• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[First time] Need some advices

Search This thread
Sorry to bother, read on Sakura faqs:

Following your guide above, once unlock the bootloader and installed twrp, and wipe dalvik, cache, vendor and data, i'm a bit lost about installing firmware and vendor zips, you do not mention above about these modules, are these necessary before installing the Sakura Rom?

I found them here:

On this website there are 3 downloads fro the 10T lite, firmware, vendor and MIUI:

1) Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G/Mi 10T Lite/Mi 10i gauguin stable V12.0.2.0.RJSEUXM 11.0 Europe Download 2021-05-27

2) Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G/Mi 10T Lite/Mi 10i stable V12.0.1.0.QJSEUXM Europe GitHub | SF 1.3 GB 2020-10-0

Need to install these two files (discarding the MIUI) via twrp before or i can flash directly the Sakura rom?

Read here on xda that majority of last custom roms have already inside these two modules when flashing a phone, but i'm confused since the installation guide mention that i need to do this myself.

Thanks.
What stock ROM do you have have?what version and is It EU or,..,?

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
What stock ROM do you have have?what version and is It EU or,..,?

Just official europe version, i'll buy this one, wondering if i have to do these things or not, do not want to mess with it and do damage.

Well, to be sure, when i'll have the phone i'll take a screenshot of the hardware and firmware installed and i post here so you can have a better idea of what rom is installed natively.

Just official europe version, i'll buy this one, wondering if i have to do these things or not, do not want to mess with it and do damage.

Well, to be sure, when i'll have the phone i'll take a screenshot of the hardware and firmware installed and i post here so you can have a better idea of what rom is installed natively.
Where you buy it, the seller must indicate whether it is an EEA/GLOBAL /indian etc.. version.

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
According to the comments it would be an EEA version.

For 31 euros more you can have a POCO F 3(Unless you have a discount on Amazon).

I think F3 is a bit overkill for my purpose and it cost 296 eur, is 60+ eur, unfortunately i do not have any coupon.

So regarding the EEA version, i need to flash the firmware and vendor before flash the rom or i can directly flash the Sakura rom? This was my first doubt.

PS: Anyway, since i will buy the phone at the end of this month, if a special daily deal come up, under 250 eur, i can afford the F3.

Last edited:
I think F3 is a bit overkill for my purpose and it cost 296 eur, is 60+ eur, unfortunately i do not have any coupon.

So regarding the EEA version, i need to flash the firmware and vendor before flash the rom or i can directly flash the Sakura rom?
"In the end point to Xiaomi 10T Lite just because i found it at a 220 eur"

The Mi 10t lite link displays a price of 266,92 €

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
"In the end point to Xiaomi 10T Lite just because i found it at a 220 eur"

The Mi 10t lite link displays a price of 266,92 €
Check it and noticed the price raise to 235, is 15 eur more, probably they sell some devices so the price raise. Is still within my budget.

My budget is max 250 eur, 10T Lite seems the best compromise around this price. Sorry if i wasn't more clear about this.

If the price continue to raise i will change to Poco X3 NFC, my second alternative.

Last edited:
Check it and noticed the price raise to 235, is 15 eur more, probably they sell some devices so the price raise. 235 eur is the pearl gray version, 268 eur is the atlantic blue.

I do not have the money atm, need to wait the payment at the end of the month and my budget is max 250, so i tried to find the best around this price, and the 10T Lite seems the best compromise. Sorry if i wasn't more clear about this.

If the price continue to raise i will change to Poco X3 NFC, my second alternative.
Strange the price is 266,92 € +Consegna a 5,50 €(with vpn italy)
Pearl gray

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
Strange the price is 266,92 € +Consegna a 5,50 €(with vpn italy)
Pearl gray
Probably you see a different price because you do not live there, anyway the price i see atm is 235 for pearl gray shipping included.

