Fix for market.android.com not working

Search This thread

mtw4991

Mar 10, 2010
Orlando, FL
Did some research and found a fix for the Nexus One (mine at least) where the online market shows that an app has been downloaded and installed, but never shows up on the phone. Does not require a data wipe:

1) go to settings>applications>manage applications>all>google services framework>clear data
2) same settings>applications>manage applications>all>market>clear cache and force close
3) go to Titanium Backup and filter by "All" and Apply. Scroll to Market, click on it and select Wipe Data.
4) Reboot phone
5) Open and sign out of GTalk, then re-open and sign in.
6) Open Market and accept agreement. Let it load your apps. Close Market.
7) Go to market.android.com and sign in. Go to My Market Account>Settings tab>Edit>Nickname your phone and click Update.
8) Download an app. My downloads now start almost immediately.
Done!

Clarkster

Mar 23, 2007
Sooke
Just another success story here. Thanks!

I am wondering if someone could explain the first step, clearing the Google Services Framework? Why is that needed in addition to all the market steps?

mtw4991

Mar 10, 2010
Orlando, FL
Just another success story here. Thanks!

I am wondering if someone could explain the first step, clearing the Google Services Framework? Why is that needed in addition to all the market steps?

I believe that it's because it mimmicks a factory reset/data wipe in the google framework cache without actually wiping your phone (which was Google's answer to the issue) and allows the other services to re-connect cleanly. The google services framework handles google account & login information for google apps I think. Also, it won't work with just the market steps alone.

Last edited:

mtw4991

Mar 10, 2010
Orlando, FL
I believe that it's because it mimmicks a factory reset/data wipe in the google framework cache without actually wiping your phone (which was Google's answer to the issue) and allows the other services to re-connect cleanly. The google services framework handles google account & login information for google apps I think. Also, it won't work with just the market steps alone.

Bumpity bump bump

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone