Fix For ANNOYING Device Hardware ID Missing

Search This thread

Alex Ethridge

Sep 11, 2012
Pardon my ignorance; I know very little about this.

Might this procedure and recommended files/drivers work with the Galaxy Note SGH-T879. This is the first Note release from TMobile and it is not the Note II.

trunkmonkey1972

Nov 10, 2012
Pardon my ignorance; I know very little about this.

Might this procedure and recommended files/drivers work with the Galaxy Note SGH-T879. This is the first Note release from TMobile and it is not the Note II.
Possibly. I know Keis is set up to detect your device. Even if there is a Note-only version on the samsung site, it probably functions much the same as far as the detection piece goes. I think all of this is moot now with updates to Keis solving the problem. Did you encounter this issue recently?

mv1609

Mar 26, 2011
Grrrrrr!! Now content...

Tried this method several times... Cleaning Drivers..... Rebooting... Cleaning......

Does not work. However the Samsung Drivers1_4_6_0 drivers work WITHOUT Kies.
I have made the decision to STOP installing Kies and everything is now fine. If I need a file, I will drag and drop from windows from now on.

Hey!! No annoying Kies and NO MORE HARDWARE ID MISSING message.
;)

Reactions: CNexus

Not Yew

May 21, 2013
My solution

I maybe a little late but if you am having the issue I uninstalled the samsung mobile drivers in control panel and just plugged my s3 back into the computer and let the drivers reinstall themselves

nealecj954

Sep 30, 2012
I uninstalled Kies, then Samsung drivers, then ran a driver cleaner. Then did a disk cleanup, then a registry cleanup. Then rebooted, then installed the latest Samsung drivers. All is well. Phewww

xfilemanx

Jun 2, 2011
Kansas City
:good::good:
I just installed the latest drivers without Kies.......not sure why everyone thinks Kies is so important, but anyway....like the op said, the key is to make winblows install what you want and not what it finds out on some server some where....

thanx man....

OH and here's what I installed from samsungs site.

Code:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SPH-L710MBBSPR#

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    . Uninstall any previous instance of Kies/USB driver
    2. Download the latest Kies, specific to your S3.
    3. Download Samsung USB drivers 1.4.6.0 (I've tried newer versions but they all failed)
    4. REBOOT
    5. Disconnect from internet (VERY IMPORTANT!!! - forcing Windows to install local drivers ONLY)
    6. With the phone disconnected, install Kies + USB drivers downloaded in steps 2,3
    7. Connect the phone and let Windows install the drivers.
    8. Reestablish the internet connection.

KIES: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay0aroxd2wdrezc/KiesSetup.exe
    Samsung Drivers:https://www.dropbox.com/s/psldnrg39p...s_v1_4_6_0.exe

I do not take credit for this fix. I found it scouring various Windows 7 forums but IT DOES WORK!

Please give me some "Thanks" if this helped you.
    Was able to finally find the samsung 4.1.6.0 drivers

grab them from my DB HERE
    So before I did anything I launched Kies and plugged in my phone and it worked! I think I failed to do a restart after my final attempt at using the built in connection trouble shooter. So it appears that the November 17th update is now compatible. There is one problem I need to look into which is that my phone is not being recognized as a Samsung, even though the correct model number appears, so no firmware updating until that's fixed. But back up and syncing functions properly. One nice thing that is different than the last time I used Kies is that the phone remains fully functional during these processes, including copying files using Windows Explorer.

Anybody with sprint and jelly bean able to update firmware using Kies? It says my current firmware doesn’t have this function to use Kies to upgrade.

S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64
    There's no update that I need, just wondering why Kies is warning me that it doesn't recognize my phone as a Samsung or a phone which can receive updates via Kies. Anyone else getting this. Model # and firmware versions are all correct on the kies screen.

S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64
    Grrrrrr!! Now content...

Tried this method several times... Cleaning Drivers..... Rebooting... Cleaning......

Does not work. However the Samsung Drivers1_4_6_0 drivers work WITHOUT Kies.
    I have made the decision to STOP installing Kies and everything is now fine. If I need a file, I will drag and drop from windows from now on.

Hey!! No annoying Kies and NO MORE HARDWARE ID MISSING message.
    ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone