[FIX] DM-Verity Warning (no flashing required)

th3g1z

Mar 29, 2011
Hey all, I think many of you have already seen my post in the other thread, but in an effort to make it more visible to anyone that didn't see it and to new users, here it is again.

If a mod wants to make it a sticky, feel free.

Make sure you have fastboot working properly in your environment.

Code:
fastboot oem disable_dm_verity
fastboot oem enable_dm_verity
TWRP was already installed, and dm-verity had been tripped at some point. After poking around the firmware, I discovered there are these commands.. after both, the warning is gone - didn't need to flash any firmware.

Here is a link to my original post in the other thread, replies following that have confirmation. Some folks have mentioned using only the enable command alone worked for them, but I haven't tried that myself. Also some oneplus 3 users have confirmed it works there as well.

** And the usual disclaimer.. I'm not responsible for any damage, issues, or your phone attacking you in your sleep due to the information I have provided **

Last edited:

CraigUK87

Mar 29, 2011
Amesbury
Hey all, I think many/most of you have already seen my post in the other thread, but in an effort to make it more visible to anyone that didn't see it and to new users, here it is again.

TWRP was already installed, and dm-verity had been tripped at some point. After poking around the firmware, I discovered there are these commands.. after both, the warning is gone - didn't need to flash any firmware.

Here is a link to my original post in the other thread, replies following that have confirmation. Some folks have mentioned using only the enable command alone worked for them, but I haven't tried that myself. Also some oneplus 3 users have confirmed it works there as well.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70698410&postcount=112

And the usual disclaimer.. I'm not responsible for any damage, issues, or your phone attacking you in your sleep due to the information I have provided.

Worked a treat. Brilliant :) now we just need a way to remove the bootloader message and bobs your uncle.

Jul 21, 2011
Some commands which I found from aboot.img.

Code:
oem boot_mode rf/wlan/ftm/normal
oem console
oem unconsole
oem dump
oem kmemleak detect
oem kmemleak undetect
oem reboot-shutdown
oem reboot-bootloader
oem boot_mode 
oem disable_dm_verity  
oem enable_dm_verity  
oem force_training  
oem unforce_training  
oem datafs
oem unlock
oem lock  
flashing unlock
flashing lock 
flashing lock_critical 
flashing unlock_critical 
flashing get_unlock_ability
oem device-info preflash  
oem enable-charger-screen  
oem disable-charger-screen  
oem off-mode-charge
oem select-display-panel 
oem run-tests

