• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[fix]GPS_FIX (last updated 10.02.2017)

Search This thread

difr

Feb 20, 2012
Tambov
tribute to xda.

for LOS, RR, AOKP, MoKee, Bliss (and all others cm13 based zwliew's forks).

bug: gnss status is "no fix". always.
also fix gps-reboot issue, user reported here https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70975715&postcount=26
info: https://www.maptoaster.com/maptoaster-topo-nz/articles/how-gps-works/how-gps-works.html

to fix:
twrp -> install zip -> "GPS_FIX-cm13.zip" -> reboot.
(backup your "system" partition before patching. for safety.)

update:
problem is localized. only one lib need to be replaced.
0. (!!!only for those, who have installed "GPS_FIX-cm13.zip") install "GPS_FIX_undo-cm13.zip" (no need to reboot after)
1. install "GPS_FIX1-cm13.zip"
2. reboot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170206-191304.png
    Screenshot_20170206-191304.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 2,917
  • GPS_FIX-cm13.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 4,371
  • GPS_FIX_undo-cm13.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,739
  • GPS_FIX1-cm13.zip
    385.3 KB · Views: 3,210
Last edited:

lcarolo

Nov 9, 2011
keyword "fix" here
https://www.maptoaster.com/maptoaster-topo-nz/articles/how-gps-works/how-gps-works.html
there was no gps fix in cm13. its bug.
and yes, i think it should improve battery (not tested).
So if I don't have the 'fix' , my GPS app is using the network to localise me, not the GPS ? True ?
So it's less accurate and maybe the system continuously search the GPS 'fix' ...
Will try it ... ;)
OK, patch installed over lineage from fedosis
Before, no satellite
After, signal from satellites OK
Will see tomorrow if the road is easier :p

Last edited:

aveemashfaq

Jul 27, 2012
warangal
My stock GPS works fine. I flashed MIUI latest developer version and official lineage 14.1 nightly on top of it and all is well. I get lock in a minute or so even if the data is turned off.

Doman

Jan 13, 2007
I've been using RR (based on CM13) on Redmi 3S and Mokee on Redmi 3 Pro. Never installed any GPS patches, yet the GPS apps works just fine (I use Google Maps, Sygic, Here and some family locator apps).

GPS Status says "No fix", altough I see satelites, I see accuracy (3-4m indoor right now), and I have "First Fix Time" (so do I have fix or not, dear app ☺️).

How is that possible I don't experience problems with GPS people do?

851788fbdb8ac77ae2ced60a8fce7596.jpg

657ce3983aa48dd8fe0c68464b8559e1.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tribute to xda.

for LOS, RR, AOKP, MoKee, Bliss (and all others cm13 based zwliew's forks).

bug: gnss status is "no fix". always.
    also fix gps-reboot issue, user reported here https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=70975715&postcount=26
    info: https://www.maptoaster.com/maptoaster-topo-nz/articles/how-gps-works/how-gps-works.html

to fix:
    twrp -> install zip -> "GPS_FIX-cm13.zip" -> reboot.
    (backup your "system" partition before patching. for safety.)

update:
    problem is localized. only one lib need to be replaced.
    0. (!!!only for those, who have installed "GPS_FIX-cm13.zip") install "GPS_FIX_undo-cm13.zip" (no need to reboot after)
    1. install "GPS_FIX1-cm13.zip"
    2. reboot.
    @jmmigo, fedosis makes LOS releases often. he will include this last one in next release (by the way, there must be big proprietary update).
    but if you dont want to wait and use his release with gps fix, then your case is "for those, who have installed "GPS_FIX-cm13.zip"".
    unbelievable

Holy carp, the GPS_FIX1-cm13.zip attached in the first post of this thread solved my two week long search for the mystery that was seemingly randomly soft-rebooting my phone.
    But you see... tis a good 'ol LG L70 MS323 (w5) that came out more than 3 yrs ago. Still going strong and thks to Vasy i've been running the lineageOS 15 (Oreo) - unofficial.

I had finally narrowed it down to it occuring while accessing the GPS or thereabouts but since this phone has been through the wringer i figured it might be a bad sensor by now. Too many Gs on the GPS sensor or whatnot, and it also has a nice glass fractal screen which has never once affected the still silky touch capabillities (presumable enhanced by Oreos quicker pace altogether).

Anyway, came across this thread, copied the file over in a root enabled explorer after backing up the old one, and haven't looked back since.
    $30 phone, android 8, twice the battery life as 7, and a quarter of the boot time. Some of the notification features take a bit of getting used to (or rid of) but overall i like it a lot, and even better now that iT fixed :cool:

thankS again XDA community for all hat you do!
    @aaopt, just downdated some vendor blobs, better to say.
    i've no info about other devices, sorry.
    but only one thing - names of these libs look very similar :)
    my gps work fine with out pack fix. i use hexagon rom (i only use gps)
    people @ 4pda say that hexagon dont have gps fix.
    but it's fine, if your gps works fine without fix :)

this is for those, who wants more fine :)