But well, leave the price alone, regarding my question, can you give me some tips if i need to flash such firmware and vendor before the custom rom? That all i need to know.

kd276

Jun 14, 2021
Bought Poco X3 Pro 6/128Gb for 169 eur, was a special day deal on mi store. Snap 860. :)

This change my plans, guess i need to post in the dedicated forum for a guide.

Last edited:
Bought Poco X3 Pro 6/128Gb for 169 eur, was a special day deal on mi store. Snap 860. :)

This change my plans, guess i need to post in the dedicated forum for a guide.
Best choice.

How to :https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/xiaomi-poco-x3-pro.12163/?prefix_id=37

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, i'm coming from Nexus 4, a great phone, so i decided to upgrade to this phone, the Xiaomi 10T Lite, is enought for my purpose.

I want to install a custom rom so i can have full control of apps and what to install/upgrade, but i find the procedure very different from my old N4.

I want to ask if the procedure below is correct to avoid brick my phone since it will arrive at the end of this week.

- First, i need to install the recovery, i always use TWRP, i connect the 10T Lite to my pc using the usb cable, then i press volume down + power to enter the fastboot, once there i back on pc, install google usb drivers from official site to recognize the phone under device manager, then i download TWRP for Mi 10T Lite, then go to adb folder directory (i'm using a protable version) and i flash the recovery with the standard procedure via cmd:

fastboot flash recovery -twrp_x.x.x.x-.img

This is correct?

- Second i need to unroot the phone, i download Magisk 23.0 from the official site:

then i boot into recovery, then i install the img, is this right?

- Third, i install the rom with the same procedure as point two, in my case i want to use this:
    [ROM][11][gauguin] The Baolong24 AOSP Project | Mi 10T Lite / Mi 10i / Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G

Is all the procedure correct and i'm done or i need to install more tools or do more wipes?

I read about LazyFlasher, is this tool needed too or don't matter? For my N4 i use SuperSu to manage root permissions and working great, when a new upgrade of the rom is released i just overwrite the old one from the TWRP flashing the new img and wiping cache.

Thank you and sorry for the redundant questions.
    Download platform-tools

Classic procedure for MIUI devices.
    1/
    Unlock bootloader(surely done)
    2/
    .\fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    3/
    Twrp->wipe->format data->yes-reboot recovery
    4/
    flash rom with twrp(according to the instructions of the OP)(use OTG or put the zip into internal storage with the Pc**)
    5/
    Flash Magisk(rename Magisk.apk to Magisk.zip**)
    6/
    reboot system
    Thank you a lot, i already have adb + fastboot unzipped ina folder, i also have google usb drivers to recognize the phone under windows, i need these tools as a whole too?

You said unlock the bootloader, what command i need to do? Or i can do this after twrp installation via adb command line, or better, i can do this after the rom installation throught Magisk (similar to SuperSu)?

Sorry, i never managed a MIUI device. N4 was a bit different.
    Unlock bootloader is mandatory for install Twrp,custom rom etc...(Wait 168 hours)
    All tools(drivers,command,etc..) are in platform tools
    Buy a POCO F 3;)
    poco f3 /290 on Chinese site:)unsure:)
    and it will surely go down

You think i need to wait the price go down? 300 eur is no joke indeed, but for my purpose is better than the 10T Lite?

I mean, i don't care about playing games or download apps from playstore, i used always APK offline apps, for everything else i use the phone just for basic operations, like callings, e-mail, sms, mms, internet (telegram, rumble,etc...), streaming videos, camera to record videos and photos, nothing more, so a goodly hardware is wasted.
    Guess a 750G 6+128Gb is more then enought.

My actual Nexus 4 (2+12Gb) still good but it do not support ethernet connection, storage is limited, the battery is very crap and the camera for photos and video is bad too. Time to upgrade after almost a decade. :D

ps: Choose the 10T Lite over the 11 Lite because 11 Lite have more weak hardware (732G), is more expensive and i can't unlock the bootloader yet.
    I use Sakura with Taleswaves Kerenel not rooted , I loved this rom, and just hope that they will work on it , not stop after one or two updates.
    I try all roms from here , but Sakura have nice UI ..