How To Guide Fix Google Wallet "security requirements" by spoofing fingerprint (rooted)

Search This thread
That worked thank you very much guys! Will the fingerprint have any unexpected side effects though such as issues with updating?
There don't seem to be many issues reported from spoofing your device fingerprint. The benefit of the workaround being developed as part of USNF is that it will only spoof your fingerprint for the Play Services apk, which should mean there are no side effects for other apps. I'll update this thread when it's merged by the devs.

Reactions: Speedy15928
Hi all. I've tried to do this on my OnePlus 9 (LE2110) Chinese model and it didn't work. I tried setting to the Poco fingerprint like Eu suggested to no avail. This is the one model that's not on the verified list. I'm running LineageOS 19.1 to avoid ColorOS. Any suggestions?

AlexKaminia

Aug 29, 2022
Hey, I'm having an issue with the cts profile failure, google play not certified etc. I've been following those steps multiple times exactly, but i got nothing. I have a Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro device, says my model is nexus 6P (don't know how to change that, thought it should be by fingerprint spoofing). If you can help and want any more info on my rom/device info let me know. Thanks.

Oh and google play services keep getting unchecked from denylist with every reboot for some reason.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm having an issue with the cts profile failure, google play not certified etc. I've been following those steps multiple times exactly, but i got nothing. I have a Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro device, says my model is nexus 6P (don't know how to change that, thought it should be by fingerprint spoofing). If you can help and want any more info on my rom/device info let me know. Thanks.

Have you tried the USNF mod instead of spoofing the fingerprint manually?

naren12

Aug 15, 2015
Thank you it works like a charm.

Device: samsung z flip 3 - Android 12
Fp used: same mentioned by op: Poco f2 pro europe a10

Last edited:
Reactions: aricooperdavis

Zezinas

Sep 24, 2022
I am using Realme X2 Pro + Lineage OS 19.1 + Magisk 25.2 + android 12 (API 32)
if I spof the fingerprint to the POCO phone doesnt pass CTS profile match
(Google wallet used to work fine with just Zydisk + denylist + magisk hide props + universal safety net fix, but after 09/22 tap to pay no longer works)
any ideas what to do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It worked on OnePlus Nord 2. So thanks!
    Expert Summary
    The fingerprint for the POCO F2 Pro Europe (10) that is shipped with MHPC allows the POCO M4 Pro to pass the new Play Integrity check, fixing Google Wallet etc.

Symptoms
    This might be relevant for you if you have rooted your phone and can no longer pay or add cards using Google Wallet or Google Pay. You may see a message in the app telling you that your "Phone doesn't meet security requirements". You may also notice that you can't find Netflix in the Google Play Store.

Background
    In the arms race of detecting/hiding rooted devices Google has stepped it up a notch and now uses hardware backed attestation in its Play Integrity API. The long and short of this is that we can no longer rely solely on the Magisk DenyList and the Universal SafetyNet Fix Magisk module to hide root from apps.

There is currently a workaround - we can "spoof" the device fingerprint of a device that doesn't support hardware backed attestation (i.e. a device running Android 10 or lower), thereby falling back on the basicIntegrity attestation of the SafetyNet API that we can circumvent using the tools mentioned above.

This will get Google Wallet working, cause Netflix to appear back in the Play Store, etc.

---
    NOTE: An update to USNF does this spoofing for you in the background. It's not been merged yet so you'll have to download the release from this forum post, but keep an eye on it, as it'll be a better option for many users than spoofing your device fingerprint globally.
    ---

Instructions
    These instructions are suitable for a freshly rooted device. If you have already been hiding root from apps then you can probably skip to the "Spoof device fingerprint" step.
    • Enforce DenyList
      • Tap Magisk -> Settings icon
      • Toggle Zygisk on
      • Toggle Enforce DenyList on
      • Tap Configure DenyList
        • Check Google Play Store and whatever app you're trying to hide root from, e.g. Google Wallet
    • Install USNF and MHPC
    • (Optional) Check that USNF passes
      • Download and install the latest YASNAC (app)
      • Open the app and tap Run SafetyNet Attestation
      • Check that Basic integrity passes. If it doesn't pass then the rest of this guide won't work - ask for help here.
    • Spoof device fingerprint
      • Connect your phone to your computer and run adb shell OR install a terminal emulator (e.g. Termux)
      • In the shell run the following:
        • su - gives the shell root powers
        • props - runs MHPC
        • 1 - edit device fingerprint
        • f - Pick a certified fingerprint
          • You may want to make a note of your device fingerprint in case you need to reset it later
        • 22 - POCO
        • 1 - POCO F2 Pro Europe (10)
          • I am in Europe so have tested this with a European fingerprint. You may want to experiment with other options but note that they must be Android 10 (noted in the brackets), and they are untested by me.
        • y - confirm selection
        • y - reboot now
    • Clear app caches and reboot
      • Tap Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps
      • Tap Google Play Store -> Clear data -> Clear all data
        • Note: if you have a Wear OS smartwatch then clearing the Google Play Store cache will mean you have to fully reset it in order to reconnect it to your phone. Unfortunately this is unavoidable!
      • Repeat for Google Wallet
      • Tap Google Play services -> Clear data -> Manage space -> CLEAR ALL DATA
      • Reboot your phone
    And that's it - you should now be able to use Google Wallet as normal, find Netflix in the Play Store, and so on. At least until Google workaround our workaround 🙃

If you're trying to hide root from a new App all you should have to do is add it to the DenyList (first step) and clear its cache and reboot (last step)
    @aricooperdavis I think your thread should get way more exposure than simply being a subthread under
    Perhaps you can request moving it to a general section? (like the Magisk forum with a bunch of Google Pay-related threads).

You could also put more keywords in the title, or as keywords of the thread itself....

Just some ideas ;)

P.S. I did all this on a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (Android 12) + Galaxy Watch 4
    I attempted to add every wear* and watch* apps on Denylist, and rebooted, but still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

I've read that you have to re-set up your watch from scratch if you clear Play Store cache. I think it was this guy. Sorry, I don't have any experience with these watches.

I've read that you have to re-set up your watch from scratch if you clear Play Store cache. I think it was this guy. Sorry, I don't have any experience with these watches.

Exactly :) I didn't know that it was caused by cleaning Play Store data, but I simply thought of giving the full reset a try, and indeed it worked.

Thanks!