[Fix] Gear Fix on N9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SuPrX

Jan 13, 2019
I am not angry lol! but you can understand I can not fix that doesn't exist on my ROM, If you try just stock ROM and I believe it should be same like my ROM.
Apk's work only if ROM is having sign hack mode included on ROM you wanted to use. Other than this really I don't have more suggestions sorry!

Hey, @dr.ketan. New here, not so new to android world :) . Sorry for re-opening this subject, but I've recently got the note. I've installed devbase of alexander (I don't jump in a new boat as soon as possible). I used the sign hack (via Xposed and Lucky Patcher). Installed your apks. Just doesn't work. Someone recently could not pair and I ask you as well: Is there something with your ROM? Maybe deodexed or something? Cause in one of your early post, you said to a user that in your rom they only need to pair, not to install something and this is why I think you done something. If it is your work that you cant/want to share, its ok, but at least let us know. U suggested trying stock rom, same. Flashing a custom kernel breaks it. But on your O8, flashing BeastKernel it is perfect. Don't want to get mad, as one user said, but please help us. We don't know what our ROMs are missing

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Hey, @dr.ketan. New here, not so new to android world :) . Sorry for re-opening this subject, but I've recently got the note. I've installed devbase of alexander (I don't jump in a new boat as soon as possible). I used the sign hack (via Xposed and Lucky Patcher). Installed your apks. Just doesn't work. Someone recently could not pair and I ask you as well: Is there something with your ROM? Maybe deodexed or something? Cause in one of your early post, you said to a user that in your rom they only need to pair, not to install something and this is why I think you done something. If it is your work that you cant/want to share, its ok, but at least let us know. U suggested trying stock rom, same. Flashing a custom kernel breaks it. But on your O8, flashing BeastKernel it is perfect. Don't want to get mad, as one user said, but please help us. We don't know what our ROMs are missing
My ROM have plenty of modifications, I have no idea if one of it co-incidentally fix the issue but still I have no reason to believe that one of it fixing this issue. What one possibility is, if other ROMS are using different way of building ROM then it can possible, here I can't say how other developers are making it. But as I have said already, you should wait for Pie because I have heard that Pie have no more Gear issue. And one more thing, no need to make any speculation, If I don't want to share I may have clearly said it and in first place I may not have created this thread in first place, because this thread itself made to help users to use gear with other ROMS, my ROM was pre-fixed with gear since day one.

Gabe2014

Jan 19, 2014
Dr. Any way to update the app and file for pie ? To make it work on other pie roms aswell , thanks on advance

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Closing this thread as latest Pie have no more this issue. Also to note that there is nothing to do with Root & Gear wearable. Hiding Gear Manager/Plugin/Galaxy app bla bla are just myth. Hiding such app with magisk never needed nor it will fix issue. Gear have never been pairing issue on stock rooted (without hiding anything in magisk).
Thank all for enjoying mode on Oreo on non supported ROMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gear Fix for Note 9

As we know recently custom ROM breaking Gear connection and I have fixed it very early with first release of my ROM
    Recently my colleague @geiti94 seek help for this and I have share my apks to help him
    As fair share policy of XDA rules, now it can be used by others as well with proper credits So sharing here my apks which you can use on any N9 ROM. (May be on non TW as well, but not tested)

Requirement

- If you have already Paired then first unpair it from BT settings

- Must uninstall Gear App if you have already Installed (Settings - Apps - Look for Gear wearable, Gear Plugin and Samsung Accessory services and uninstall all). If Gear Wearable Installed as System App then find it and Delete from system first)

- Sign hack mod must included in ROM

Installation :

Download all three apks from below link and Install as regular apk. (it should meets all requirement as said above)

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/x874z62e92zx9/Gear

PS : At presently all apks are latest. If any updates available you can update and if that breaks connection, let me know, I may update packages if requires (Provided samsung haven't patched it again :p )
    Same here ; (

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Even the gear s pluging I cant install. Btw I have gear 2.
    Thanks dr!
    You don't need this on my rom. Simply clean install rom and try connecting with gear. It will Auto install required package from store.
    Hi Doc
    If i put these Apps into the preload folder they should be installed correct while flashing right ?
    It should get install but only if clean installed.
    @drketan
    Inviato dal mio SM-N960F utilizzando Tapatalk
    You can update from store
    Closing this thread as latest Pie have no more this issue. Also to note that there is nothing to do with Root & Gear wearable. Hiding Gear Manager/Plugin/Galaxy app bla bla are just myth. Hiding such app with magisk never needed nor it will fix issue. Gear have never been pairing issue on stock rooted (without hiding anything in magisk).
    Thank all for enjoying mode on Oreo on non supported ROMs.
    @drketan Screenshot_20181020-131924_Chrome.jpeg

Inviato dal mio SM-N960F utilizzando Tapatalk