Fix For Broken Facebook Contact Pics In Google Voice ICS Leak Here.

Search This thread

troyboytn

Sep 21, 2009
Knoxville
You will need the three files attached to accomplish this. Very easy....

Step 1: extract facebook_photo_fix.sh from the zip and place it and sqlite3 and libncurses.so on your sd card

Step 2: Using Root Explorer, mount rw

Step 3: place the sqlite3 file in /system/xbin. Set permissions to rwxrwxrwx.

Step 4: place the libncurses.so file in /system/lib. Set permissions to rw-r-r.

Step 5: download script manager from the Play Store and open. Grant SU when prompted.

Step 6: scroll down til you find the facebook_photo_fix,sh file, click on it.

Step 7: on the next screen, click the Su box and then click run.

Step 8: after the script runs, reboot your phone and your facebook contact pics should now show up in Google Voice as well as 3rd party launchers and messaging apps

More information on the subject here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1570856

Attachments

• facebook_photo_fix1.zip
    539 bytes · Views: 1,058

Nathanation

Mar 22, 2011
Farnham
Thanks, I might try this soon, could someone make a flashable zip to do this??

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

Mikee4fun

Jun 2, 2004
California
www.mikee4fun.com
Should we do a wipe in google voice? I ran to the teeth and still do not get fb contact photos. Meh, wipe did not work either.

Attachments

• shot_000015.jpg
    shot_000015.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,289
Last edited:

troyboytn

Sep 21, 2009
Knoxville
4833fa88-d701-1e9e.jpg
4833fa88-d711-ed77.jpg
Should we do a wipe in google voice? I ran to the teeth and still do not get fb contact photos. Meh, wipe did not work either.

Try running the script again. If there is a line in the output that says trigger unrestrict_new_data already exists, the script ran correctly. Reboot again and see if that works. I didn't have to clear anything on GV. just rebooted and pics were there.

Last edited:

Mikee4fun

Jun 2, 2004
California
www.mikee4fun.com
Doh, I figured it out, I had the sql in the bin and not xbin. Had a late night. So they apprear in google voice, has anyone had success with the contacts showing up in the htc messages app?

LoL

Last edited:

strykerider

Feb 7, 2012
Tangerang
In whatsapp a profile pic from Facebook doesn’t show up, i tried to run this method and return with no luck, could anyone help me? Pic is in attachment.. Some pics is show up because i obtain it manually from google contacts.. Any idea why this happened? :(

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336567377723.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336567377723.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 450

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will need the three files attached to accomplish this. Very easy....

Step 1: extract facebook_photo_fix.sh from the zip and place it and sqlite3 and libncurses.so on your sd card

Step 2: Using Root Explorer, mount rw

Step 3: place the sqlite3 file in /system/xbin. Set permissions to rwxrwxrwx.

Step 4: place the libncurses.so file in /system/lib. Set permissions to rw-r-r.

Step 5: download script manager from the Play Store and open. Grant SU when prompted.

Step 6: scroll down til you find the facebook_photo_fix,sh file, click on it.

Step 7: on the next screen, click the Su box and then click run.

Step 8: after the script runs, reboot your phone and your facebook contact pics should now show up in Google Voice as well as 3rd party launchers and messaging apps

More information on the subject here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1570856
    hey i found the unlocker app http://www.1mobile.com/photo-unlocker-160330.html it worked wonders for me! I would love the thanks if this helps you :)
    Anyone have a link to that app? I used
    the script on my Evo 3D and it worked great. Moved to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the same problem, except the script didnt work this time.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

This is the only place I could find it:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47452750/photounlocker.apk

....and I have no idea if it's the right file - it's the correct name, but you never know what's out there. Good luck!
    Sorry here are the sqlite3 and libncurses.so file in the attached zips. Just extract them.
    Photo unlocker in the Play Store works as well.