Dump --->
Code:
aboot.img:    OEM panel override:%s
aboot.img:    OEM ID: 0x%x
aboot.img:    Verified boot.img with oem keystore
aboot.img:    Verification with oem keystore failed. Use embedded certificate for verification
aboot.img: If you don't want to see this screen, please lock your device by "fastboot oem lock" and erase userdata.
aboot.img:   androidboot.ftm_mode=ftm_at ftm_console_silent  androidboot.ftm_mode=ftm_wlan   androidboot.ftm_mode=ftm_mos    androidboot.ftm_mode=ftm_rf     androidboot.ftm_mode=ftm_recovery  mos fastboot    add_pcba_number_cmdline add_console_cmdline add_rf_version_cmdline  add_project_name_cmdline    add_oem_dm_verity_cmdline_len   add_battery_absent_cmdline  add_reboot_mode_cmdline ˆ‘ ˆ‘(ˆ‘0ˆ‘4ˆ‘8ˆ‘Lˆ‘Tˆ‘`ˆ‘`ˆ‘`ˆ‘lˆ‘tˆ‘xˆ‘€ˆ‘ˆˆ‘add_pwron_reason_cmdline    add_ddr_info_cmdline    add_oem_angela_cmdline_len  add_battery_absent_cmdline_len  add_kmemleak_cmdline    add_oem_secboot_cmdline_len add_rpmb_enable_status_cmdline_len  ˆ‘œˆ‘Ü{ˆ‘¤ˆ‘¬ˆ‘´ˆ‘¼ˆ‘ȍˆ‘add_pwron_reason_cmdline_len    add_rpmb_enable_status_cmdline  add_hw_version_cmdline_len  add_hw_version_cmdline  add_oem_angela_cmdline  add_oem_secboot_cmdline add_selinux_cmdline_len add_reboot_mode_cmdline_len add_selinux_cmdline add_oem_dm_verity_cmdline   add_rf_version_cmdline_len  userdata fs type: %s    enable force training
aboot.img: Kmemleak detect close default   Kmemleak detect open    Use 'fastboot oem boot_mode rf/wlan/ftm/normal' unlock device to dump keystore  Dump partition: %s  Partition table doesn't exist
aboot.img: platform/oneplus/op_cmdline.c   dumpaddr    failed to dump partition    %02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X    partition table doesn't exist   unknown partition name  oem console oem unconsole   oem dump    oem kmemleak detect oem kmemleak undetect   oem reboot-shutdown oem reboot-bootloader   oem boot_mode   oem disable_dm_verity   oem enable_dm_verity    oem force_training  oem unforce_training    oem datafs  COLD    WARM     androidboot.startupmode=pwrkey  androidboot.startupmode=usb_charger     androidboot.startupmode=dc_charger  androidboot.startupmode=rtc     androidboot.startupmode=unknow  androidboot.startupmode=pon1    androidboot.startupmode=hard_reset  androidboot.startupmode=SMPL   true    false   %s: enter. cmdline_len=%d
aboot.img:  unlocked!   locked! 	Device already : %s    oem unlock is not allowed   yes recoveryfs   androidboot.bootdevice=    app/aboot/aboot.c   boot_dev_buf     androidboot.serialno=   androidboot.verifiedbootstate= Devinfo paritition possibly corrupted!!!. Please erase devinfo partition to continue booting
aboot.img:    oem_project_name    product serialno    Invalid partition index
aboot.img:   flash:  erase:  continue    oem unlock  oem lock    flashing unlock flashing lock   flashing lock_critical  flashing unlock_critical    flashing get_unlock_ability oem device-info preflash    oem enable-charger-screen   oem disable-charger-screen  oem off-mode-charge oem select-display-panel    oem run-tests   sbl sdi xbl hyp pmic    green   orange  yellow  red logging enforcing   boot_linux_from_flash   :ÿ&í        p=c        ÁÊ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        õò  	         	             p=c     H1  1        8      H1            
aboot.img:   ffbm-   cmd_oem_runtests    Running LK tests ...
Have fun.

I'm not responsible for any bricked devices :)

~LampunVarjostin

Last edited:

brmbjn

Mar 17, 2015
Bojonegoro
Hey all, I think many of you have already seen my post in the other thread, but in an effort to make it more visible to anyone that didn't see it and to new users, here it is again.

** And the usual disclaimer.. I'm not responsible for any damage, issues, or your phone attacking you in your sleep due to the information I have provided **
Is it work for rooted ob 2?

ClassicGamer

Dec 28, 2016
Thanks

Code:

It Worked On My 3T. Thanks Mate

zainifame

Aug 26, 2015
Bandar Lampung
Some commands which I found from aboot.img.

Code:
oem boot_mode rf/wlan/ftm/normal
oem console
oem unconsole
oem dump
oem kmemleak detect
oem kmemleak undetect
oem reboot-shutdown
oem reboot-bootloader
oem boot_mode 
oem disable_dm_verity  
oem enable_dm_verity  
oem force_training  
oem unforce_training  
oem datafs
oem unlock
oem lock  
flashing unlock
flashing lock 
flashing lock_critical 
flashing unlock_critical 
flashing get_unlock_ability
oem device-info preflash  
oem enable-charger-screen  
oem disable-charger-screen  
oem off-mode-charge
oem select-display-panel 
oem run-tests

