Fix for wear os call delay

Search This thread
Mar 27, 2020
I have a almost perfect solution for the wear os call bug. i have created an app which has to be installed on the phone. When your phone receives a call the app will keep trying to send notifications one after the other to the watch forcing the watch to wake and start ringing. of course the notifications will be automatically cleared once the watch is woken up. it seems to work reliability enough.

heres the link : https://gofile.io/?c=7DIfyo

Install the app on the phone and give it the necessary permissions.

Please refer to this thread if you are going to post somewhere else.

Last edited:

Axel85

May 9, 2010
Google Pixel 8
I would like to try it but all the link is doing is opening random adds and not going to any download . I' m a computer technician . I ve finnally found a way to bypass it , after opening adds 100 times

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I just tried , but I can't make it to install . I get to the screen where it say that no special permissions are required , and then to the not installed screen . I'm running a stock android pie xiaomi mi a2

Mar 27, 2020
I would like to try it but all the link is doing is opening random adds and not going to any download . I' m a computer technician . I ve finnally found a way to bypass it , after opening adds 100 times

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I just tried , but I can't make it to install . I get to the screen where it say that no special permissions are required , and then to the not installed screen . I'm running a stock android pie xiaomi mi a2

my apologies, i have built the apk using debug key, i have rebuilt the apk using a release key. i have updated my original post.

Axel85

May 9, 2010
Google Pixel 8
Looks like it's working . At least I receive the notification every time now . I also found a fix for the missed call notification dismissing on phone when the call feature on watch is activated ( don't know if everyone has the same ) . If I disable phone's app notification in wear os app on phone , the missed call notification is present both on watch and phone ( previously they appear on both but after a second the watch was dismissing the one on phone).
Let's share those two fixes because they mitigate 2 enormous bugs in wear os

Axel85

May 9, 2010
Google Pixel 8
Also now I tried to force disable phone app from doze on watch with this command:
adb shell dumpsys deviceidle whitelist +com.google.android.apps.wearable.phone
everything seems to work with the app present now in the battery optimization under development options as unavailable . After the first start , then everytime it s faster to notify a call

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

I even uninstalled mobvoi systema apps via this comand:
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 your.app.name.goes.here
even if disabled from watch , this seems to free up more ram . Be carefull on your watch

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Let's try it for 2 or 3 days ... It's super fast now with your APK + my tweak to phone app doze . I have to try it without your app because I think the main problem on wear os is the fact that the system doze the phone app

Mar 27, 2020
Also now I tried to force disable phone app from doze on watch with this command:
everything seems to work with the app present now in the battery optimization under development options as unavailable . After the first start , then everytime it s faster to notify a call

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

I even uninstalled mobvoi systema apps via this comand:
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 your.app.name.goes.here
even if disabled from watch , this seems to free up more ram . Be carefull on your watch

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Let's try it for 2 or 3 days ... It's super fast now with your APK + my tweak to phone app doze . I have to try it without your app because I think the main problem on wear os is the fact that the system doze the phone app

That's interesting. I'll try that in my watch and post the findings here. And I have already removed all the mobvoi apps from the watch.

Axel85

May 9, 2010
Google Pixel 8
That's interesting. I'll try that in my watch and post the findings here. And I have already removed all the mobvoi apps from the watch.

Since yesterday I'm trying the watch without your fix on phone . It's still working and it's super fast . I don't know what made a big change. I'm sure removing phone app from doze list is a game changer , but also unistalling all mobvoi apps from adb instead of only ticsystem + all the other from watch , released about 50 megs of ram

Mar 27, 2020
Since yesterday I'm trying the watch without your fix on phone . It's still working and it's super fast . I don't know what made a big change. I'm sure removing phone app from doze list is a game changer , but also unistalling all mobvoi apps from adb instead of only ticsystem + all the other from watch , released about 50 megs of ram

I tried disabling the app from doze mode. It worked for a couple of hours and the stoped working.i guess once the app has been removed from ram by the os due to low ram it seems to stop working.

What I have found though is that my apk+your solution seems to work best. As when the app is removed from ram my apk would force the device to wake up which would make it realise it's getting an incoming call thereby making the phone app run again and stay in the ram.

Axel85

May 9, 2010
Google Pixel 8
I tried disabling the app from doze mode. It worked for a couple of hours and the stoped working.i guess once the app has been removed from ram by the os due to low ram it seems to stop working.

What I have found though is that my apk+your solution seems to work best. As when the app is removed from ram my apk would force the device to wake up which would make it realise it's getting an incoming call thereby making the phone app run again and stay in the ram.

For me this problem is not present , maybe because of the heavy debloat I've done ? I have 170 to 140mb of free ram . I continue testing , and keep your APK to reinstall if needed . Thank you , your solution is great , because I have to not mess with tasker or other similar workarounds that never worked for me .

D

Deleted member 9527140

Deleted

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:

nimmur2000

Sep 7, 2011
Bangalore
Do we need to use adb to remove doze or "Dont Optimize" will help?

janjan

Recognized Developer
May 20, 2007
Aalborg
tweaksyourandroid.weebly.com
I have a almost perfect solution for the wear os call bug. i have created an app which has to be installed on the phone. When your phone receives a call the app will keep trying to send notifications one after the other to the watch forcing the watch to wake and start ringing. of course the notifications will be automatically cleared once the watch is woken up. it seems to work reliability enough.

Do u mind to share the source.

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland

Edit: My info is incorrect. Adding apps to the doze whitelist overrides any memory optimisation (source: https://developer.android.com/about/versions/pie/power)

You can try to change the memory optimisation priority of the phone app so that it is not removed from RAM;
Code:
adb shell am set-standby-bucket com.google.android.apps.wearable.phone active

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/TicWatch/comments/f2mymx/ticwatch_pro_incoming_call_delay/

Last edited:

ruknaednihs

Dec 27, 2020

The link is not working, Do you have an alternate link please?

Magics

Jun 16, 2007
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Sul mio TicWatch PRO 3 LTE, non accuso Nessun Ritardo nell'attivazione della suoneria sull'orologio durante una chiamata in arrivo sul telefono ...
..anzi vibra prima l'orologio e poi squilla il telefono ...:freddo:
Apprezzo pero' il lavoro dell'amico Anton Fernando ...Bravo (y)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The link is not working, Do you have an alternate link please?

Try this.
    Awesome.. it's works on my ticwatch s.. thanks..
    After some days of testing , my solution + your apk is the best . Now I receive the calls on watch 100% the times in 2 or 3 seconds in the worst cases