[FIX] Camera green tint HTC One

Search This thread

gustav30

Jul 20, 2010
LG G8X ThinQ
Best way to tell us take pictures in auto mode. Then take same picture in night mode. Compare the color accuracy. I had found auto mode produced some green tint, while night mode would produce accurate colors.

Reactions: Osama Zabin

the playa!

Mar 18, 2012
Somerset
Best way to tell us take pictures in auto mode. Then take same picture in night mode. Compare the color accuracy. I had found auto mode produced some green tint, while night mode would produce accurate colors.

Well I guess there is green tint then. :/ This is taken from auto mode.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1434204714512.jpg
    1434204714512.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 354

gustav30

Jul 20, 2010
LG G8X ThinQ
I had found any other setting than auto produced results with less green tint. Even choosing Portrait or Landscape would reduce the green tint considerably. I basically made Night mode a custom camera and set it to default. So any time I opened camera it would default to night mode.

the playa!

Mar 18, 2012
Somerset
I had found any other setting than auto produced results with less green tint. Even choosing Portrait or Landscape would reduce the green tint considerably. I basically made Night mode a custom camera and set it to default. So any time I opened camera it would default to night mode.

How do you save/open/set to default a custom camera?

bastaz

Dec 17, 2008
Wrocław
My camera fixed. A little bit annoying with copying the file after every reset.
I had no problems copying the file with S-ON. My One is only unlocked by HTCdev with root, and custom rom and kernel.

Sirt

Sep 15, 2010
My camera fixed. A little bit annoying with copying the file after every reset.
I had no problems copying the file with S-ON. My One is only unlocked by HTCdev with root, and custom rom and kernel.

Which ROM and kernel are you using? I am now on S-ON custom 5.1 GPE rom but I'm unable to replace the awb_cal file...

D

Deleted member 4362739

Thanks! Attached is my init.d script that copies it over on boot.

1. In the last line, change the location of the M8 awb_cal file from /system/etc/awb_cal to wherever you put it
2. Remove the .txt extension from the filename and place it in the /system/etc/init.d folder

Optional steps
3. Script permissions should be rwxr-xr-x. In ARHD, this is automatically done on boot
4. I didn't need to set permissions on /sys, but remove the # at the front of the third last line if you need to

Things to note:
- I am running S-OFF, ARHD 71.1 and ElementalX, which means I have busybox installed and who knows what else write permissions
- The script just automates the manual steps and performs it at boot. If the manual steps aren't working for you, I don't know if this script will help
- I'm utterly confused why going SuperCID would solve the permission problem, but OK

Thanks so much - this combined with the awb_cal did the trick. Worked perfectly the first time. (Note I am S-OFF and rooted)

D

Deleted member 3550812

Thanks so much - this combined with the awb_cal did the trick. Worked perfectly the first time. (Note I am S-OFF and rooted)

I have a question. The awb_cal file that I downloaded is located in my Download folder.

So should I edit the script to say;

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# ====================================
# init.d script for camera green tint fix 

#chmod 777 /sys
chmod 660 /sys/android_camera_awb_cal/awb_cal
cp /storage/emulated/0/Download/ /sys/android_camera_awb_cal/awb_cal

Or should I make it;

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# init.d script for camera green tint fix 

#chmod 777 /sys
chmod 660 /sys/android_camera_awb_cal/awb_cal
cp /sdcard/Download/ /sys/android_camera_awb_cal/awb_cal

ira93

Apr 12, 2014
I have two HTC one m7. First is dual sim and he dont have a problem with green.
Can i use from Dual Sim file to Htc one m7? Both have omnivision cameras. Can anyone help to me to permanent fix for green tint step by step?
Best regards

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anybody with a green tinted OV4688 camera - this is how to fix it:

ROOT + S-OFF needed (some even have permission problems with this setup, if that's the case try custom kernel like Elementalx, setting superCID or installing busybox)

1. Grab the below awb cal file from M8:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/is96whezfpj5jz4/awb_cal

2. In ES file explorer enable root browsing, then set permissions of /sys folder and /sys/android_camera_awb_cal/awb_cal file to write

3. Replace the file (OVERWRITE, not delete and then paste) , force stop camera, clear data, cache and done!

Important: whenever you reboot this has to done as the file gets then overwritten by the kernel at boot

*UPDATE* There's a permanent fix available overcoming the reboot overwrite, you can find it later in this thread

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
    Thanks! Attached is my init.d script that copies it over on boot.

1. In the last line, change the location of the M8 awb_cal file from /system/etc/awb_cal to wherever you put it
    2. Remove the .txt extension from the filename and place it in the /system/etc/init.d folder

Optional steps
    3. Script permissions should be rwxr-xr-x. In ARHD, this is automatically done on boot
    4. I didn't need to set permissions on /sys, but remove the # at the front of the third last line if you need to

Things to note:
    - I am running S-OFF, ARHD 71.1 and ElementalX, which means I have busybox installed and who knows what else write permissions
    - The script just automates the manual steps and performs it at boot. If the manual steps aren't working for you, I don't know if this script will help
    - I'm utterly confused why going SuperCID would solve the permission problem, but OK
    Possibly it will be 4.4.3, as far as I know HTC will skip the 4.4.4 update and will implement any fixes in the 4.4.3. However I'm waiting for an official word on the tint issue before I announce it here.
    Ok guys it's official. HTC Greece just informed me they are aware of the green tint issue in omnivision sensors, it is indeed a software/calibration issue and they plan to fix it with an upcoming software update. They weren't specific enough to mention if it will be a simple OTA patch or if it will be implemented in the 4.4.3 update but the point is this: they know about it and they are going to fix it soon :)
    Ok guys it's official. HTC Greece just informed me they are aware of the green tint issue in omnivision sensors, it is indeed a software/calibration issue and they plan to fix it with an upcoming software update. They weren't specific enough to mention if it will be a simple OTA patch or if it will be implemented in the 4.4.3 update but the point is this: they know about it and they are going to fix it soon :)

The 4.4.3 update seemed to slightly fix the Green tint issue. From my eyes, i noticed that green tinting is not as prominent but comparing to the XDA fix of using AWB_CAL file from M8, I still think the XDA fix works much better, the white is more accurate comparing to this update which has a colder tone.