[FIX][FP11&10.3] Adobe Flash video on CM7 (Now with 720p support!)

Search This thread

DeadlyPsycho

Aug 6, 2008
Ever since CM7 has been released on the atrix, streams that use adobe flash has been spotty. Sometimes the picture is messed up and other times it does not display at all. For example, visit justin.tv and try any stream there on your phone.

Flash Player 11 Method (720p works!):

You need to modify the config.data of the application you are using to limit the fps on the flash video to 15. (Up to 24 has been reported as working)

You can find config.data (replace the italics with your application's package name) for the default browser in /data/data/com.android.browser/app_plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/.macromedia/Flash_Player/

Change the contents of config.data to:
DeviceCert=1
HeapSoftLimit=200
HeapHardLimit=240
HwH264=bp:108000,15;mp:108000,15;hp:108000,15;
ProductVer=11.1.111.x
(To easily edit this file, use a file explorer to move config.data to the root of your sd card. Plug the phone into your computer and edit the file accordingly, then copy the file to its respective location. You can also copy it to other applications as well, as it uses the same config.data)

(Old) Flash Player 10.3 Method:

Basically what you need to do is chmod the flash plugin's config.data file for each application you use to watch the streams on.

So for the default browser (replace the italics with your application's package name):

-Browse to /data/data/com.android.browser/app_plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/.macromedia/Flash_Player/
-chmod config.data to 000 (or remove all checkmarks in permissions of this file)
-Reboot the phone

Last edited:

Notorious544d

Aug 18, 2011
London
So the fix will play videos with only 15fps...
Do you have to do 15 - as this seems choppy to me (haven't tested yet).

DeadlyPsycho

Aug 6, 2008
Damne, wrong button (help) well...

Yes, I have a French website (http://www.divertissonsnous.com/) that was not working and now... it work perfectly.

For the informations, I have keep "24" in the settings.

Edit : did this kind of website is "streams" ???
I don't know, but all "video website" that was not working work well now.

Yeah it happened on some flash video as well, not necessarily just streams. Was just using it as a base :) Alright, thanks for the help, ill update OP

crazililazn

Nov 27, 2008
Hmm, I just tried using 15,21,and 24. All 3 of them are choppy when I view 720p. 480p and under is fine though. Also, what does the "108000" value do? If I change that, will it affect performance in any way?

I use video recordings from the HTC vivid review on gsmarena as a test.

EDIT: I went on justin.tv and the videos were smooth, so I was wondering if some of you guys could test the video recordings in the Vivid review to see if they are smooth for you.

Last edited:

DeadlyPsycho

Aug 6, 2008
Hmm, I just tried using 15,21,and 24. All 3 of them are choppy when I view 720p. 480p and under is fine though. Also, what does the "108000" value do? If I change that, will it affect performance in any way?

I use video recordings from the HTC vivid review on gsmarena as a test.

EDIT: I went on justin.tv and the videos were smooth, so I was wondering if some of you guys could test the video recordings in the Vivid review to see if they are smooth for you.

Hm youre right, I was getting laggy video there as well however streams work just fine. Ill try tampering with the settings.

crazililazn

Nov 27, 2008
I have no idea. I tried modifying that to other numbers, didnt seem to make a difference, at least none that I could tell.

I noticed that after I play flash videos for awhile, it crashes my opera.

When I remove permissions from config.data and reboot, the config.data still has no permissions. What are the correct permissions for it?
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DeadlyPsycho

Aug 6, 2008
I noticed that after I play flash videos for awhile, it crashes my opera.

When I remove permissions from config.data and reboot, the config.data still has no permissions. What are the correct permissions for it?

Opera doesnt use config.data from what ive researched. It has its own built in configuration.

The default chmod of config.data is 666 or rw-rw-rw-

DeadlyPsycho

Aug 6, 2008
Then how do I fix the flash for opera? I get a distorted image when I don't use the config.data in the opera folder.

I'm getting mixed messages on different threads, someone said the config.data fix works on the full version of opera and not on mini, another said it doesn't work at all. I use dolphin browser myself, which uses config.data for sure.

bunder9999

Dec 15, 2011
flash seems broken no matter what browser you use... websites hate the default browser, opera likes to freeze or spontaneously exit, and dolphin likes to completely reboot the phone.

i think the real solution here would be for adobe to fix it. ;)

xateeq

Oct 19, 2010
flash seems broken no matter what browser you use... websites hate the default browser, opera likes to freeze or spontaneously exit, and dolphin likes to completely reboot the phone.

i think the real solution here would be for adobe to fix it. ;)

if ur having random problems then try this
do not undervolt your phone. and if possible remove any profiles u have set up in setcpu as well

for me setcpu brings more problems then solutions default every thing is efficient. might be possible ur phone is also not responding well to setcpu settings just a thought.

bunder9999

Dec 15, 2011
if ur having random problems then try this
do not undervolt your phone. and if possible remove any profiles u have set up in setcpu as well

for me setcpu brings more problems then solutions default every thing is efficient. might be possible ur phone is also not responding well to setcpu settings just a thought.

i haven't done any of that stuff, but thanks for the tip. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ever since CM7 has been released on the atrix, streams that use adobe flash has been spotty. Sometimes the picture is messed up and other times it does not display at all. For example, visit justin.tv and try any stream there on your phone.

Flash Player 11 Method (720p works!):

You need to modify the config.data of the application you are using to limit the fps on the flash video to 15. (Up to 24 has been reported as working)

You can find config.data (replace the italics with your application's package name) for the default browser in /data/data/com.android.browser/app_plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/.macromedia/Flash_Player/

Change the contents of config.data to:
    DeviceCert=1
    HeapSoftLimit=200
    HeapHardLimit=240
    HwH264=bp:108000,15;mp:108000,15;hp:108000,15;
    ProductVer=11.1.111.x
    (To easily edit this file, use a file explorer to move config.data to the root of your sd card. Plug the phone into your computer and edit the file accordingly, then copy the file to its respective location. You can also copy it to other applications as well, as it uses the same config.data)

(Old) Flash Player 10.3 Method:

Basically what you need to do is chmod the flash plugin's config.data file for each application you use to watch the streams on.

So for the default browser (replace the italics with your application's package name):

-Browse to /data/data/com.android.browser/app_plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/.macromedia/Flash_Player/
    -chmod config.data to 000 (or remove all checkmarks in permissions of this file)
    -Reboot the phone
    I all,

Tested with 21 instead of 15 and it work well at my site (tested on Justin.tv)

Edit : Tested with 24 too... no problem for me.
    I all,

Tested with 21 instead of 15 and it work well at my site (tested on Justin.tv)

Edit : Tested with 24 too... no problem for me.

Good to hear. By the way, did you try streams before changing config.data?