Dump --->
Code:
aboot.img:    OEM panel override:%s
aboot.img:    OEM ID: 0x%x
aboot.img:    Verified boot.img with oem keystore
aboot.img:    Verification with oem keystore failed. Use embedded certificate for verification
aboot.img: If you don't want to see this screen, please lock your device by "fastboot oem lock" and erase userdata.
aboot.img:   androidboot.ftm_mode=ftm_at ftm_console_silent  androidboot.ftm_mode=ftm_wlan   androidboot.ftm_mode=ftm_mos    androidboot.ftm_mode=ftm_rf     androidboot.ftm_mode=ftm_recovery  mos fastboot    add_pcba_number_cmdline add_console_cmdline add_rf_version_cmdline  add_project_name_cmdline    add_oem_dm_verity_cmdline_len   add_battery_absent_cmdline  add_reboot_mode_cmdline ˆ‘ ˆ‘(ˆ‘0ˆ‘4ˆ‘8ˆ‘Lˆ‘Tˆ‘`ˆ‘`ˆ‘`ˆ‘lˆ‘tˆ‘xˆ‘€ˆ‘ˆˆ‘add_pwron_reason_cmdline    add_ddr_info_cmdline    add_oem_angela_cmdline_len  add_battery_absent_cmdline_len  add_kmemleak_cmdline    add_oem_secboot_cmdline_len add_rpmb_enable_status_cmdline_len  ˆ‘œˆ‘Ü{ˆ‘¤ˆ‘¬ˆ‘´ˆ‘¼ˆ‘ȍˆ‘add_pwron_reason_cmdline_len    add_rpmb_enable_status_cmdline  add_hw_version_cmdline_len  add_hw_version_cmdline  add_oem_angela_cmdline  add_oem_secboot_cmdline add_selinux_cmdline_len add_reboot_mode_cmdline_len add_selinux_cmdline add_oem_dm_verity_cmdline   add_rf_version_cmdline_len  userdata fs type: %s    enable force training
aboot.img: Kmemleak detect close default   Kmemleak detect open    Use 'fastboot oem boot_mode rf/wlan/ftm/normal' unlock device to dump keystore  Dump partition: %s  Partition table doesn't exist
aboot.img: platform/oneplus/op_cmdline.c   dumpaddr    failed to dump partition    %02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X%02X    partition table doesn't exist   unknown partition name  oem console oem unconsole   oem dump    oem kmemleak detect oem kmemleak undetect   oem reboot-shutdown oem reboot-bootloader   oem boot_mode   oem disable_dm_verity   oem enable_dm_verity    oem force_training  oem unforce_training    oem datafs  COLD    WARM     androidboot.startupmode=pwrkey  androidboot.startupmode=usb_charger     androidboot.startupmode=dc_charger  androidboot.startupmode=rtc     androidboot.startupmode=unknow  androidboot.startupmode=pon1    androidboot.startupmode=hard_reset  androidboot.startupmode=SMPL   true    false   %s: enter. cmdline_len=%d
aboot.img:  unlocked!   locked! 	Device already : %s    oem unlock is not allowed   yes recoveryfs   androidboot.bootdevice=    app/aboot/aboot.c   boot_dev_buf     androidboot.serialno=   androidboot.verifiedbootstate= Devinfo paritition possibly corrupted!!!. Please erase devinfo partition to continue booting
aboot.img:    oem_project_name    product serialno    Invalid partition index
aboot.img:   flash:  erase:  continue    oem unlock  oem lock    flashing unlock flashing lock   flashing lock_critical  flashing unlock_critical    flashing get_unlock_ability oem device-info preflash    oem enable-charger-screen   oem disable-charger-screen  oem off-mode-charge oem select-display-panel    oem run-tests   sbl sdi xbl hyp pmic    green   orange  yellow  red logging enforcing   boot_linux_from_flash   :ÿ&í        p=c        ÁÊ                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        õò  	         	             p=c     H1  1        8      H1            
aboot.img:   ffbm-   cmd_oem_runtests    Running LK tests ...
Have fun.

I'm not responsible for any bricked devices :)

~LampunVarjostin
how to get that's all list command?