[FIX] For those who get stuck on sboot.bin.lz4 when try to flash firmware S8 G950F

Search This thread

SevenRodo

Feb 16, 2019
hi stonebridgid , i tried your version but i got stuck on the same stap , what schould I do next? regrets

benjamen50

Dec 11, 2013
Melbourne
www.mtwo.com.au
Take note of AP SW REV binary bit which is shown in the download mode screen with the text on the top left.

That needs to match number in firmware.

e.g

G955FXXU3CRGH

Bolded number is binary bit. Either match that number or have firmware higher than that number. Then it'll flash no problem.

Last edited:

tech927

Dec 5, 2012
s7 fails on sboot.bin

I've got an s7, it's an g930f international model unlocked boot loader, or it was until I flashed a wrong file a bl xxs Europe branded file now I can't get anything on my boot loader, it won't let me wipe via twrp, running 3.2.3, and it won't let me reflash via odin a new unlocked boot loader bl xxu file. My problem is this flash took out my EFS partition, I have no mobile number, no mobile network provider, no ability to dial, no IMEI, no nothing. I restored via dd a efs backup but that hasn't done it. I'd appreciate any help.

harvindan72

Feb 3, 2019
God Damn, Worked like a charm

I've been searching for hours for a solution. Tried everything and it never worked, thank god you were here to save us all. And a little tip to everyone out there who got stuck at "setup connection" , all you have to do is unplug your phone from the pc and do it again and it should get pass the setup connection.
Device used : S7 Edge

lazers378

Aug 1, 2011
I used 3.13.3 version of Odin and still gets stuck at boot file. Any solutions ? Someone mentioned to use a PIT file to resolve the issue. However, my phone will only go into Download mode, so how to get PIT file for it ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, many times i was trying to flash stock firmware from my country but i couldnt because i was getting stuck on sboot.bin.lz4 , well if you get stuck there too the solution is to flash the firmware from another version of odin. A little search on google didnt hurt me tho :p , so just get the version of the link bellow and Voila .. ! if you have any other problem i might can help you, post down your comments :)

https://download.highonandroid.com/file/Tools/ODIN/Odin3_v3.13.1.zip
    Works

Thanks, this solved my issue
    My question is that I'm afraid of having trouble updating with odin. I did some time ago an odin update on a 3 note and it failed. A triangle appeared on the screen and had to be brought in for technical assistance. I have all the files downloaded here for the s8, with the latest odin, but I do not know if I upgrade or not, or if I expect the OTA .... On my S8 is with ((XX1CRAP) no problems, but the pack security is February 1. And by Sammobiles 2 new updates have come out.I'm in doubt.
    It's because of the compression older version cant handle it..3.13.1 works.
    While trying to downgrade my G950F to nougat Odin stuck at (<ID:0/004> sboot.bin <ID:0/004> FAIL!) even im using the last version V3.13.1

You cannot downgrade firmware due to bootloader version numbers hence errors ie: Oreo to nougat