 10b had terrible video quality for me, shooting in 1080p looked more like 800x480 shot badly, then upscaled badly. That over-processed painted look to the image, terrible.

Now on 10d, shooting 1080p looks a lot more like I expect it to look. Its no Samsung Galaxy S2 for sure, but its decent. Photos still look like utter crap though which is odd, its like whatever fix they did applied to video only as now I think video is actually a sharper image than photos, which makes no sense at all. :(

Last edited:

bioweb

Dec 8, 2007
I finally got the update about 20 minutes ago. Just finished updating and all seems fine.

Don't know what's changed exactly but I've heard quality of 1080p video recording is improved quite a bit and some say the score slightly higher in benchmarks.

Highest Quadrant score was 2876 on stock software, about 2550 with all my widgets and LauncherPro running. Score gone up to 2771 with the same widgets and launcher so that's a nice improvement.

bioweb

Dec 8, 2007
weird, tried to upgrade via LG pc suit tool, but now it says my pc doesnt need upgrade, well I'm still on 10b (unbranded) ;/

That's what mine kept saying too. Have you tried the OTA updater again? A couple of hours ago it said I alreay had the latest firmware but like I said, about half an hour ago it finally gave me the update. My O3D is unbranded too.

PlanetRaptoR

Aug 27, 2010
Having similar issues, but on mine I get a "connection failed caused by authentication error" mesaage on tge phone, regardless of SIM.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA Premium App

appuser

Jul 18, 2011
Hi madshaun1984,

The same over here does anyone knows when an update for clockwork is ready??

And how to apply this update in recovery mode??

Thanks appuser

daGUCCI

Jun 19, 2011
yeah, that's weird, after about hour I got OTA update via phone, now im on 10d, not sure whats improved, is there any changelog out?

giocorrado

Aug 24, 2010
u guys need to take off your sim card to make the OTA update work .
take off the sim , turn on the device , connect with wifi and run the ota updaate, in about 10 min u have the new firmware...great...

Beaker491

Mar 16, 2011
Sheffield
I recieved my 3D from Tesco mobile yesterday, its running version V10b as well, no update available. I don't know if my device is locked to tesco tho? Would this delay the update if it was locked to the network? I can't find any carrier bloatware on it tho.

Ian

tourjefferson

Jul 12, 2011
London
Hey Beaker,

My phone is unlocked and I'm not able to update the firmware as well :(

I've seen an interview with one of the bosses from LG saying that the update from October will have an option to convert 2D games to 3D.

Do you guys think we will be able to convert roms (i.e N64 roms) with that tool?

otacon888

Jan 15, 2008
I got my O3D today and it is with 10b...tried to check for update...but nothing.

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,
    Just a heads up, click on your ota update button and there is a present for you, fully charged battery is must, 15 mins to install.

Andriod version 2.2.2

Software version V10d

Date 8th July

Kernel 2.6.35.7

Please post your findings and happy downloading used 25% of my fully charged battery to complete.
    ThiaiZO3D V1.2 is going to be out on a few hours.Based on the new V10J with 3D converter.
    hi new here fisrt post and like u im angry for not having gingerbread already so i emailed lg. i was more angry with there response, mainly cause they cant spell enquiry!!!

[/COLOR]can CM not just develop a working gongerbread or ics amd them just incorpprate the 3d features? im no dev but i mean how hard is it? really ?

Oh the irony :D
    Thats true is it easy to remove and then try again
    Follow this guys vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqC5qw6WRaY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

and enter recovery after if you get a time limit error you will know when you get it and do a syster recovery to boot in to recovery (vol- and Power and maybe 3D button as well if the other buttons don't work)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone