• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

First update from Vivo

Search This thread

Grom8

Jul 3, 2018
I just got another update, haven't had time to go through the changes but on first glance I dont like what they did with the "button" prompts at the bottom of the screen. Looks like on silly flat line instead of the old distinguishable swipe areas :(

monoke

Oct 2, 2014
Curious but can u assign a far end swipe up to the task switcher instead of control center? Cuz I switch apps far more than control center and swipe up and hold is just too slow.

KOLIOSIS

I just got another update, haven't had time to go through the changes but on first glance I dont like what they did with the "button" prompts at the bottom of the screen. Looks like on silly flat line instead of the old distinguishable swipe areas :(

Curious but can u assign a far end swipe up to the task switcher instead of control center? Cuz I switch apps far more than control center and swipe up and hold is just too slow.

I found using an app such as Nav Bar Apps or Immersive Settings (both in the Google Play Store) is the best solution, picking which apps use full screen (& standard navigation buttons just a swipe up away), while the other apps not chosen have the standard navigation buttons always present.
Both require use of ADB commands to grant the permission to get things rolling, but, afterwards, it's pretty straight forward & the permissions stick until a factory reset, even if you choose to uninstall the app you use to set it up.

Last edited:

t7gc7

Mar 21, 2017
1.15.4 that the version i get out of the boxe and no OTA update. Can someone confirm that is the last version ?

t7gc7

Mar 21, 2017

I just let the small 3 points, so you can just distinguish the swipe areas and i agree with you the flat line is horrible.

t7gc7

Mar 21, 2017
I see this on YouTube :
GiOkN+

Anyone get this update ?

Reactions: KOLIOSIS

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
Fingerprint sensor is very good, obviously not as good as traditional fingerprint sensor but that's expected for new technology.
It's getting used to the way to use to accurately.
I'm quite impressed and it works 9/10 times for me.

Highly recommended phone for those who have some patient and familiar with Chinese restrictions and work around.

Reactions: paatha13

t7gc7

Mar 21, 2017
Can you tell me
Is the nex s great phone ?
I wanna buy it
Do you recommend it for me or wait for find x?

Find X Price is really higher and you have to wait until August. I dont do a lot of selfies that why i dont worry about the mechanical system but that is different on the Find X because you will use it for unlocking a LOT of Time.

This phone is great and well made like a Samsung premium phone.

Reactions: rowihel2012

justinswidebody

Jun 20, 2010
:( No update here ...

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Vivo is actually working on a global rom for customer outside Asia ...

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Any amelioration ?

What is amelioration?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Nex-Fans,

Vivo has announced the first OS update for our device which improves the overall, the game, camera and fingerprintscanner performance.

Source:
    Gizchina
    only thing i have noticed a improvement on is the Fingerprint reader(seems much more consistent) , the camera seems to focus better and give slightly better results. Also the three bars at the bottom of the home screen are at the absolute bottom now and much wider.
    FunTouch OS is the only thing that's keeping me from buying this phone... Any thoughts on the overall phone functionality from people that have it? I currently own a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and love it except for the selfie camera being on the bottom of my screen. My main thing would be to be able to get the Play Store and use Bluetooth with my car audio system... Any thoughts appreciated

I go back and forth seemingly daily. I lust for the hardware, it is to me the next step on the path to OLED in-display cameras, but that bizarre Android iOS clone nonsense they have going on is pushing me away. Funtouch sounds like a waking nightmare.

I currently have a Mi Mix 2, and already the rumor mill is in full swing re. the Mix 3. Google Mi Mix 3 and check out some early leaks, they are rumored to follow the Nex style. Admitted MIUI is not all that great either, but at least Xiaomi is a bit more dev friendly on releasing the kernels etc. And sorry for the hijack:p
    Just got newer update version(Chinese version)

IMG_1234.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro