[Fix][27 Mar] Wifi Problem on CM9

Search This thread

pekaka

Apr 5, 2007
Liuzhou
forum.xda-developers.com
Firstly,thanks for Vorbeth's great work for CM9,it's wonderful ROM,I like it very much (esp. for [25 Mar] OpenSensation | CyanogenMod 9),unfortunately after fashing,my wifi can't connect the internet anyway,at last,I found a very simple way to let it work,just change the two files, one is \etc\wifi\wpa_supplicant.conf,another is \bin\wpa_supplicant,the two files I draged from lastest ROM-ARHD6.5.3,he he,flash into CM9 rom,it really works,if you have the same problem,you can try the ZIP attachment,just flash it without wipe anything,good luck!
View attachment Fix_wifi_CM9_signed.zip
if it really do work for you,I will be very happy:)

Last edited by a moderator:

NecroNomNicoN

Jan 26, 2012
Montreal
Firstly,thanks for Vorbeth's great work for CM9,it's wonderful ROM,I like it very much (esp. for [25 Mar] OpenSensation | CyanogenMod 9),unfortunately after fashing,my wifi can't connect the internet anyway,at last,I found a very simple way to let it work,just change the two files, one is \etc\wifi\wpa_supplicant.conf,another is \bin\wpa_supplicant,the two files I draged from lastest ROM-ARHD6.5.3,he he,flash into CM9 rom,it really works,if you have the same problem,you can try the ZIP attachment,just flash it ,good luck!
View attachment 968064

I am confirming that this fix worked for me...previously I was only getting wifi to work with (cyan build 22-03-12) any newer build i flashed broke wifi no matter how I flashed it (i.e. full wipe or not)....

pekaka

Apr 5, 2007
Liuzhou
forum.xda-developers.com
Pekaka...I think you misunderstood me...it worked perfectly thank you.....I was explaining how the roms did not work for me before.

Sent from my Pyramid using xda premium

I don't know the real reason,but change the two files , WIFI is ok ,I guess that there are something which set in these two files broke our routers,so I post it here to help people like you and me, and the reason also let OP to find out more easily.

cgjjaf

Jun 25, 2010
Firstly,thanks for Vorbeth's great work for CM9,it's wonderful ROM,I like it very much (esp. for [25 Mar] OpenSensation | CyanogenMod 9),unfortunately after fashing,my wifi can't connect the internet anyway,at last,I found a very simple way to let it work,just change the two files, one is \etc\wifi\wpa_supplicant.conf,another is \bin\wpa_supplicant,the two files I draged from lastest ROM-ARHD6.5.3,he he,flash into CM9 rom,it really works,if you have the same problem,you can try the ZIP attachment,just flash it without wipe anything,good luck!
View attachment 968064
pekaka,

Thanks for the fix, it works great. I hope you don't mind, I put a link this is post/fix in the Virtuous Inquisition thread. A lot of us have been trying to get a fix for this problem.

2g11

Nov 24, 2011
Accra
@pekaka Can you please describe your wifi bug? Mine just gets stuck on 'Turning on Wi-Fi...' and simply does not detect any networks. After you exit the Wi-Fi screen and return back to it,the 'Turning on Wi-fi...' is gone,the toggle reads 'ON' but no networks detected!! I seem to be the only one with this bug so I need to look for a fix.Any help?

Sent from my Galaxy W running CM9 Alpha 2 with wifi bug

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    View attachment Fix_wifi_CM9_signed.zip
    still fix wifi problem on the lastest CM9 28 BUILD.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone