Spaceminer

Sep 9, 2016
Olympus Mons

Spaceminer

Sep 9, 2016
Olympus Mons
Pie Soak Test!

I found it! Please mirror.

ui_print("Target: motorola/aljeter/aljeter:9/PPP29.41/b1fe5:user/release-keys");

Download

As far as I know, you must be on the Sept. patch. So, you must downgrade firmware first. It also appears to be for the Aljeter only, so I don't know if it'll work on the Jeter.

These installation steps need confirmation. I am not responsible for any bricked devices.

1. Downgrade to OPP27.91-143 first.

2. Extract gpt_main0.bin from the ota zip and flash it in fastboot.

fastboot flash partition gpt_main0.bin

3. Reboot to recovery, and apply the OTA update from your sdcard.

4. Let the system restart. It'll take about 10min.

Reactions: Amoncosso

blowingoff

May 26, 2014
works just fine. followed the instructions exactly and I'm on Pie now. and already loving it. one thing: at the update checking screen, it says my device is no more ellegible for updstes...

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

adding: this is a massive upgrade, hell yeah, I like my phone even more now. it's nice that motorola is really bringing it.

Reactions: Spaceminer

Spaceminer

Sep 9, 2016
Olympus Mons
@blowingoff What model are you running? Jeter or aljeter? Assuming aljeter?
I'm on the Jeter and I can't install it. (xt1922-7) The bootloader rejects the gpt file, which is needed to expand the recovery partition. I'm still searching for Jeter specific firmware.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I never know the difference. I know it is XT1922-5.
I feel the same way even when I do know. Motorola did their best to make it as confusing as humanly possible.

Reactions: techboy11

Spaceminer

Sep 9, 2016
Olympus Mons
so as you are in Jeter and can't do the update, I suppose mine is aljeter. right?
Yes, that should be correct. I think it's both country and carrier dependent. I'm in the US on Virgin Mobile. I know that I can flash any xt1922-x firmware except things related to the bootloader. Those must be Sprint branded or they fail. I can't get Sahara to run on windows 10, otherwise I think I could make them flash anyways.

wmosquini

Oct 5, 2013
Vitória
In my case, I can give a flash in GPT, but when I install update via recovery the following error is displayed:
E: Failed to verify whole-file signature update package verification.
E: Signature verification failed
E: Error: 21

PS: JETER XT1922-5.

Last edited:

blowingoff

May 26, 2014
In my case, I can give a flash in GPT, but when I install update via recovery the following error is displayed:
E: Failed to verify whole-file signature update package verification.
E: Signature verification failed
E: Error: 21

PS: JETER XT1922-5.
did you get back to september security patch?

blowingoff

May 26, 2014
I had to downgrade to the OPP27.91-143, my device was in OPP27.91-177 (December patch).
In the attached image you have the version print.
I downloaded it again and now I succeeded!
It worked at G6 Play Brasil! Good!
hm... the Home button is a little bit different on mine, what the heck?

Attachments