• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fix for Widevine L3 to L1

Search This thread

trapcoder

Sep 21, 2017
Some of us if not a lot of us have been facing Widevine certification issue out of the box mainly the phone being L3 instead of L1 as per advertised.

Picked mine up 2 days ago and sure enough it was L3. Some of the posts here stated that Oppo told them that the mainboard needed to be changed / they swapped the device however i can now confirm this is not a hardware issue.

Took mine back to the Oppo service centre the very next morning and they fixed it within 30 minutes. When i walked in, the frontdesk customer service representative didn't even know the issue. In fact they didn't even know what Widevine was.

1. Prior to sending and after , my firmware version remained the same which is - CPH2025_11_A.23 ( June security patch - latest version as of now )
2. Phone was not reset when i collected it back 30 minutes later. Every app and settings remained the same as well.

When i asked them what was done to fix it, they told me that they contacted Oppo China and they were given a file to install and reconfigure. Upon further questioning ie what file and can i have a copy of the apk, they declined to answer and stated it's due to privacy reasons.

Firmware version images :

Screenshot_2020-06-16-10-47-07-66.jpg Screenshot_2020-06-16-10-47-03-54.jpg

Widevine before and after :

Screenshot_2020-06-14-19-53-49-26_f22bee4ae9c848ac1a22e1c0639d2983.jpg Screenshot_2020-06-15-11-29-22-14.jpg

TL;DR : From the looks of it , this can definitely be fixed with a software update. Just hope that some media picks this up so that Oppo is aware as for now when you email them, all they ask you to do is either reset your phone or clear netflix cache data. Spending so much on a phone only to enjoy Netflix and Amazon Prime content in SD is utterly ridonkulous.

Hope this helps, although there's no Guide, i hope this thread picks up traction and OPPO realizes that this is a common issue.

Cheers.

Edit : Check this post for the fix : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82989917&postcount=5

Last edited:

Kanemad

Jun 29, 2008
Madrid
Some of us if not a lot of us have been facing Widevine certification issue out of the box mainly the phone being L3 instead of L1 as per advertised.

Picked mine up 2 days ago and sure enough it was L3. Some of the posts here stated that Oppo told them that the mainboard needed to be changed / they swapped the device however i can now confirm this is not a hardware issue.

Took mine back to the Oppo service centre the very next morning and they fixed it within 30 minutes. When i walked in, the frontdesk customer service representative didn't even know the issue. In fact they didn't even know what Widevine was.

1. Prior to sending and after , my firmware version remained the same which is - CPH2025_11_A.23 ( June security patch - latest version as of now )
2. Phone was not reset when i collected it back 30 minutes later. Every app and settings remained the same as well.

When i asked them what was done to fix it, they told me that they contacted Oppo China and they were given a file to install and reconfigure. Upon further questioning ie what file and can i have a copy of the apk, they declined to answer and stated it's due to privacy reasons.

View attachment 5041687 View attachment 5041685

View attachment 5041689 View attachment 5041691

TL;DR : From the looks of it , this can definitely be fixed with a software update. Just hope that some media picks this up so that Oppo is aware as for now when you email them, all they ask you to do is either reset your phone or clear netflix cache data. Spending so much on a phone only to enjoy Netflix and Amazon Prime content in SD is utterly ridonkulous.

Hope this helps, although there's no Guide, i hope this thread picks up traction and OPPO realizes that this is a common issue.

Cheers.

Same issue here.

I´ve just speak with the oppo Service Assitance and i´m waiting for their feedback.

Agree with you that with a simply software update issue should be fixed but i´m , afraid that they don´t know well how they need to proceed.

i´ll keep you posted.

Kind regards.

trapcoder

Sep 21, 2017
Confirmed fix for Widevine L3 to L1

So i opened a thread here previously stating that i had an issue with my widevine and the service centre managed to fix it very short time. Found this apk hidden in my phone just now when i was doing some clean up. I think Oppo service centre forgot to remove it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-a07h9lX2LO1IwEzifbmQWxg0hchSUDj/view?usp=sharing

Widevine services apk, when you click install, it should install the key. Not sure if this apk was configured specifically for my phone but those having the issue may try it out.

