[FIX]G3 won't Power-ON and Bootloops while Charging

Search This thread

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
THE STORY:

So, today, my friend consulted me about his D850 G3 'cause he powered it off with 50% remaining and it won't power on manually via power button. I ask him if it still charges, the he plugged the charger on it and the G3 showed the "loading battery" screen (the screen that shows before charging animation) and it bootlooped on there, thus not charging.

Scratching my head, I tried pressing the power button while the "loading battery" screen is shown, the LG boot screen showed up, but it bootlooped again back to the "loading battery" screen. I also unplugged the battery, gave it a good rest, then plugged it back, but still, no good.

I tried plugging the phone via PC to see if it detects, and it detects, and it wont... So... Yeah... Still no good :eek:

And then I remembered my Samsung Galaxy S2 days, when I do this "soft-reset" thing. So, I did it and suprisingly, it bypassed the "loading battery" screen and now it charges! Tried powering it on, and IT'S ON! Yay! :good:

SUMMARIZING:

1. Phone won't turn on via Power Button, so no go for recovery and download mode.

2. Charging it just bootloops the "loading screen", thus, not charging.

3. Re-plugging the battery won't do.

2. No luck on PC.

SOLUTION (Soft-Reset):

1. Power off the device.

2. Pull out the battery and press the power button for 10 seconds WITHOUT the battery.
(I don't know if this is necessary on our G3, since I don't know if our G3 has a separate power source like the S2, but still did it anyways.)

3. Plug the charger into your G3 WITHOUT the battery. It will show like this:

G0n16LP.jpg

4. Then, WHILE charger is plugged-in WITHOUT the battery, plug the battery back. Now, it SHOULD charge.

5. And after a couple of minutes, you can power on your device. :good:

If you face similar issues like my friend, try this and hope this'll help you as well. Just posting it here for reference and future bookmark. Have a good day guys/gals :good:

:D :) ;) :good:

Last edited:

engmia

Jun 8, 2016
Are you using Fulmics rom? As far as I know it had an issue with battery charging when not plugged, you need to update to 5.3 to resolve it.

netookska05

Jan 28, 2013
Albuquerque
THE STORY:

So, today, my friend consulted me about his D850 G3 'cause he powered it off with 50% remaining and it won't power on manually via power button. I ask him if it still charges, the he plugged the charger on it and the G3 showed the "loading battery" screen (the screen that shows before charging animation) and it bootlooped on there, thus not charging.

Scratching my head, I tried pressing the power button while the "loading battery" screen is shown, the LG boot screen showed up, but it bootlooped again back to the "loading battery" screen. I also unplugged the battery, gave it a good rest, then plugged it back, but still, no good.

I tried plugging the phone via PC to see if it detects, and it detects, and it wont... So... Yeah... Still no good :eek:

And then I remembered my Samsung Galaxy S2 days, when I do this "soft-reset" thing. So, I did it and suprisingly, it bypassed the "loading battery" screen and now it charges! Tried powering it on, and IT'S ON! Yay! :good:

SUMMARIZING:

1. Phone won't turn on via Power Button, so no go for recovery and download mode.

2. No luck on PC.

SOLUTION (Soft-Reset):

1. Power off the device.

2. Pull out the battery and press the power button for 10 seconds WITHOUT the battery.
(I don't know if this is necessary on our G3, since I don't know if our G3 has a separate power source like the S2, but still did it anyways.)

G0n16LP.jpg

4. Then, WHILE charger is plugged-in WITHOUT the battery, plug the battery back. Now, it SHOULD charge.

If you face similar issues like my friend, try this and hope this'll help you as well. Just posting it here for reference and future bookmark. Have a good day guys/gals :good:

I had the same issue on my vs985. What does it say in the computer under Start/devices and printers in the computer when you plug it in. If it shows up as unknown device its bricked. You will need to look at this thread it tells you what to do to fix this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/general/guide-fix-hard-brick-recovery-guide-t3132359 Now I'm back up and running. Don't get frustrated when using the guide. I used a bread tie and it works perfect. PM me if you need help. This guide should work for your variant.

souler456

Jan 18, 2013
Calamba, Laguna
Are you using Fulmics rom? As far as I know it had an issue with battery charging when not plugged, you need to update to 5.3 to resolve it.

No. My friend was on an AOSP ROM.

I had the same issue on my vs985. What does it say in the computer under Start/devices and printers in the computer when you plug it in. If it shows up as unknown device its bricked. You will need to look at this thread it tells you what to do to fix this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/general/guide-fix-hard-brick-recovery-guide-t3132359 Now I'm back up and running. Don't get frustrated when using the guide. I used a bread tie and it works perfect. PM me if you need help. This guide should work for your variant.

No, man. I think you've misunderstood my post. I posted a "fix" for the problem of my friend, and the problems already solved. Just shared my experience here. The PC detects the G3, then it won't, then it will, then it won't... You prolly get what's happening if you read the OP. :good:

netookska05

Jan 28, 2013
Albuquerque

No, man. I think you've misunderstood my post. I posted a "fix" for the problem of my friend, and the problems already solved. Just shared my experience here. The PC detects the G3, then it won't, then it will, then it won't... You prolly get what's happening if you read the OP. :good:

Your right my bad. Just being eager to help ha ha. Well I've brought my phone back to life around 3 times now so I can be done unless the hardware is damaged.

