[FIX] Get Sprint Data To Work On Custom Roms.

Search This thread

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Hi all.

Unfortunately it looks like the other thread was closed and I would like to help out other Sprint users who want to flash custom Roms. The fix should be flashed during initial installation, so:

1. Flash ROM
2. Gapps
3. SU (if necessary)
4. Sprint APN Fix zip

Data is confirmed to work out of the box on the following Roms, meaning there's no need to flash the fix:

CM11 based Roms
Cataclysm
Slimkat
Nitrous
Kangakat
Beergang

I'll update this list as Roms developers add their own fix.

I do not take credit for this as I did not create this zip (Thanks to Motcher41 for creating it). I'm just passing it along to help other Sprint users.

Download:
http://d-h.st/QMi

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jakdillard

Oct 3, 2007
Indianapolis' west side
The fix for data on custom roms is not in the apns file, its adding the missing proprietary need to "authenicate" your device to sprint which runs during the initial setup in the setup wizard. The developers need to add the missing stuff "OmaDmclient.apk" and thats it ....

Last edited:

PaulB007

Dec 31, 2008
Hi all.

Unfortunately it looks like the other thread was closed and I would like to help out other Sprint users who want to flash custom Roms. The fix should be flashed during initial installation, so:

1. Flash ROM
2. Gapps
3. SU (if necessary)
4. Sprint APN Fix zip

Data is confirmed to work out of the box on the following Roms, meaning there's no need to flash the fix:

CM11 based Roms
Cataclysm
Slimkat
Nitrous
Kangakat

I do not take credit for this as I did not create this zip. I'm just passing it along to help other Sprint users.

Download:

After flashing this zip did LTE work for you on ROMs outside of this list?

Reactions: kwaku israel

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
If someone could please test and report back, that would be great as well. I've been using it for a week or so but just want to make sure it's good for everyone else.

Pyrotoast

Apr 25, 2012
The zip has been working fine for me too. You can add beergang to the list of ROMS working out of the box for Sprint data. It rubs smoothly ;)

bigmoneygrip23

May 10, 2011
St. Louis
The zip has been working fine for me too. You can add beergang to the list of ROMS working out of the box for Sprint data. It rubs smoothly ;)

Anyone know if this "Sprint" fix works for Ting users as well? Its an MVNO that uses Sprint towers (includes LTE). Still waiting on my SIM card, but just wondering if i'll be able to flash custom ROMs.

Reactions: bbgun7

cnstarz

Feb 10, 2010
I got my n5 for christmas and i've never had data problems on any of the roms i've installed. o_o

however, i haven't been been able to receive sms messages on anything but the stock rom.

chnzshyguy

Jun 9, 2006
Does this work for non-Nexus 5 devices? I installed a 4.4.2 ROM on my Sprint Galaxy Note 2 and am seeing a similar data activation issue.

misfit0313

Jan 25, 2010
Merrill, WI
With the impending 4.4.3 update and Spark activation, will the APN settings need to be updated? Will the zip in post 1 still be correct?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

G

GuestD0701

Did you flash it right after flashing ROM/GAPPS? The one thing I noticed is that the only way to get it to work is to flash the fix before the first boot. I'm using the fix on Ratakat Rom as we speak.

Me too. RataKat is a no go for us Sprint peeps without this fix. Much tks!!

Sent from my Nexus V

G

GuestD0701

Used this to get data going on 4.4.3 worked great as always. Thanks!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

1. Flash ROM
    2. Gapps
    3. SU (if necessary)
    4. Sprint APN Fix zip

CM11 based Roms
    Cataclysm
    Slimkat
    Nitrous
    Kangakat
    Beergang

I do not take credit for this as I did not create this zip (Thanks to Motcher41 for creating it). I'm just passing it along to help other Sprint users.

Download:

Yes that is key. Flash at the same time. Prl and profile update won't work but its OK.

For Update PRL/Profile to work you need to have both OmaDmclient.apk and UpdateSettings.apk as it looks like the two files rely on each other to complete the process. I've been adding these whenever I flash and am able to update things without an issue. I dont want to make any guarantees, but I've had a very high success rate adding these apks (I grabbed them from the stock Lollipop rom).

Just flash the attached zip in recovery and give it a shot.
    These are the three zip files I gathered throughout this ordeal. The key to getting this to work was getting the EFS partition correct, which I had to do by loading stock Android 5 (something) and backing that partition up, then flashing 6 and 7 depending on when you ask me when I did it. After that, I flashed the old EFS partition from 5 onto the new flash of 6&7. Then I used he MVNO zip. I didn't need the sprint one after that, but I know lots of people did. The profile fix I am just including but I didn't use that so leave it off to the side unless you run into problems.

Hope this helps you out. No malware, no BS.
    The fix for data on custom roms is not in the apns file, its adding the missing proprietary need to "authenicate" your device to sprint which runs during the initial setup in the setup wizard. The developers need to add the missing stuff "OmaDmclient.apk" and thats it ....
    I dont remember exactly which version it was (It may have been the early stages of 5.0.2, but I'd have to scroll through the DU G+ page to see what releases were around that time), all I remember was that it did run solid on Sprint at one point (unless it happened the be the luckiest flash in the world). But to be honest, @NYCHitman1 showed us a ton of love by trying to fix the problem over about 2 months worth of releases. I dont know if he's finally given up or not, but that's a pretty valiant effort in my book and I dont blame him if he did stop trying. It's really not worth the headache.

Dreaming of the day that my Sprint contract is over.......

Unfortunately, I did give up. It was giving me the most incredible headache for something that I don't have control over - not to mention the fact that I couldn't even test it myself as I do not use Sprint as my carrier.

Personally, I didn't see the benefit to continue doing it mostly because it affects an incredibly small margin of DU users and if someone needs to continually refresh their data profiles when they run custom ROM's on a Nexus device - I think that says a lot about the carrier itself.