[Fix] Gear Fix on N9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

davicito13

Sep 30, 2006
I tried as soon I clean install your rom, but cant connect. I'll try again so... Thanks Dr! You developers are great!

davicito13

Sep 30, 2006
I just flash vendor but when I open galaxy wearable still say "your operatiin system has been modified... "....

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I just flash vendor but when I open galaxy wearable still say "your operatiin system has been modified... "....
You are using app from this thread
I said you need to install from store
Clean install my rom and straightway connect gear that's all.

Da-BOSS

Apr 2, 2012
Russia - Moscow
github.com
Thank you so much :) your Apk files is working like a charm and I am able to connect it with my Gear S3 smartwatch ;)

If you want to know which ROM & which kernel I use... it is on my signature :)

Thank you again!

B.Chatt

Oct 15, 2018
Dear Dr.K,
almost all 9810 edition Note9 users who own a Gear in China have no other choice but suffer a lot with several ROMs that have not solve the Gear Pairing problem...
Tried every single ROMs in local forum with your 3 apps added, clean install, authorities acquired, keep backgournd running,,, but problem still there:crying::crying::crying:
Maybe something wrong with Kernel?

Reactions: ziotom2

Da-BOSS

Apr 2, 2012
Russia - Moscow
github.com
Dear Dr.K,
almost all 9810 edition Note9 users who own a Gear in China have no other choice but suffer a lot with several ROMs that have not solve the Gear Pairing problem...
Tried every single ROMs in local forum with your 3 apps added, clean install, authorities acquired, keep backgournd running,,, but problem still there:crying::crying::crying:
Maybe something wrong with Kernel?

Try the kernel that I use on my signature... it is working great ;)

Reactions: B.Chatt

live4thamuzik

Dec 28, 2014
West Brookfield
What is the possibility of a fix for this issue coming to the SM-N9600 Hong Kong model? I was linked to this form after posting a question in the root method I used . I am able to install your apk files for the accessory service and galaxy wearable apps but when I open them it says my device is modified.

All of the ROMs and patches I've found on XDA that resolve this issue are only for the N960F/DS.

I am willing to test with my device if anyone is willing to help.

I do have root
Baseband Version: N9600ZCU1ARJ6
Security Patch: October 1, 2018
Magisk v17.1
ROM: DETONATOR_EXTREME_MOD_N9_OREO-8.1_TMO_EFS-CSC

dr.ketan

What is the possibility of a fix for this issue coming to the SM-N9600 Hong Kong model? I was linked to this form after posting a question in the root method I used . I am able to install your apk files for the accessory service and galaxy wearable apps but when I open them it says my device is modified.

All of the ROMs and patches I've found on XDA that resolve this issue are only for the N960F/DS.

I am willing to test with my device if anyone is willing to help.

I do have root
Baseband Version: N9600ZCU1ARJ6
Security Patch: October 1, 2018
Magisk v17.1
ROM: DETONATOR_EXTREME_MOD_N9_OREO-8.1_TMO_EFS-CSC
Read requirement condition in OP

Reactions: live4thamuzik

dr.ketan

thanks for the response.

I did make sure I deleted everything regarding galaxy wearable and the service prior to trying this. I am unsure about the sign hack mod included in rom though. I will keep researching and tinkering.
If it saying your device is modified then likely missing sign hack mode in your ROM.
Modifying apks is not best method and I am no more using this.

Reactions: live4thamuzik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gear Fix for Note 9

As we know recently custom ROM breaking Gear connection and I have fixed it very early with first release of my ROM
    Recently my colleague @geiti94 seek help for this and I have share my apks to help him
    As fair share policy of XDA rules, now it can be used by others as well with proper credits So sharing here my apks which you can use on any N9 ROM. (May be on non TW as well, but not tested)

Requirement

- If you have already Paired then first unpair it from BT settings

- Must uninstall Gear App if you have already Installed (Settings - Apps - Look for Gear wearable, Gear Plugin and Samsung Accessory services and uninstall all). If Gear Wearable Installed as System App then find it and Delete from system first)

- Sign hack mod must included in ROM

Installation :

Download all three apks from below link and Install as regular apk. (it should meets all requirement as said above)

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/x874z62e92zx9/Gear

PS : At presently all apks are latest. If any updates available you can update and if that breaks connection, let me know, I may update packages if requires (Provided samsung haven't patched it again :p )
    Same here ; (

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Even the gear s pluging I cant install. Btw I have gear 2.
    Thanks dr!
    You don't need this on my rom. Simply clean install rom and try connecting with gear. It will Auto install required package from store.
    Hi Doc
    If i put these Apps into the preload folder they should be installed correct while flashing right ?
    It should get install but only if clean installed.
    @drketan
    Inviato dal mio SM-N960F utilizzando Tapatalk
    You can update from store
    Closing this thread as latest Pie have no more this issue. Also to note that there is nothing to do with Root & Gear wearable. Hiding Gear Manager/Plugin/Galaxy app bla bla are just myth. Hiding such app with magisk never needed nor it will fix issue. Gear have never been pairing issue on stock rooted (without hiding anything in magisk).
    Thank all for enjoying mode on Oreo on non supported ROMs.
    @drketan Screenshot_20181020-131924_Chrome.jpeg

Inviato dal mio SM-N960F utilizzando Tapatalk