[Fix] multi touch/ghost touch issue

Search This thread

okaraosp29

Apr 23, 2014
Those who don't know there are some people having ghost touch issues on POCO f1 and one guy able to capture it on the video. I personally didn't had the issue but after trying I was able to recreate the issue on my device. soon after I found the cause and able to fix the issue. this may or may not work on your device but absolutely worked for me. this seems to be a software bug. and no-one needs to panic. hopefully it will be fixed in next update.

how to recreate the issue?

Steps
1. download a multi touch tester app I used this
2. first do some testing yourself see if you can spot the issue
3. now do 3 finger swipe down (phone will take screenshot)
4. now randomly touch your screen with 1 or 2 fingers you'll notice 1 or 2 ghost touches.

How to fix Fix it?

Steps
1. go to settings>additional settings>button and gesture shortcuts>take a screenshot
2. and set it to none.
3. reboot

that's it!
the issue should be fixed

please let me know whether this worked for you or not

sayHello21

Aug 29, 2018
Hyderabad
Those who don't know there are some people having ghost touch issues on POCO f1 and one guy able to capture it on the video. I personally didn't had the issue but after trying I was able to recreate the issue on my device. soon after I found the cause and able to fix the issue. this may or may not work on your device but absolutely worked for me. this seems to be a software bug. and no-one needs to panic. hopefully it will be fixed in next update.

Steps
4. now randomly touch your screen with 1 or 2 fingers you'll notice 1 or 2 ghost touches.

How to fix Fix it?

Steps
1. go to settings>additional settings>button and gesture shortcuts>take a screenshot
2. and set it to none.
3. reboot

that's it!

Good stuff. I was skeptical at first since I knew something was off sometimes. Thanks for confirming it. Should be fixed if they took notice of this bug.

Mohit12

Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai
Thanks! The issue is 100% reproducible with the app. By turning off 3 finger screenshot shortcut, the issue goes away.

kapilathi

Feb 11, 2014
Guys, please file a bug, so this can be fixed and we can go back to using this feature.

shailendra1993

Apr 21, 2012
OnePlus 7
1.Yes, that issue is due to the screenshot feature, but shouldn't the phone be able to distinguish between 3 finger touch and more than 3? Either take screenshot on four finger swipe or register it.

2.Can you please confirm if there is accuracy problem in PUBG aiming when you use multitouch? Like the multitouch bugs in Pixel and Zenfone Max Pro but quite subtle, the thing about the other devices are, they look and have been acknowledged by the respective companies regarding the issue but in our case, Xiaomi or Poco is making no announcement or anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5K2N6McC_s

Last edited:
Reactions: usamaiqbal1177

sanjay0501

Apr 25, 2007
The issue comes up after taking a 3 finger screenshot, but disabling may not be the only solution as this feature is quite useful also

What I have noticed is that after taking screenshot ghost touch is there till we use 1,2 or 3 fingers. Once we use 4, 5 or higher fingers the issue goes away.
Isn't it better to just touch screen with 4 fingers after taking a screenshot which somehow resets the ghost touch issue.
Have tried this solution with multi touch tester app

raj7749

Jan 15, 2012
Palghar
Xiaomi Mi A2
OnePlus 7T Pro
Okay, show me how this affects your usage of phone. Don't show me on touch testing apps. Show me a real use problem.
lol.. i don't need to prove to you anything about this, don't care wht u think.

However ill tell for the benefits of the others, it was effecting me while playing games.. specially RPG games where multitouch is heavily use. I was seeing weird behaviours sometimes, when selecting troops.. thts how i came to know :)

Last edited:

GizmoFreak

Dec 9, 2010
New Delhi
phonebatao.com

However ill tell for the benefits of the others, it was effecting me while playing games.. specially RPG games where multitouch is heavily use. I was seeing weird behaviours sometimes, when selecting troops.. thts how i came to know :)

Okay, please record a video of you playing and of course don't show me but share for the benefit of the community.

Reactions: florantepalojr

$hivaM Manav

Jun 26, 2014
Razhok'

Exactly! There is no need to prove this issue because Google itself confirms that they have done a mistake by releasing it in Oreo and they have also promised to give a fix in later Pie updates. And people who wants proofs can look up in the internet about the "Multi touch Oreo Bug" problem and how it effects user experience rather than spamming here to make a point.

Last edited:

shailendra1993

Apr 21, 2012
OnePlus 7
Exactly! There is no need to prove this issue because Google itself confirms that they have done a mistake by releasing it in Oreo and they have also promised to give a fix in later Pie updates. And people who wants proofs can look up in the internet about the "Multi touch Oreo Bug" problem and how it effects user experience rather than spamming here to make a point.

Dude, google fixed the issue in the May or June patch and all other OEM's had to merge their builds to fix it. The problem is not there in MiA1 or MiA2.

Here is the bug:
http://en.miui.com/thread-3746297-1-1.html

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Steps

How to fix Fix it?

Steps
    2. and set it to none.
    3. reboot

that's it!

The issue comes up after taking a 3 finger screenshot, but disabling may not be the only solution as this feature is quite useful also

What I have noticed is that after taking screenshot ghost touch is there till we use 1,2 or 3 fingers. Once we use 4, 5 or higher fingers the issue goes away.
    Isn't it better to just touch screen with 4 fingers after taking a screenshot which somehow resets the ghost touch issue.
    Have tried this solution with multi touch tester app
    Stop it! This is not an issue. It happens on mostly every phone that supports gestures. Test it on OnePlus 6 and you will get the same result.
    Don't now if anyone already posted but this is the way to give Xiaomi feedback on poco touch problems

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSceLrZL5XOe3MZrFdXZCI6Ntkbko6zfcEPc6gPXuwldWlCLIw/viewform