• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FIX][BOOT][LOGO][titan] Remove Unlocked Bootloader Warning

Search This thread

rafaelbrunner

Jan 13, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
Remove Unlocked Bootloader Warning - Moto G (2nd Gen)

Device Logo: Moto G (2nd Gen) "titan" - (Stock from XT1069)
Same as stock logo, from original firmware, Lollipop 5.0.2.

For those who have unlocked the bootloader from their Moto G (2nd Gen), and want to remove that awkward warning.
This is not the same as fix logo provided by MotoTools. This logo is extracted from Moto G (2nd Gen) stock firmware.

Stock Unlocked Bootloader Warning:
warning.png

After flashing this file, your new boot logo will be like:
boot.png

Instructions:
1. Download .bin file from link provided below.
2. Put in same folder as mfastboot files. (Download mfastboot from here.)
2. Flash logo.bin with fastboot.
Code:
mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin

DOWNLOAD LINK: Mega - logo.bin File

Last edited:

marcviado

Aug 7, 2010
Las Vegas
im guessing there is no way of getting rid of the "warning unlock bootloader" sign? before i relocked my bootloader i flashed the remove unlock bootloader warning.zip file and it worked,but after i relocked my bootloader the warning sign popped up again..

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
Notice: Improvements to 10 Post Rule
A New Q & A thread has been created in the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Sub-Forum, for This Topic.
New Discussion and Q & A Tabs have also been created, located just under threads Title when viewing in a Browser.
Posts from members with less than 10 posts will automatically be posted in the new Q & A thread.
Please check it out, and see if you can help out someone with a question about this Topic.
For more about this new feature see: Improvements to 10 Post Rule

lesiki

Oct 10, 2011
Frankfurt
Quick question: What if my "bootloader unlock" warning is blue, not red? I remember it being red on my Moto X 2013, but on the Moto G 2014 it's blue. Does it symbolize something?

rafaelbrunner

Jan 13, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
@rafaelbrunner Did you tweak the bootlogo or did you simply extract the original non-unlocked bootlogo? If you tweaked the files yourself, what about doing a darker version? Rebooting in the night is a pain.

I only removed the Unlocked Warning from the default logo.
In fact, you can use any logo you want...

Below, I made you the M boot logo with a black background... Give it a try:
http://www.tusfiles.net/lrc2jmasje2y - .bin (flash with fastboot)
http://www.tusfiles.net/ko07eaarchb6 - .zip (flash with TWRP/CWM)

Last edited:
Reactions: lesiki

lesiki

Oct 10, 2011
Frankfurt
Below, I made you the M boot logo with a black background.

Thanks! I'd love to try it, but unfortunately the website keeps trying to download an .exe file.
Not that I'm concerned, that virus won't run on my Linux machine anyways. But could you upload the file somewhere else, like MEGA or Google Drive?

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Edit: Managed to download the file now, nevertheless I'd recommend using a better file hoster next time. We don't want to spread malware on XDA, do we?

lesiki

Oct 10, 2011
Frankfurt
Edit: Thanks, nice boot logo! There's a small red border around the M, do you think you can fix that?
Also, include the logo into your OP, I am sure many people would prefer a dark one over a white one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Remove Unlocked Bootloader Warning - Moto G (2nd Gen)

Device Logo: Moto G (2nd Gen) "titan" - (Stock from XT1069)
    Same as stock logo, from original firmware, Lollipop 5.0.2.

For those who have unlocked the bootloader from their Moto G (2nd Gen), and want to remove that awkward warning.
    This is not the same as fix logo provided by MotoTools. This logo is extracted from Moto G (2nd Gen) stock firmware.

Stock Unlocked Bootloader Warning:
    warning.png

After flashing this file, your new boot logo will be like:
    boot.png

Instructions:
    1. Download .bin file from link provided below.
    2. Put in same folder as mfastboot files. (Download mfastboot from here.)
    2. Flash logo.bin with fastboot.
    Code:
    mfastboot.exe flash logo logo.bin

DOWNLOAD LINK: Mega - logo.bin File

So, please, hit THANKS button, above! :good:
    I'm using Lollipop 5.01 on my Moto G 2ND gen and this doesn't seem to work for me. I tried it several times, it shows successful in the cmd windows, but the warning is still there. There's no reason why it shouldn't work in Lollipop is there?
    I finally decided to try it using the zip in recovery mode but after updating to Lollipop, I can't access recovery mode. I'm just getting a dead Android with a red triangle and exclamation point, but that's a different matter I'll work on later I guess.
    Thanks

Or you can flash TWRP recovery (via fastboot) and install the ZIP via TWRP,
    or you can download the ZIP file again, extract, and flash logo.bin via fastboot.

Tested here... Working with ALL Android versions... (4.4.4, 5.0, 5.0.1...)
    It works.
    Thanks ;)
    Well, I really doubt it could make any problems. This isn't any graphical modification, but just a replacing of the boot screen picture. I wouldn't worry about it.

tetakpatalked from my A0001-bacon

That's great! Thanks a lot for the helpful response. :)