• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Firmware] Xiaomi Mi A1 Firmware [Tissot][Oct sec patch]

Search This thread

findrome

Mar 9, 2013
Researching hardware.
I've attached some links.
After reviewing available teardowns, the most reliable appears to be the teardown linked here for the 5x. You might note the absence of internal antennae as most of us might recognize them; let alone any frequency optimized antennae. I think we may be staring down the barrel of a hardware limitation issue.
I'm unsure if the metal back cover contributes at all to our fluctuation/network issues. I can't find any information on the construction of this component in the way of metallurgy, density, polish, or thickness. All of these factors would have an effect on rf propagation. I'm searching for a compatible plastic back cover to test for comparison but as yet have not found anything.

There may be some hardware hacks possible, but I'd encourage everyone to stand down at this time pending further diagnostic.

http://www.mirazon.com/5-phenomena-that-impact-wi-fi-signal/

https://www.laptopmain.com/xiaomi-mi-5x-teardown/

I'll be starting a separate thread for further developments on this issue in the near future.
So, please don't goober this thread up .

If anyone could link me a plastic back cover, I'd appreciate it greatly. Please PM me with link, or any relevant information for the time being until the appropriate thread is opened.

Please don't goober this thread up .

Sent from my tissot using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: joeyhuab

findrome

Mar 9, 2013
Does this modem come with RR rom or is it packed within each kernel ?
Also, does it break safetynet or something ?
I haven't had any issues with safetynet, to my understanding the network modification integrated into the ROMs is a patch that fully enables the gsm function of the handset as it was capable operating on both GSM and CDMA networks out of the box.
Most manufactures do not make units to do so because it generally causes network problems.

I'll leave the kernel question for someone who is more knowledgeable than I.

marniel647

Aug 8, 2012
July patch is magic. Indoor problem remains an issue.

Assistant not working in June patch.

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

June 5 Stock Modem (non-beta) has working Assistant for me. All others not April and non stock don't have it working.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi A1 using XDA Labs

I also have the June modem but assistant is not working.

findrome

Mar 9, 2013
@joeyhuab
My previous phone was the international version Nexus 5. I didn't have the issues with it we have with the a1, even after going to DU, then PureNexus, and Slim. Even PA was more stable after it went unofficial.

Point is; What are the others (manufacturers and developers) doing that we're overlooking?

July build; indoor still an issue and rural areas dropping again.

Found a few points of interest in regard to hardware, going to experiment in the next few days.

Last edited:

paolocorpo

Jan 9, 2013
Sassoferrato
Dear developer,
I recently updated the rom of Mi A1 from stock 8.1.0 June to beta 8.1.0 July (I flashed the TWRP image wo any wipe)

I faced immediately after an issue with stability of Bluethoot connection of my device to infotainment system of my car (FORD equipped with SYNC3)
Do you think that I can fix the issue flashing the modem zip of June ?

Many thanks for your contribute
Paolo

Last edited:

findrome

Mar 9, 2013
Dear developer,
I recently updated the rom of Mi A1 from stock 8.1.0 June to beta 8.1.0 July (I flashed the TWRP image wo any wipe)

I faced immediately after an issue with stability of Bluethoot connection of my device to infotainment system of my car (FORD equipped with SYNC3)
Do you think that I can fix the issue flashing the modem zip of June ?

Many thanks for your contribute
Paolo
I'm pretty sure baseband is just the framework for mobile network support, so I'm reasonably certain that this will not fix your Bluetooth issue. I'd defer to your ROM thread for support in this regard.
That said, you could try it and see where it gets you but I wouldn't count on it making the difference you're looking for.
If you find it is more problematic than before, or simply wish to revert back, you have two options (1) generate a TWRP backup before flashing modem, or, (2) dirtyflash your ROM. Option (1) is recommended.

Reactions: paolocorpo

paolocorpo

Jan 9, 2013
Sassoferrato
I'm pretty sure baseband is just the framework for mobile network support, so I'm reasonably certain that this will not fix your Bluetooth issue. I'd defer to your ROM thread for support in this regard.
That said, you could try it and see where it gets you but I wouldn't count on it making the difference you're looking for.
If you find it is more problematic than before, or simply wish to revert back, you have two options (1) generate a TWRP backup before flashing modem, or, (2) dirtyflash your ROM. Option (1) is recommended.

I agree
I remember the same thing: modem aka baseband is responsible of network connection
Said that ... Do you know which is the framework responsible of BT connection ?

Inviato dal mio Mi A1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Mar 13, 2017
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Is anyone having issues with data disconnection? My signal remains unchanged and my device shows that I am connected to LTE but all my apps keep getting disconnected. Only since the newest update. :/ It really sucks because I'm finally getting the speeds I should when I actually am connected. Up to 100mbps

marniel647

Aug 8, 2012
@joeyhuab
My previous phone was the international version Nexus 5. I didn't have the issues with it we have with the a1, even after going to DU, then PureNexus, and Slim. Even PA was more stable after it went unofficial.

Point is; What are the others (manufacturers and developers) doing that we're overlooking?

July build; indoor still an issue and rural areas dropping again.

Found a few points of interest in regard to hardware, going to experiment in the next few days.

Does July build has assistant working.? April seems to have best modem for me and working assistant

findrome

Mar 9, 2013
Found after a reboot or two, fluctuations returned. I did some research through the forums and found that it isn't uncommon. So the remedy is to flash the modem twice to make it stick.
I booted to recovery and flashed once and wiped cache/dalvik, flashed again. For giggles, I rebooted to recovery and flashed a third time before booting system.

I'll report back as needed. Flashed April modem.

joeyhuab

Recognized Developer
Nov 5, 2012
Antipolo
evolution-x.org
Xiaomi Mi A1
Redmi K20 Pro
Follow recommendation in your ROM OP. To my understanding, this modem image was not taken from a treble capable source and so may not be treble compatible. Otherwise, try it out for yourself but be prepared to reflash your ROM. A backup is advised.
Not a problem installing this on treble ROMs.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi A1 using XDA Labs

Reactions: findrome

Top Liked Posts