[FIX] Gingerbread incall and tts volume fixes

Search This thread

ljbrenes

Feb 10, 2011
MI
I have found a fix for two things that were really bothering me since I went from Froyo to Gingerbread: the incall volume while using the speakerphone and also the tts volume like when getting navigation instructions.

In order to fix the incall volume you need to install an app called Volume+. You can download the premium version for free here: http://androidaudiohacks.com/home/volume-gingerbread
[/B][/COLOR]
Once you download this app, go into the settings and select INCALL [EXPERIMENTAL] and then set the volume steps to 40. This is not supposed to fix the volume but it actually does. You will notice much much higher volume when using the speakerphone during a call now. You might have to be rooted to do this. Sometimes you also need to lower the volume one click and then click up again for the volume to get loud.

In order to fix the tts volume, install an app called SVOX CLASSIC here: https://market.android.com/details?...?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5zdm94LmNsYXNzaWMiXQ..

The app itself is free. Once installed you can select from dozens of different voices in many different languages. Once you download and install the voice (I recommend US Grace) then you can go into the voice settings and increase the volume. You also need to make Svox your default TTS engine, that is under the phone settings, then VOICE INPUT & OUTPUT.

The voice files are like $2 but you can install a one week trial. Once you do this, you will have no issues hearing navigation instructions even at highway speeds and with the radio on. An added benefit is that these voices are much more natural imo, well worth the money. You can also set the pitch and speed at what the voice talks to you.

I hope this helps many of you that like me might have been frustrated with the low volume levels during incall and navigation in these great Gingerbread ROMS our amazing developers have been cooking for us.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lord dredd

FJRSport

Jun 7, 2011
York, PA
Many random fc's and delays. Uninstalled and reflashed 1.11.4 without the above suggestions and all seems well.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
Has anyone had these issues since the very early GB releases? All these issues have been fixed for a while. Or am I missing something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have found a fix for two things that were really bothering me since I went from Froyo to Gingerbread: the incall volume while using the speakerphone and also the tts volume like when getting navigation instructions.

In order to fix the incall volume you need to install an app called Volume+. You can download the premium version for free here: http://androidaudiohacks.com/home/volume-gingerbread
    [/B][/COLOR]
    Once you download this app, go into the settings and select INCALL [EXPERIMENTAL] and then set the volume steps to 40. This is not supposed to fix the volume but it actually does. You will notice much much higher volume when using the speakerphone during a call now. You might have to be rooted to do this. Sometimes you also need to lower the volume one click and then click up again for the volume to get loud.

In order to fix the tts volume, install an app called SVOX CLASSIC here: https://market.android.com/details?...?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5zdm94LmNsYXNzaWMiXQ..

The app itself is free. Once installed you can select from dozens of different voices in many different languages. Once you download and install the voice (I recommend US Grace) then you can go into the voice settings and increase the volume. You also need to make Svox your default TTS engine, that is under the phone settings, then VOICE INPUT & OUTPUT.

The voice files are like $2 but you can install a one week trial. Once you do this, you will have no issues hearing navigation instructions even at highway speeds and with the radio on. An added benefit is that these voices are much more natural imo, well worth the money. You can also set the pitch and speed at what the voice talks to you.

I hope this helps many of you that like me might have been frustrated with the low volume levels during incall and navigation in these great Gingerbread ROMS our amazing developers have been cooking for us.

Thanks.