Fix G Watch R auto poweroff when remove from the charger (no change battery needed)

Search This thread

erkme73

Apr 20, 2008
Another me too! My 4 yo w150 wouldn't stay on when removed from charger. Despite showing 80 percent full. Pulled the resistor and good as new! Ty ty ty!

enfjp

Apr 26, 2015
Thanks!

Thank you very much! Today in April 2020 your post continues to help people! For me it worked perfectly!:victory:

erkme73

Apr 20, 2008
will just putting a new battery in work rather than the messing around with removing the component of the original battery?

Yes, since the regulator chip is part of the battery. I ordered a new batter, and while waiting for Amazon to deliver it, I found this post. So I figured I'd try it. It worked so well, I'm still on the original battery and it's working like it was brand new. I'm keeping the new battery as a spare, but knowing myself, if/when I ever need it, I won't remember I have a spare or I won't be able to find it...

Yes, since the regulator chip is part of the battery. I ordered a new batter, and while waiting for Amazon to deliver it, I found this post. So I figured I'd try it. It worked so well, I'm still on the original battery and it's working like it was brand new. I'm keeping the new battery as a spare, but knowing myself, if/when I ever need it, I won't remember I have a spare or I won't be able to find it...

I popped that chip off my existing battery but it still didn't fix my issue. I ordered a new battery but it hasn't came yet.

erkme73

Apr 20, 2008
I was going to put that in the differential (I struggled with the fine soldering too), but didn't want to offend.

Ziadkadi

Apr 27, 2020
My urbane has been in the drawer since 3 years ago. Now when i put it on the charger it doesnt boot and is stuck on the lg logo. If i hard reboot it will display the battery icon and then the lg logo again. Sometimes 2 or 3 times. Any advice? I never wore it for long so the battery isnt worn out hopefully

erkme73

Apr 20, 2008
My urbane has been in the drawer since 3 years ago. Now when i put it on the charger it doesnt boot and is stuck on the lg logo. If i hard reboot it will display the battery icon and then the lg logo again. Sometimes 2 or 3 times. Any advice? I never wore it for long so the battery isnt worn out hopefully

You can get a battery for about USD15 on eBay. Replacing it requires no special skills or tools. There are a number of videos on how to do it. If you're going to replace the battery, and want a slightly more technical challenge, you may want to try and remove the voltage regulating chip from the original battery. Worst case, you will be replacing it anyway. Best case, you can save the replacement battery for when it actually does fail.

This ways is for:
- When you connect the watch to the charger, it's turn on and says charging but when removing it from charger it's go black (auto poweroff)
- When you press the power button it's won't boot or go black (auto poweroff) at the "LG" screen
You need:
- Old battery
- Soldering Iron and Soldering Wire
Optional:
- 0 ohm resistance
Thank you very much, my watch which was dormant for almost 3 years is now running beautifully.

Rob1968

Jul 3, 2011
I have a LG Watch Urbane having the same problem after a solid 6 years of no issues. I decided to just buy a new battery since I don't have a solder gun. After swapping the battery, the watch is now dead. It doesn't even attempt to turn on when putting it on the charger. I can't imagine I did anything wrong. All I did was open the back, unplug the 4 connectors, unscrewed the 3 screws holding the motherboard and removed it, and put the new battery in. I then put the motherboard back, inserted the 3 screws and plugging in all 4 connectors. After I saw that the watch didn't respond in the charger, I decided to reopen and put in the old batter, but it's the same thing....deader than a door nail. Has this happened to anyone else. Any advice. I can't imagine what I could have screwed up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ways is for:
    - When you connect the watch to the charger, it's turn on and says charging but when removing it from charger it's go black (auto poweroff)
    - When you press the power button it's won't boot or go black (auto poweroff) at the "LG" screen
    You need:
    - Old battery
    - Soldering Iron and Soldering Wire
    Optional:
    - 0 ohm resistance

1.Remove the sticker and plastic case on the battery protection board
    Image see attachment files 1
    2.Use Soldering Iron to remove the component in the image
    3.Soldering 0 ohm resistance to the position of removed component or just use Soldering Wire to connect two contactor, it should be like this:
    Image see attachment files 2
    4.Done,now your battery should be work.

This ways is from:
    tieba.baidu.com/p/4071402128 (Chinese forum, solution at the second replies)

Sorry,my English is poor and i can't find buttons to upload attachments or image to xda-developers.
    I finded the buttons to upload attachment!:D
    You can ask me if you have any other questions.
    If this helped you,please click thanks button.
    You are my hero of the day. :D
    I replaced the component (what ever that may be) and the bootproblem was solved.
    Thank you very much for sharing this

Do you know what the component is?
    You are my hero of the day. :D
    I replaced the component (what ever that may be) and the bootproblem was solved.
    Thank you very much for sharing this

Do you know what the component is?

Sorry, i don't know what it is
    I just found that ways from here:
    tieba.baidu.com/p/4071402128 (It's a chinese forum,solution in the second replies)
    It's also call it "component" , and says it's possible is a fuse
    Nice post man!

I did all these steps and...... tadaaaaam BACK TO LIVE!
    Hi,
    I have the same issue since a few days. First of thanks for the provided solution. But because removing a potential fuse and bride the contacts doesn't sound really save to me, I want to ask if someone who has done it month ago can report that there are no issues so far.
    And if someone had issues please report them, it would be much appreciated and help other people too who will find this Thread in the future.

If you are concerned, buy a new battery. Its cheap and quick.