First OPPO Global AMA Launched! Ask Me Anything About OPPO Find X5 Pro‘ Camera

Search This thread

OPPO Ambassador Team

Official OPPO Rep.
Feb 10, 2022
OPPO Find X5 Pro
#OPPOFindX5Pro #OPPOAMA I liked the night OPPO night shot but i want to ask you which capabilities of MariSilicon differentiate it from other chipset and which area has been improved most in camera department by using MariSilicon chipset? Thank you ☺️
Thanks. The Find X5 series is equipped with OPPO's self-developed MariSilicon X imaging NPU, which can effectively improve the nighttime imaging capabilities of the phone, greatly reduce noise through self-developed AINR and other algorithms, and HDR Fusion capabilities to enhance night scenes that complement each other.

Reactions: DarshanMeniya

OPPO Ambassador Team

Official OPPO Rep.
Feb 10, 2022
OPPO Find X5 Pro
What parts of the camera does the new silicon help with?
It is similar to the question raised by DarshanMeniya. The Find X5 series is equipped with OPPO's self-developed MariSilicon X imaging NPU, which can effectively improve the nighttime imaging capabilities of the phone, greatly reduce noise through self-developed AINR and other algorithms, and HDR Fusion capabilities to enhance night scenes that complement each other.

Reactions: DarshanMeniya

OPPO Ambassador Team

Official OPPO Rep.
Feb 10, 2022
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Why @OPPO Ambassador Team decided to skip periscope 85 - 200mm Continuous Optical Zoom lens?

I was expecting this incredible lens to be part of #FindXSeries!

If this was present in #OPPOFindX5Pro, then it would be top class smartphone 📱 IMO.

I'm expecting the same in #OPPOFindX6Pro 😉

#OPPOAMA
We are always trying to add improve people's daily life with our technology and devices. The FX5P included a 5-axis OIS unlocking a range of features to be used in everyday scenarios such as video recording, vlogging, and photo shooting in low-light environments. Since space in a smartphone is limited we had to sacrifice the microlens this time in order to make room for the stabilization system.

Reactions: smasithick

OPPO Ambassador Team

Official OPPO Rep.
Feb 10, 2022
OPPO Find X5 Pro
What's the major breakthrough the team achieved in this device which enabled them to take best low light photo's
On the front camera, in response to the pain point of poor Selfie performance in low light, the Find X5 Pro uses a customized IMX 709 sensor and self-developed RGBW super-sensitive mode, which increases the amount of light by 60%, so that Selfies in low light can retain rich details.
We also recognize there is a greater power requirement specifically when capturing night video. This is because of MariSilicon X, Find X5 Pro’s imaging NPU, which activates when capturing low light video.

Reactions: CyclopsC

Tamil15

Jul 31, 2014
Chennai
As it is a NPU, meaning, needed to be feed like any machine learning, so far, at what capacity the NPU is used by #OPPOFindX5Pro Series?
There are two other elements to be aware of:
1) Mari Silicon X NPU as hardware
2) Hasselblad Software

Algorithms in the camera, image processing, including dealing with contrasting light, Anyway, with intense backlighting, the OPPO camera system does a great work of levelling out shadows and keeping scenes from being too dark. And there's night mode, which lets you shoot in extremely low-light conditions by taking a few seconds of exposure and then employing algorithms to compensate for any handshake. This works with the camera's built-in light-trails and long-exposure settings, as well.

Take a look at the images attached;
Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

This means the OPPO Find X5 Pro with NPU is used to get more, and it will be improved during the course.

Reactions: a5ian300zx

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
It is similar to the question raised by DarshanMeniya. The Find X5 series is equipped with OPPO's self-developed MariSilicon X imaging NPU, which can effectively improve the nighttime imaging capabilities of the phone, greatly reduce noise through self-developed AINR and other algorithms, and HDR Fusion capabilities to enhance night scenes that complement each other.
Thanks. So are you saying that for imaging you don't use the processing capabilities of the Snapdragon processor and instead use your own silicon?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey friends,

We're the OPPO Ambassadors Team. Endless questions about the #OPPOFindX5Pro's camera capabilities? Our first global AMA event now is open for each of you here, talking about OPPO Find X5 Pro's camera! Brighter spot, we're inviting Travis Zhao, OPPO's Camera Product Manager, to host the #OPPOAMA!

Drop your questions in the thread now, and we’ll start answering them from 30 March at 2:00 PM GMT+8 and continue until 7:00 PM GMT+8. Look forward to the conversations with you!

Update:
    We're now answering your questions. Are uou ready? Join our Twitter Space to catch all answers.

16:9-1920x1080-CAMERA.jpg

Prize:​

Five lucky participants will also win a sample MariSilicon X NPU! Including XDA and Twitter participants.

Sample NPU.jpeg

Shot by @abhishekyadavphotography

This thread is only for the questions and answers about OPPO Find X5 Pro’s camera. Please adhere to XDA rules when participating in this conversation.
    What's the major breakthrough the team achieved in this device which enabled them to take best low light photo's
    It's probably the natural tones in the daytime photos and the incredible night images, especially in very dark environments.
    Take a look at these pictures.
    Hey friends,

We're the OPPO Ambassadors Team. Endless questions about the #OPPOFindX5Pro's camera capabilities? Our first global AMA event now is open for each of you here, talking about OPPO Find X5 Pro's camera! Brighter spot, we're inviting Travis Zhao, OPPO's Camera Product Manager, to host the #OPPOAMA!

Drop your questions in the thread now, and we’ll start answering them from 30 March at 2:00 PM GMT+8 and continue until 7:00 PM GMT+8. Look forward to the conversations with you!

View attachment 5569559

Prize:​

Five lucky participants will also win a sample MariSilicon X NPU! Including XDA and Twitter participants.

View attachment 5569595

Shot by @abhishekyadavphotography

This thread is only for the questions and answers about OPPO Find X5 Pro’s camera. Please adhere to XDA rules when participating in this conversation.
    Why @OPPO Ambassador Team decided to skip periscope 85 - 200mm Continuous Optical Zoom lens?

I was expecting this incredible lens to be part of #FindXSeries!

If this was present in #OPPOFindX5Pro, then it would be top class smartphone 📱 IMO.

I'm expecting the same in #OPPOFindX6Pro 😉

#OPPOAMA
    First off I just want to say stellar job on the cameras on the find X5. Oppo has really had awesome cameras for a while now and the dual sensors on the X5 are a really great idea and what the community craves. However, what I really want is modularity. Hear me out, devices should be built to last so, my question is how feasible would that be? Just pop off the old camera module and replace it when newer tech gets developed.
    What's the camera engine used by oppo?