Reactions: souler456

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin
Had similar issue with Galaxy devices while running a aosp rom. But my battery was fully discharged. I would pull out battery. Plug in USB connected to a PC. Then try to enter download mode or recovery. Then replace battery to charge a little before restarting the device to let it charge normally.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Jewdebega

May 11, 2015
Houston
Oh my word... I tried rebooting my phone into Recovery Mode and it completely shut down on me. I've spent the last thirty minutes or so trying to get it to boot with no success I saw solutions similar to yours (pull battery out, drain phone, plug battery back in, recharge, etc.), but none that suggested putting the battery back in while the phone was plugged in. Success!

hrrhacker

Feb 4, 2015
Thanks For sharing your Experience My problem is same to yours, But charging boot looping Download mode boot looping, When i remove the Battery while plugged to charger a Caution on Battery icon But When i plug the battery back Boot looping again Everything But my Battery have Charged up to 60% Something Is not Bootlooping Like Data Reset screen What is the Problem with my battery Please Help

Jhinta

Dec 20, 2010
PCB of battery sort story resistance good up as days go by ( sometimes it works sometime constant reboot , sometime not charging . see YouTube lg g3 battery PCB fix , and you can test it get a working one from someone to see if it boots ( and yes I have done mine and still working after 1,5 year after problem)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

[email protected]

Jan 21, 2018
Hello everyone, and a Happy New Year to all,

I have an LG G3 phone that isn't charging at all - no led indicators or anything. Upon connecting the charger (without battery in phone) ... I see the indicator as pictured above telling me that the battery is absent. As soon as I insert the battery, the screen goes black and nothing else happens. I've also tested the battery using a multi-meter and it's fine. Has anyone else experienced this ... and has a solution been found?

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
VT

I have an LG G3 phone that isn't charging at all - no led indicators or anything. Upon connecting the charger (without battery in phone) ... I see the indicator as pictured above telling me that the battery is absent. As soon as I insert the battery, the screen goes black and nothing else happens. I've also tested the battery using a multi-meter and it's fine. Has anyone else experienced this ... and has a solution been found?

plug into pc and see if device manager shows anything

[email protected]

Jan 21, 2018
Plug into PC and see if device manager shows anything.

Hello! Thank you for such a speedy response! I really appreciate it.
Upon connecting the phone to my computer, Windows (10) notifies that the connected USB device has malfunctioned and therefore isn't recognized. In Device Manager the notification reads, "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed". Thanks for any further assistance.

P.S - I also have a question regarding an LG G4. I see that you also have knowledge about them but I am not sure of the respective protocols with respect to threads and such. Please advise, thank you.

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
VT
Hello! Thank you for such a speedy response! I really appreciate it.
Upon connecting the phone to my computer, Windows (10) notifies that the connected USB device has malfunctioned and therefore isn't recognized. In Device Manager the notification reads, "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed". Thanks for any further assistance.

P.S - I also have a question regarding an LG G4. I see that you also have knowledge about them but I am not sure of the respective protocols with respect to threads and such. Please advise, thank you.

As for the G3 I actually dont know other than end of life I got a verizon one that does about the same and every now and then i can get 9008 mode but most bad descriptors
As for the G4 you can PM me or make a thread in Q&A in G4 forum and mention me and i will get it:good:

[email protected]

Jan 21, 2018
As for the G3 I actually dont know other than end of life I got a verizon one that does about the same and every now and then i can get 9008 mode but most bad descriptors
As for the G4 you can PM me or make a thread in Q&A in G4 forum and mention me and i will get it:good:

Once again, thank you for your responses. I was thinking the same regarding 'end of life'. I believe that in order to resurrect it, something inside will have to be changed i.e a hardware issue. My computer and its USBs are functioning well ... so I know it's the phone. My major issue, apart from getting it to work again, is retrieving any information from it that I can.

Reactions: TheMadScientist

alb03

Sep 10, 2015

Same problems. And when i conect usb cable to pc and phone. It automaticaly show lg android net usb at the driver section. But im not in download mode. Screen off. Try flashing with lg flash tool. Failed. Please help. Lg ls 990 model. Help

ehtisham ali

Jul 12, 2015
THE STORY:

SUMMARIZING:

2. No luck on PC.

SOLUTION (Soft-Reset):

1. Power off the device.

G0n16LP.jpg

:D :) ;) :good:[/QUOTE

I have a weird issue with my vs985 it takes too much time to boot up.. some time it boots and some time it does not boot.. i had to pull out battery fot 20 or more minutes .. i dony know either its software are hardware issue . may be some one experienced this issue .. is there anyone who know about this issue .. i need help...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THE STORY:

SUMMARIZING:

2. No luck on PC.

SOLUTION (Soft-Reset):

1. Power off the device.

G0n16LP.jpg

Your right my bad. Just being eager to help ha ha. Well I've brought my phone back to life around 3 times now so I can be done unless the hardware is damaged.

Once again, thank you for your responses. I was thinking the same regarding 'end of life'. I believe that in order to resurrect it, something inside will have to be changed i.e a hardware issue. My computer and its USBs are functioning well ... so I know it's the phone. My major issue, apart from getting it to work again, is retrieving any information from it that I can.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone