[FIX]07-07-12-NEW Working GPS Fix and fix for WiFi, BT, & MMS on Verizon 4.1 ROMs

Search This thread

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
This 'fix' is old and is not be needed anymore since it was only used for GSM JB roms ported to CDMA TORO devices. Now that proper toro roms/sources are available, it will not 'fix' anything unless you are wanting to use an old rom.

This flashable .zip contains fixes for the some of the GSM settings used by those releasing Toro Jellybean ROMs. I haven't checked them all to see which ones are still using GSM settings, but these fixes shouldn't hurt anything if they are already using the correct files. I imagine they will eventually be incorporated just like the wifi fix was. Here is what is changed by this .zip:
  • /system/app/Mms.apk - correct uaprof for Verizon. Thanks to adrynalyne. Allows you to receive videos and play them. It converts to MMS instead of splitting at 160 characters! Just FYI. It can be fixed, but with jelly bean AOSP, I don't know if there is much point.Will replace any themed MMS you are using.
  • /system/etc/wifi/bcmdhd.cal - Fixes weak wifi signal
  • /system/vendor/firmware/bcm4330.hcd - Fixes weak BT signal and may help wifi as well.

DOWLOAD MD5: 552ca815433a88524ef00f738263c0dd

NEW Fix for gps - So far, all reports have been that it helps gps. Please make a backup of the files listed below or know how to recover to your rom's versions if something does not work. The .zip does not break your gps now :). It contains the stock files from Verizon IMM76K 4.0.4 ROM.
  • /system/vendor/etc/sirfgps.conf - Using Verizon's version instead of GSM version.
  • /system/vendor/lib/hw/gps.omap4.so
  • /system/etc/gps.conf
  • /system/lib/lib_gsd4t.so

DOWNLOAD MD5: 70e63ce5a8d64416af5becf3f5d6bd6e

Please post with feedback if there are problems or it works :).

As always, you are taking the risk of using these files. I use them and have no problems, but I can't guarantee everyone else's experience will be the same.

Last edited:

blackhand1001

Sep 3, 2011
Yeah it was definitely much weaker. I'll try this when I go back to jellybean probably later today . Back on cm9 for now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (VZW) using xda premium

spimonkey34

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2009
Plano, TX
Good job. Went from no WiFi to 4 bars on the same spot in my house. Nice find.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: mwalt2

murdocthc

Mar 29, 2010
Worked for me as well! Nice work! Finally have a stable WiFi connection to my 5ghz network :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mwalt2

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Thanks for the confirmation guys. It looks like a configuration file and mentions verizon a few times and 5 ghz, etc. It had a lot of differences with the version included in the jellybean roms that have been released.

Reactions: mmuzzy

mmuzzy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
The wifi was a deal breaker. I was just about to restore ics. Thanks a lot for this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cykotix

Dec 14, 2010
This fix works great. At work, however, we connect via ssl certs and that still isn't working. I was able to connect to our guest network via WPA2 just fine though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This 'fix' is old and is not be needed anymore since it was only used for GSM JB roms ported to CDMA TORO devices. Now that proper toro roms/sources are available, it will not 'fix' anything unless you are wanting to use an old rom.

This flashable .zip contains fixes for the some of the GSM settings used by those releasing Toro Jellybean ROMs. I haven't checked them all to see which ones are still using GSM settings, but these fixes shouldn't hurt anything if they are already using the correct files. I imagine they will eventually be incorporated just like the wifi fix was. Here is what is changed by this .zip:
    • /system/app/Mms.apk - correct uaprof for Verizon. Thanks to adrynalyne. Allows you to receive videos and play them. It converts to MMS instead of splitting at 160 characters! Just FYI. It can be fixed, but with jelly bean AOSP, I don't know if there is much point.Will replace any themed MMS you are using.
    • /system/etc/wifi/bcmdhd.cal - Fixes weak wifi signal
    • /system/vendor/firmware/bcm4330.hcd - Fixes weak BT signal and may help wifi as well.

DOWLOAD MD5: 552ca815433a88524ef00f738263c0dd

NEW Fix for gps - So far, all reports have been that it helps gps. Please make a backup of the files listed below or know how to recover to your rom's versions if something does not work. The .zip does not break your gps now :). It contains the stock files from Verizon IMM76K 4.0.4 ROM.
    • /system/vendor/etc/sirfgps.conf - Using Verizon's version instead of GSM version.
    • /system/vendor/lib/hw/gps.omap4.so
    • /system/etc/gps.conf
    • /system/lib/lib_gsd4t.so

DOWNLOAD MD5: 70e63ce5a8d64416af5becf3f5d6bd6e

Please post with feedback if there are problems or it works :).

As always, you are taking the risk of using these files. I use them and have no problems, but I can't guarantee everyone else's experience will be the same.
    Thread cleaned.
    Respect will get more help than the opposite
    Thanks
    FNM
    Op think you can do the same thing with Bluetooth?

Yeah, there is a toro specific BT/Wifi file as well. Someone has tested it and said he thought it was better. I'll probably update the first post later tonight. If anyone else wants to test it, you can get it at the link below. Please report your findings if you use it. Thanks.

Fix now included in post 1.
    I think you may be completely right. I forgot that I included that file in my personal jelly bean rom, but did not put it into the 'fix'. Maybe both files need to go together in order for it to work (which is why the 'fix' I posted broke everyone's gps but mine...oops). I'll update the OP with another test fix and include gps.omap4.so, sirgps.conf, and the gps.conf from IMM76K for Verizon.

Using a quick binary comparison of CM9 for toro and maguro, I came up with the following differences between the ROMs that I based on moving things from Verizon IMM76K to the jelly bean maguro port.
    Code:
    \system\app\BIP.apk
    \system\app\RTN.apk
    \system\app\VZWAPNLib.apk
    \system\app\VZWAPNService.apk
    \system\etc\gps.conf
    \system\etc\permissions\android.hardware.telephony.cdma.xml
    \system\etc\permissions\com.vzw.vzwapnlib.xml
    \system\etc\permissions\com.vzw.hardware.lte.xml
    \system\etc\permissions\com.vzw.hardware.ehrpd.xml
    \system\etc\wifi\bcmdhd.cal
    \system\etc\apns-conf.xml
    \system\etc\NOTICE.html.gz
    \system\lib\hw\gps.omap4.so
    \system\lib\lib_gsd4t.so
    \system\vendor\etc\sirfgps.conf
    \system\vendor\firmware\bcm4330.hcd
    \system\vendor\lib\libsec-ril_lte.so

Thanks for the info and trying it on the clean rom install. I appreciate it. I'll put up another 'test' gps fix. I did put the gps.omap4.so from the verizon IMM76K ROM into my jelly bean ROM, but forgot that I did that until bencozzy mentioned it and I checked. That file is different between toro and maguro for roms running the same android version.

EDIT - New gps test fix is up. Back up those 3 files listed in OP, flash it, and let me know how it goes.
    i forgot to post my gps fix but anyways the toro gps.omap4.so won't load if u just replace the module it is dependent on lib_gsd4t.so so it will fail to load so u need to include that as well BAM GPS fix :)
    waiting for some feedback before pulling the trigger