Godspeed

View attachment 5051953

edit : I tested on 2 of my friends phones who had this issue and it managed to resolve it as well. Once done you need to clear device cache or netflix data and cache. Some users here reported that it fixed it for them as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kanemad

Jun 29, 2008
Madrid
Hi.
You´r totally right this tool fix the issue with de Widevine cert, and it´s great that you´ve posted for people that is having this issue can fixit it without need to send to the SAT, because no one in Oppo knows (At least in the european division knows how to do it).

Thank you so much, for your help-.

Kind Regards.

Muggx

Jun 16, 2012
I tried also. Now drm Info shows L1. Netflix instead still shows L3. it defititly changed Something. But does not fix the Netflix problem.

trapcoder

Sep 21, 2017
Hi.
You´r totally right this tool fix the issue with de Widevine cert, and it´s great that you´ve posted for people that is having this issue can fixit it without need to send to the SAT, because no one in Oppo knows (At least in the european division knows how to do it).

Kind Regards.

Great that it works :highfive:

I tried also. Now drm Info shows L1. Netflix instead still shows L3. it defititly changed Something. But does not fix the Netflix problem.

Clear netflix data and cache and retry again.

Reactions: Muggx

goodburner

Dec 6, 2012
Does this also apply to the non pro version? The Oppo Find X2 has the same specs except for camera I believe. Please let me know.

Pieter-Jan

Jul 7, 2020
So, I downloaded and installed it. Phone now shows L1 :)
However, Netflix still doesnt work. I cleared the data and cache of Netflix, but how to clear device cache?

naveed5700

Oct 8, 2009
Hello, Thanks for this. I downloaded it but when I try to install the APK, it says that i already have a version installed. Is there a way to uninstall the older version and if so which file must be deleted?

trapcoder

Sep 21, 2017
So, I downloaded and installed it. Phone now shows L1 :)
However, Netflix still doesnt work. I cleared the data and cache of Netflix, but how to clear device cache?

Not sure if its there in recovery mode. Once cleared data and cache for Netflix, reboot your device.

Hello, Thanks for this. I downloaded it but when I try to install the APK, it says that i already have a version installed. Is there a way to uninstall the older version and if so which file must be deleted?

Will check it when im back later

Would that work for other phones like the OP8 Pro rooted ?

No, you're rooted. Pretty sure there's some magisk module out there where you can spoof your fingerprint

is it working with the chinese version ? thanks.

It should work.

Pieter-Jan

Jul 7, 2020
I can confirm it is working for the Chinese variant :)

It wasnt working at first for me, so I deleted Netflix mand reinstalled it (the reinstall was a version higher than what I had before). Now its working like a charm :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Confirmed fix for Widevine L3 to L1

So i opened a thread here previously stating that i had an issue with my widevine and the service centre managed to fix it very short time. Found this apk hidden in my phone just now when i was doing some clean up. I think Oppo service centre forgot to remove it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-a07h9lX2LO1IwEzifbmQWxg0hchSUDj/view?usp=sharing

Widevine services apk, when you click install, it should install the key. Not sure if this apk was configured specifically for my phone but those having the issue may try it out.

Godspeed

View attachment 5051953

edit : I tested on 2 of my friends phones who had this issue and it managed to resolve it as well. Once done you need to clear device cache or netflix data and cache. Some users here reported that it fixed it for them as well.

Screenshot_2020-06-16-10-47-07-66.jpg Screenshot_2020-06-16-10-47-03-54.jpg

Screenshot_2020-06-14-19-53-49-26_f22bee4ae9c848ac1a22e1c0639d2983.jpg Screenshot_2020-06-15-11-29-22-14.jpg

Cheers.

Edit : Check this post for the fix : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82989917&postcount=5
    Hi.

Kind Regards.

Great that it works :highfive:

Clear netflix data and cache and retry again.
    Would that work for other phones like the OP8 Pro rooted ?
    Here's the new apk, I think they still need you to send your IMEI by messenger or email before you can use it successfully. But for those who had done it already for the previous version, this one should work. Let us know.
    Not working for me i got error, maybe they link to ti IMEI number
    Screenshot_2020-12-19-11-28-49-81.jpg