[FIX] Broken cache partition / recovery ( Mobile ODIN, Triangle Away )

Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer -
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
If you're having problems with Mobile ODIN or Triangle Away - like getting stuck at the blue Android logo, your recovery getting broken, some cases of bootloops, etc - this is probably because your cache partition is broken. The old (before October 12, 2012) Chenglu root package you used broke it. Your cache partition will be about 10mb instead of 1.5gb.

Attached is a ZIP file containing a TAR file you should flash with (desktop) ODIN as PDA, that fixes your cache partition ( 10mb --> 1.5gb ) and restores stock recovery. After flashing, you will probably automatically boot into recovery, at which point pressing the power button should boot you back into normal Android.

After this, Mobile ODIN and Triangle Away should be working properly again. You can flash a different recovery (like CWM or whatnot) again now, but beware, the process might break your cache partition again !

Attachments

• recovery-cache-fix.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 40,442
Last edited:

nikos523

May 6, 2011
How we determine the problem?
By checking the /cache partition size? (i have ~25mb used and 1.29gb free)
I want to flash the fix just for the stock recovery cause i have no idea what recovery I have.
Wipe is recommended?

Reactions: Chenglu

Chenglu

Oct 21, 2010
666w.com
If you're having problems with Mobile ODIN or Triangle Away - like getting stuck at the blue Android logo, your recovery getting broken, some cases of bootloops, etc - this is probably because your cache partition is broken. The root package you used broke it.

Attached is a ZIP file containing a TAR file you should flash with (desktop) ODIN as PDA, that fixes your cache partition ( 10mb --> 1.5gb ) and restores stock recovery. After flashing, you will probably automatically boot into recovery, at which point pressing the power button should boot you back into normal Android.

After this, Mobile ODIN and Triangle Away should be working properly again. You can flash a different recovery (like CWM or whatnot) again now, but beware, the process might break your cache partition again !

Please forgive my careless, I really have tested.
wipe cache After this,I could not find this error.
I am very sorry.

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

How we determine the problem?
By checking the /cache partition size? (i have ~25mb used and 1.29gb free)
I want to flash the fix just for the stock recovery cause i have no idea what recovery I have.
Wipe is recommended?

If you not used "cwm6-root-note2.tar" file,not this problem.
If you cache partition size wrong, reboot into recovery do "wipe cache" can solve this problem.
I am very sorry.

nikos523

May 6, 2011
If you not used "cwm6-root-note2.tar" file,not this problem.
If you cache partition size wrong, reboot into recovery do "wipe cache" can solve this problem.
I am very sorry.

I used your recovery, then the other one that dr.ketan posted (stock? Dunno..)
I wiped after that and my cache is 1.3gb

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Chenglu

chenax

Jul 5, 2010
Can this file fix Bootloader issue?

Attachments

• BootError.jpg
    BootError.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 3,131

Tubgirl

Nov 5, 2009
Cf root and my note 2 will be superior :) damn missing Chainfire support for note 2 :/
What do you call this thread created by Chainfire then? He's already supporting by including N2 in Triangle Away and now this FIX.
Just be patient about CF Root... I'm sure he's working on it. :fingers-crossed:

A.S._id

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2010
excuse me, where we can check cache partition size?:)

good question! If you use ext4_utils, take the contents of the stock cache.img, put it in an empty folder, and build a new image to this size (1434451968B)
, the resulting compare the stock image...
All is easy :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Onepagebook

Pinnacle74

Aug 17, 2009
Stockholm
Will it work to check the cache size with for instance Root Explorer?

Below is a screenshot of my cache, should I flash the fix or am I good?

tegehyjy.jpg

Sent from my totally awesome GNote II

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Something strange.....Flashed CF cache fix (didnt have cache break but tested if the fix can fix the "power reset or unknown upload mode" ) and after reboot i have back few applications like music hub,learning hub,google play music,google play books (applications uninstalled with TB before flashing the fix). Deleted them again ,reboot the phone (fine, no extra application back)
Then reboot to stock recovery and after boot back to UI removed applications are back :confused:
Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're having problems with Mobile ODIN or Triangle Away - like getting stuck at the blue Android logo, your recovery getting broken, some cases of bootloops, etc - this is probably because your cache partition is broken. The old (before October 12, 2012) Chenglu root package you used broke it. Your cache partition will be about 10mb instead of 1.5gb.

Finally. Some normality returns.

Thank you.
    i dont know if you guys know this but with the new odin 3.07 there is a option to erase nand, i than this allready 3 times and every times it worked perfect..
    first get a stock rom ,
    open up odin check erase nand
    load your original stock rom.
    flash rom to phone
    after rom finish flashing go directly to clockwork recovery
    do a factory reset there and clear cache
    reboot phone..
    your phone will now boot up fine...

you will see everything has put back to samsung default factory to reset the counter use triangle away..

dont forget after flashing the rom to go to recovery otherwise your phone wont boot up..
    Can this be fixed by wiping cache, or do we need to run this fix THEN wipe cache?

My cache is only 6MB or so right now.
    Wipe cache can be solved,Do not need to flash this fix.
    Cf root and my note 2 will be superior :) damn missing Chainfire support for note 2 :/
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone