[FIX][CWR ZIP] Stuck in Clockwork after performing factory reset?

Search This thread

rybussell

Nov 27, 2011
i get status 0 error with cwm. using lg optimus net p690.... i couldn't find anything specific to this device... so tried yours... but i get status 0 installation aborted..... pls help

Sounds like it could be a bad version of CWM or the wrong version of CWM.. Status error 0 is usually an updater script error...

Your best luck is to find a more active phone though.. I don't know but maybe two or three people that even post under the Revolution anymore...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it seems that somehow some people are getting stuck in Clockwork after performing a factory reset...

I'm not sure what's causing it when triggered from within Clockwork, but I do know what's happening when triggered from within Android.

Either way, here's the fix.

What is this?
    A Clockwork flashable .zip file that will fix your "phone only boots to clockwork" problems.

Instructions
    Download this .zip to your SD card, boot to clockwork (ha!), and select "Install zip from SD card" and select this zip file.

Technical Information
    The LG Revolution's bootloader is strange.
    Partition 8 (mmcblk0p8) is the MISC partition on this device, and the first hundred bytes is the "bootloader command" block. This is where the bootloader communicates with Android or Recovery, to tell it to do things like "reboot-recovery" or "apply OTA". That's all standard stuff.

However, a few hundred bytes later is a strange flag- "FACT_RESET_6".
    There seem to be a few different values that this is set to during different stages of the phone's operating and reset procedures.
    "FACT_RESET_3" seems to be what Android sets when the phone requires a "Master Clear" (i.e. selecting "Clear device" from within Android)

Another flag I've seen references to is "LGE_TEST". No idea what that does, but I'm thinking it may be something like an engineering flag to allow access to fastboot and whatnot. I'm not going to be the first to set my flag to that until I understand completely what it does.
    Here's a link to my copy.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
    I really have to hit the sack, but if you meet me on irc (irc.freenode.net) in #lgrevolution within the next few minutes, I can fix it
    Yes i do, just let me know the steps

1) put exitrecovery.zip in same folder as adb

2) open command prompt and go to folder with adb and zip

3) use this command without quotes "adb push exitrecovery.zip /sdcard/exitrecovery.zip"

4) then go to install zip from sdcard and exitrecovery.zip should be there!

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium
    Here's a link to my copy.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Worked perfect Bait, Thank You for having the box account and Thank You Cubed for the fix. Worked like a charm. Im back in...