• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FIX] Low And Metallic Voice In Call And Recordings

Search This thread

OpIcarus

Jul 9, 2016
*I am not responsible for bricked devices

I've been having problems with the microphone for a long time, metallic voice in the calls, recording (like Whatsapp and Messanger and camera) very low and distorted. I replaced my microphone with a new one, I did not investigate if the microphone was faulty or my output of mob was faulty, but the problem was not solved. My problem is from the time of cm11 44s, only in this way I can perfectly use my microphone with any rom I flash.

This modification definitely fix the low mic issue on call.
Do not flash these zip for ROM based on OxygenOs.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE: I recommend using the latest TWRP and do Nandroid Backup (for safety),In case the fix gives some problems, restore the backup.

1. Flash zip version (All roms/Oreo)
2. Wipe Cache and Dalvik (Optional )
3. Reboot

For any problem:
Contact Telegram
@OpIcarus

Contributors

@OpIcarus
@Silvered

Version Information

Created 2018-03-01

P.S. Do not call me a dev. :silly:

Attachments

• MicFix.zip
    129.7 KB · Views: 817
  • MicFixOREO.zip
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,224
Last edited:

Karut

May 18, 2016

I've been having problems with the microphone for a long time, metallic voice in the calls, recording (like Whatsapp and Messanger and camera) very low and distorted. I replaced my microphone with a new one, I did not investigate if the microphone was faulty or my mother's output was faulty, but the problem was not solved. My problem is from the time of cm11 44s, only in this way I can perfectly use my microphone with any rom I flash.

NOTE: I recommend using the latest TWRP and do Nandroid Backup (for safety),In case the fix gives some problems, restore the backup.

3. Reboot

For any problem:
Contact Telegram
@OpIcarus

Contributors

@OpIcarus
@Silvered

Version Information

Created 2018-03-01

What changes are applied? How does this differ from other fixes?

Karut

May 18, 2016
several changes in mixer_paths.xml and audio_platform_info.xml

Additionally to the standard changes?

Code:
ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=fluence to ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=none
/system/etc/audio_platform_info.xml: <device name="SND_DEVICE_IN_HANDSET_MIC" acdb_id="40" /> to <device name="SND_DEVICE_IN_HANDSET_MIC" acdb_id="4" />
mixer_paths.xml: DEC4 value from 84 to 92?

Because these help only somewhat...

OpIcarus

Jul 9, 2016

yes, even the change to build.prop, I forgot I'm sorry. In addition, I often modified only that value by bringing it from 40 to 4, for a period I solved and the problem presented itself again. To see all the values ​​changed, open the file mixer_path and audio_platform with wordpad, and compare to the original, the file I modified it long ago and tested for months, I do not remember all the changed values

Reactions: david72262

OpIcarus

Jul 9, 2016
for those who still have problems after the flash
1)-Use MiXplorer app
2)-go to root/system/etc for KK/LP/mm users

*FOR OREO USERS*
-go to root/system/vendor/etc

3)Copy the files

4) Go to build.prop and:
'ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=fluence' to 'none'

Attachments

• mixer_paths.xml
    34.4 KB · Views: 173
  • audio_platform_info.xml
    3.2 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: abadasstanker69

Adithya R

Nice... You worked out all those changes on your own ? If yes then you must be called a dev... :D

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

1)-Use MiXplorer app

*FOR OREO USERS*

3)Copy the files

4) Go to build.prop and:
Soon (maybe already) in oreo ROMs, ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype will be changed to ro.vendor.audio.sdk.fluencetype, because CAF is moving to vendor prefixes for their system props (in fact in MSM8916 audio HAL it has already been changed and I've pushed it to LAOS Gerrit: https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/210875/) So msm8974 (our SOC) might follow suit as well...

Last edited:

OpIcarus

Jul 9, 2016
Nice... You worked out all those changes on your own ? If yes then you must be called a dev... :D

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Soon (maybe already) in oreo ROMs, ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype will be changed to ro.vendor.audio.sdk.fluencetype, because CAF is moving to vendor prefixes for their system props (in fact in MSM8916 audio HAL it has already been changed and I've pushed it to LAOS Gerrit: https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/210875/) So msm8974 (our SOC) might follow suit as well...
Thx man :)

OpIcarus

Jul 9, 2016
I think I have to review the zip, the manual replacement works better, I do not know why

FIRST AND AFTER THE FIX

Attachments

• IMG_20180405_214955.jpg
    IMG_20180405_214955.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 265
Reactions: Adithya R

stranostrano

Mar 1, 2008
Caserta
1)-Use MiXplorer app

*FOR OREO USERS*

3)Copy the files

4) Go to build.prop and:

Hi,
due to Oreo change, I think that in build.prop, in place of "ro.qc.sdk.audio.fluencetype=none" you'll have to place "ro.vendor.audio.sdk.fluencetype=none".
have fun. ....always!

Reactions: OpIcarus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've been having problems with the microphone for a long time, metallic voice in the calls, recording (like Whatsapp and Messanger and camera) very low and distorted. I replaced my microphone with a new one, I did not investigate if the microphone was faulty or my output of mob was faulty, but the problem was not solved. My problem is from the time of cm11 44s, only in this way I can perfectly use my microphone with any rom I flash.

3. Reboot

For any problem:
    Contact Telegram
    @OpIcarus

Contributors

@OpIcarus
    @Silvered

Version Information

Created 2018-03-01

I had this problem just for phone calls (not recording) and with MicFixOreo everything works again now! Thank you very much for this
    I had this problem just for phone calls (not recording) and with MicFixOreo everything works again now! Thank you very much for this

I am glad to help u!
    Remember the thanks to the thread if i help u ?
    What changes are applied? How does this differ from other fixes?

yes, even the change to build.prop, I forgot I'm sorry. In addition, I often modified only that value by bringing it from 40 to 4, for a period I solved and the problem presented itself again. To see all the values ​​changed, open the file mixer_path and audio_platform with wordpad, and compare to the original, the file I modified it long ago and tested for months, I do not remember all the changed values