[Fix] Fix for VOIP calling on lollipop roms where microphone doesnt work

Search This thread

marcelol151

Dec 22, 2014
*Only tested on D855 so I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your device after this.*

I installed Cyanogenmod 12 on my D855 but noticed that the microphone would not work with VOIP applications. I looked into this and found a fix which is pretty simple as it only involves changing the build.prop.

Procedure
1. Using a File Explorer that will allow you to access root files, find the build.prop file in the "system" folder
2. Backup your build.prop by adding .bak onto the end of the filename (just to be sure :D )
3. Using a text editor, change the line use.dedicated.device.for.voip=true to use.dedicated.device.for.voip=false
4. After you have edited the build.prop as above, restart the device. Changes should take effect.
5. The microphone should have access to VOIP apps now.

I was struggling to find this for a few hours. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, please write them down below. If it worked, say thanks.

Merry Christmas :p:):D:cool:

Last edited:

kroonys3

Mar 5, 2014
Thankyou! I was just about to start looking into the VoIP issue then saw your post. Very happy I have VoIP now for Christmas calls.

Do you mind if I link this to the D855 cm12 development thread?

marcelol151

Dec 22, 2014
Thankyou! I was just about to start looking into the VoIP issue then saw your post. Very happy I have VoIP now for Christmas calls.

Yes of course you can link it, I am new here so I couldnt post it on any popular or relevant thread in regards to G3 Development. If you could give credit when sharing it would be great. Thanks :)

Reactions: kroonys3

mahdik.m

Jan 25, 2014
*Only tested on D855 so I take no responsibility for anything that happens to your device after this.*

I installed Cyanogenmod 12 on my D855 but noticed that the microphone would not work with VOIP applications. I looked into this and found a fix which is pretty simple as it only involves changing the build.prop.

Procedure
1. Using a File Explorer that will allow you to access root files, find the build.prop file in the "system" folder
2. Backup your build.prop by adding .bak onto the end of the filename (just to be sure :D )
3. Using a text editor, change the line use.dedicated.device.for.voip=true to use.dedicated.device.for.voip=false
4. After you have edited the build.prop as above, restart the device. Changes should take effect.

I was struggling to find this for a few hours. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, please write them down below. If it worked, say thanks.

I Cant Find this string in my build.prop . my phone is samsung s3 mini running lolipop 5.0.2

sumit227

Dec 28, 2013
New Delhi

Procedure

Hey I tried this method now when I receive call it works but when I call to someone no voice recived for both side..any solution?

leorod199

Jul 12, 2013
Change True to false(PCM. Voip...)
2b429bd9fd35c9125b7dc289a8dac5f2.jpg
working here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Procedure

Yes of course you can link it, I am new here so I couldnt post it on any popular or relevant thread in regards to G3 Development. If you could give credit when sharing it would be great. Thanks :)