First update from Vivo

Search This thread

Guy1731

Oct 13, 2006
Zellik
Thanks! I suppose we will get that automatically (when checked in update settings), but thanks anyway for notifying it here. ;)

Co.okie4u

Feb 23, 2017
Saw many reviews and tests on YouTube and nobody has mentioned such problems with the Fingerprintscanner. I think this will be a "Pre-Release-Device" problem.

emilrune

Oct 13, 2009

Co.okie4u

Feb 23, 2017
I'm not so negative ... In my opinion it's a very early stage of the device and i think some points are related to the Pre-Release-Device he has. On the software side i think it's only a question of time until there are some other options. :)

I have a Zuk Z2 Pro and know what i'm talking about. The ZUI interface was only crap but now it's running AOSP Android 8.1 and i'm really really happy with the device. It's better then my S8 was.

emilrune

Oct 13, 2009
Yes but the kicker is as always, does the bootloader get unlocked... I don't know about Vivo and their practices on this.

MixEvo

only thing i have noticed a improvement on is the Fingerprint reader(seems much more consistent) , the camera seems to focus better and give slightly better results. Also the three bars at the bottom of the home screen are at the absolute bottom now and much wider.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180701_102424.jpg
    Screenshot_20180701_102424.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 564

KOLIOSIS

only thing i have noticed a improvement on is the Fingerprint reader(seems much more consistent) , the camera seems to focus better and give slightly better results. Also the three bars at the bottom of the home screen are at the absolute bottom now and much wider.

THX!....
After you posted this,I decided to take a look in the Settings > System Update & found the update notes in English (probably translated to whatever default language you choose) & pretty much line-up with your observations/usage:

Dy5yfbel.jpg
lcBxBIAl.jpg

The notes may have been available in the previous updates,but,I didn't notice the little arrow to click on to read the notes (probably there all along)...... :eek:

Last edited:

MixEvo

THX!....
After you posted this,I decided to take a look in the Settings > System Update & found the update notes in English (probably translated to whatever default language you choose) & pretty much line-up with your observations/usage:

Dy5yfbel.jpg
lcBxBIAl.jpg

The notes may have been available in the previous updates,but,I didn't notice the little arrow to click on to read the notes (probably there all along)...... :eek:
haha yeah the arrow has been there to check the changelog but the improvements they claim are actually noticable to me at least ?

tacopicante123

Dec 19, 2008
FunTouch OS is the only thing that's keeping me from buying this phone... Any thoughts on the overall phone functionality from people that have it? I currently own a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and love it except for the selfie camera being on the bottom of my screen. My main thing would be to be able to get the Play Store and use Bluetooth with my car audio system... Any thoughts appreciated ?

KOLIOSIS

FunTouch OS is the only thing that's keeping me from buying this phone... Any thoughts on the overall phone functionality from people that have it? I currently own a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and love it except for the selfie camera being on the bottom of my screen. My main thing would be to be able to get the Play Store and use Bluetooth with my car audio system... Any thoughts appreciated

I might be having one serious BLONDE MOMENT :laugh: ,but,I can't seem to find how to make the YouTube app play by default,from links in email/texts/etc.....
Again,it could just be me,the settings on this phone are convoluted,makes Huawei & Xiaomi look clean & simple by comparison.......
So,in the meantime,I'm using this default picker app to help out:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aboutmycode.betteropenwith&hl=en_US

paatha13

Jul 27, 2016
Athens
I might be having one serious BLONDE MOMENT [emoji23] ,but,I can't seem to find how to make the YouTube app play by default,from links in email/texts/etc.....

Again,it could just be me,the settings on this phone are convoluted,makes Huawei & Xiaomi look clean & simple by comparison.......

So,in the meantime,I'm using this default picker app to help out:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aboutmycode.betteropenwith&hl=en_US

Does YouTube Vanced non root version works on Vivo Nex or not.
Have you tried it?

On my OP5T works both version(root or not root )as well 6 months now
https://vanced.azurewebsites.net/APKs?type=NONROOT

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

paatha13

Jul 27, 2016
Athens
Yeah, it works, but, as stated on the site, no Micro G, no log in......

Sent from my vivo NEX S using XDA Labs

Installing the micro g file from above link doesn’t work??
I used 0.2.4-105 version from above link and always works great.

You can try both of them providing.

Last edited:

emilrune

Oct 13, 2009
FunTouch OS is the only thing that's keeping me from buying this phone... Any thoughts on the overall phone functionality from people that have it? I currently own a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and love it except for the selfie camera being on the bottom of my screen. My main thing would be to be able to get the Play Store and use Bluetooth with my car audio system... Any thoughts appreciated

I go back and forth seemingly daily. I lust for the hardware, it is to me the next step on the path to OLED in-display cameras, but that bizarre Android iOS clone nonsense they have going on is pushing me away. Funtouch sounds like a waking nightmare.

I currently have a Mi Mix 2, and already the rumor mill is in full swing re. the Mix 3. Google Mi Mix 3 and check out some early leaks, they are rumored to follow the Nex style. Admitted MIUI is not all that great either, but at least Xiaomi is a bit more dev friendly on releasing the kernels etc. And sorry for the hijack:p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Nex-Fans,

Vivo has announced the first OS update for our device which improves the overall, the game, camera and fingerprintscanner performance.

Source:
    Gizchina

I go back and forth seemingly daily. I lust for the hardware, it is to me the next step on the path to OLED in-display cameras, but that bizarre Android iOS clone nonsense they have going on is pushing me away. Funtouch sounds like a waking nightmare.

I currently have a Mi Mix 2, and already the rumor mill is in full swing re. the Mix 3. Google Mi Mix 3 and check out some early leaks, they are rumored to follow the Nex style. Admitted MIUI is not all that great either, but at least Xiaomi is a bit more dev friendly on releasing the kernels etc. And sorry for the hijack:p
    Just got newer update version(Chinese version)

IMG_1234.JPG