[Fix] G8X Quad Dac on GSI Roms

Search This thread

((Player))

Dec 30, 2016
Barranquilla
Hi.

For people that are unaware some LG phones have almost and even no custom roms at all, that is the case with the G8x which is a shame for such a great phone,
fortunately something called Generic System Image (GSI) exists, it is a way for to get a custom rom with basic functionality for a wide range of devices.

I love the Quad Dac, it is one of the main features of a flagship LG phone, unfortunately it almost no developer owns an LG phone anymore so nobody is fixing it on GSI roms.
fortunately i found a kinda dirty way to fix it.

there are quite a few steps, so please be careful and pay attention:

1) On a stock (i used a11 iirc) rom Flash crDroid, other roms may or may not work
2) Flash TWRP and reboot to recovery
3) Flash your favorite GSI, i used crDroid 9.1
4) Flash Magisk, Flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt if you dont want your data encrypted
5) on the magisk app flash LG-G8X-hifi-quad-dac-fix-GSI.zip
6) Reboot your device and a new "Quad Dac unavailable" icon should appear on the status bar edit
7) Plug in your headphones, touch it and enjoy!
Bonus* Hold the icon to enter the app and modify some stuff
Bonus 2* DP Should work, idk if Dual Screen works since i dont own one
Bonus 3* AOD also should work.

Just to clarify, i didnt develop neither the app, the files or the scripts, this was based on Fasheng's job,
the files were replaced from Lineage 19.1, i just put everything together so if something doesnt work
i may not be able to fix it.

Also, this may work on other LG devices (like G8, G8S, V50, V50s, etc) if you provide a rom for it.
you can use stock rom as a base but this may not work for you.

Changelog:

1.0.0 - Initial Release

1.0.1 - Removed incorrect steps on the description and readme

Enjoy your music!

Credits

@Fasheng (Scripting)
@lefttobleed (Lineage Rom)
@Cheese-ass (crDroid)

Attachments

• LG-G8X-hifi-quad-dac-fix-GSI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
  • LG-G8X-hifi-quad-dac-fix-GSI-1.0.1.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Alecsto

Jun 14, 2014
how you flash gsi roms, can you send me a noob guide? and files you use (recoverys any other zips?

THUNDERWAKE

Feb 3, 2023
Hello, thanks for the contribution, I got mine too work on my g8x. I was wondering if you could maybe share the APK as well. Mine only toggles on and off but won't launch the app.

Reactions: ((Player))

((Player))

Dec 30, 2016
Barranquilla

THUNDERWAKE

Feb 3, 2023
Thank you Senpai! (≧▽≦). You are a MAN among men.
Screenshot_20230204-170906_Quad_DAC_Panel.png

there you have it, idk why it doesnt launch unfortunately, hopefully it works as a normal app

Top Liked Posts