[FIX] Fix "bricked" HD2\Leo; 1e FATAL HIT

nikhil711

Jun 23, 2007
Dallas
Hey sorry guys I've been away for a while. I'm glad alot of you were able to get it resolved and you can thank me by linking this page to those in need and +1 it. To those that did not get it to work, unfortunately there are quite a few variables that I never really explored. One major one being possible NAND corruption beyond recovery.

I have researched it quite a bit and it seems when going through this whole Rooting/MAGLDR/Recovery process, there are some points where NAND blocks begin to go bad. When performing a phone wipe (whether it be Task29 or a manual process), its possible that some of those bad NAND blocks are never read after the wipe, skewing the number of blocks available and blocks bad. This causes the phone to become fully inoperable over time. There might be a way to completely reset it, but I am not experienced enough to know if its just a software issue, or if its possible damaged hardware.

Other than that I really have no idea why some aren't able to fix it, but best of luck to all of you. I ended up retiring my HD2 and went with the Galaxy Nexus. Although I'll miss the HD2, I think I've had my fill of rooting phones for now and really cant beat the pure Android experience.

nikhil711

Jun 23, 2007
Dallas
do you mean you turn the phone on with the reset button or the power button
Hold the reset button in with a toothpick or similar item, THEN hold down the power button to turn it on. Once on, release the power button but do not release the reset button for another 10 seconds. Wait for the first automatic reboot and it should boot into WinMo 6.5.

thuandiennang

Aug 16, 2011
Hà Nội
hd2-t-mobile "1E FATAL HIT" magldr

--> Grab a paperclip or toothpick. Turn on the phone as you push the reset button in. The phone should turn on and show the splash screen, then turn off, then turn back on again! -> ok
thanks...

HTC HD2 T-Mobile
rom android ics 4.0.4

centralman

Jul 16, 2006
Could someone kind enough to explain how to flash a ROM via the SD Card please? When I try flashing a stock ROM from windows, it always says the HD2 is not connected to the computer through USB but the HD2 itself on the white area already said it's in USB mode, thanks.

By the way, my HD2 was flashed to Android ROM before and it had a startup " 1e FATAL HIT" problem.

I have successfully flashed task 29. Now my next step is to flash the stock rom, and since my computer's hard drive went dead a few months ago I have lost all my "tools" that I downloaded when flashing the HD2 from WINMO to Android.

Looks like the desktop somehow doesn't connect to the HD2 after the task29 flash. On the bootloader screen it says

PB81100 HX-BC
SPL-2.08.HSPL 8G XE
0x05
CotullaHSPL 0x40

Much appreciated for any help.

Last edited:

bart111

Feb 23, 2009
Your are the best!!!! it workeddd

In my case i needed to turn on + reset a couple times. after that only the HTC logo appears.
waited about 5 minutes and whooopp windows 6.5 was back :D

Then i did the process from the beginning, wipe,hspl,radio,magldr and recovery.
when i booted into recovery magldr gets stuck on GO GO GO!

solution: just pushed the three pins from the battery and it was loading again!
(founded on the forum after searching a long time, I post it again so that maybe the next person with this problem finds the solution faster)

Greats.

Last edited:

nikhil711

Jun 23, 2007
Dallas
Sorry for the late response. Not sure why you aren't able to get it to work. I would suggest reading through the first page again and making sure you didnt skip any steps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

nikhil711

Jun 23, 2007
Dallas
Doesn't work on HD2 T8585..,
Phone just stuck on splash screen / HTC logo
Sorry for the late response. Not sure why you aren't able to get it to work. I would suggest reading through the first page again and making sure you didnt skip any steps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

stevo1989

Jan 29, 2013
Try the simple stuff first

I also own an HTC HD2, all I did was hit the yellow reset button on the right of my micro SD slot and boom that baby was back in business.

Before you go trying to flash and boot other software, just try resetting or turning your device and off. Simple, but sometimes it works.

Although, it might be smart to save some money just in case nothing works and go the legit route.

So I hope this helps those that have a "bricked" HD2. Two weeks ago I had the dreaded "1e Fatal Hit" error. No matter what I did I could not get it back into working state. Here are the steps I took:

1) Flashed Task29
2) Reflashed HSPL 2.08
3) Flashed Radio 2.15
4) Flashed MAGLDR
5) Flashed latest Recovery

I did those steps multiple times, and at times using Task29 a couple of times in a row, and still would get the "1e Fatal Hit" error. Then I:

1) Flashed Task29
2) Flashed a STOCK ROM using both the SD card and Windows method (mine is a TMOUS HD2 so I flashed the appropriate ROM for it)

And still, the phone would stick on the "Sticking Together" splash screen.

Finally this is what I figured out. There is a small yellow button below the microSD card slot that is a reset button. So this is what I did:

1) Flashed Task29

2) Flashed a STOCK ROM for the HD2 (remember has to be a ROM meant for your version of the HD2/Leo). I flashed via the SD card method. Flashing via Windows might work as well.

3) After it finishes flashing, turn the phone off. Grab a paperclip or toothpick. Turn on the phone as you push the reset button in. The phone should turn on and show the splash screen, then turn off, then turn back on again. I let the phone do this two or three times before releasing. After a period of slience for 20 seconds, the phone finally booted into WinMo 6.5's startup screen.

I was then able to flash with Task29, then HSPL, then Radio, then MAGLDR, then Recovery. And the first test was booting into Recovery which finally worked, then tested with a ROM backup.

Anyways hope this helps those pulling their hair out trying to figure this out.

josephh71

Nov 18, 2012
Chicago
1E Fatal

I completed all of the steps but while holding in the reset button for 30 or more seconds the phone never shut off and on like yours. When I get to the AD Recovery it starts and gives me the 1E fatal error again