• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Firmware Upgrade - Joying JFW-UQD11N4G

Search This thread

ant_thomas

Feb 25, 2007
Feel like I'm missing something obvious - what is the firmware upgrade process on for the JFW-UQD11N4G?
11.6" 1080P UIS7862 head unit.

I've downloaded the latest ZIP from Joying, tried to use the update app, tried to update via settings and saved as "update.zip" in the filesystem root, but that failed.

Any ideas?

ant_thomas

Feb 25, 2007
I've found this which suggests it needs to be done via USB stick

Wondering if you can do it by downloading/extracting the ZIP on the head unit itself.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
I've found this which suggests it needs to be done via USB stick

Wondering if you can do it by downloading/extracting the ZIP on the head unit itself.
Yes, you can. Unizp the firmware to a empty USB-stick and simply insert the usb-stick into the unit. It will recognize the firmware and start the update.
Next time please read the Joying blog where you downloaded the firmware. That exactly describes this process and which firmware is suitable for your hardware (This has to do with sometimes deviating resolutions like for Tesla like units)

That recovery mode is only necessary in case you soft-bricked your unit.

ant_thomas

Feb 25, 2007
Yes, you can. Unizp the firmware to a empty USB-stick and simply insert the usb-stick into the unit. It will recognize the firmware and start the update.
Next time please read the Joying blog where you downloaded the firmware. That exactly describes this process and which firmware is suitable for your hardware (This has to do with sometimes deviating resolutions like for Tesla like units)

That recovery mode is only necessary in case you soft-bricked your unit.
The instructions aren't actually on the page with the download. They were on a different blog page.

My question is, is it possible to do without USB stick/drive since I've downloaded the firmware update directly to the headunit? I guess not.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
The instructions aren't actually on the page with the download. They were on a different blog page.

My question is, is it possible to do without USB stick/drive since I've downloaded the firmware update directly to the headunit? I guess not.
No, that is indeed not possible. It checks for an update on connected mass storage. usb-stick, sd-card via reader, usb-disk, etc.