• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Fix: For AOD fingerprint reader and enabled animation scale in developer settings

Search This thread

lemonspeakerz

Nov 8, 2021
We all are aware that enabling faster animation under developer settings causes a glitch in the fingerprint reader in Always On Display where the fingerprint reader icon gets disabled.

Is there a fix for this yet?

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
We all are aware that enabling faster animation under developer settings causes a glitch in the fingerprint reader in Always On Display where the fingerprint reader icon gets disabled.

No, we are not all ware. I do not have any problems with my fingerprint reader when making animations faster.

It seems to be a bug that only affects a certain number of people.

lemonspeakerz

Nov 8, 2021
Yup, no issues here on .037.
I'm also on .037

I find this so strange. I've set my animation to anything other than 100 or 0, and afterwards, my AOD sometimes does not display the fingerprint logo for me to unlock the pixel 6 pro.

I'm then forced to press the power button to show the logo and proceed to unlock the phone.

Blitzz.666

Jan 10, 2018
I'm also on .037

I find this so strange. I've set my animation to anything other than 100 or 0, and afterwards, my AOD sometimes does not display the fingerprint logo for me to unlock the pixel 6 pro.

I'm then forced to press the power button to show the logo and proceed to unlock the phone.
Same thing here.
I went back to x1.0 animations and now everything is ok with fingerprint and AOD. it used to disappear, and I had to power on the screen to unlock it with fingerprint.
If this phone had a better battery consumption and face unlock, I would keep it for 5 more years... but like this, I'm changing to Xiaomi 12 as soon as it gets released.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, we are not all ware. I do not have any problems with my fingerprint reader when making animations faster.

It seems to be a bug that only affects a certain number of people.
    Has this been fixed with the December update?
    Yes. It has. But I'm not a fan of it since the update. The animation is sometimes choppy and it's very noticeable. I'm annoyed with it. The animation was not an issue prior to the update.