• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[FIX][Oversharpening][All Variants] Stock kernel with oversharpening fix.

Search This thread

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
Many of you know exactly what "oversharpening" is... for those who not, just google "g3 oversharpening" or check this article.

After hours spent trying almost everything i finally managed to remove that. Check in the 2nd thread to see the difference.

Here you go... just flash the kernel in recovery but remember to make a backup of the boot partition before, just in case it will not works.

Remember... the only weird thing is that you have to turn off the screen and then on again to make it works. Just the 1st time after the boot.

DOWNLOADS:

D855 Kitkat Lollipop

D851 Kitkat

D850 Kitkat

LS990 Kitkat

F400 Kitkat

VS985 Kitkat

D852 Kitkat

...i'm currently building for all the variants

Of course, tell me what you think.

Like always... DONATIONS are wellcome!!!

Lollipop Source
Kitkat Source
tnx to @Tectas for the kernel source

Last edited:

xocomaox

Aug 18, 2008
Orlando, FL
Reactions: 318sugarhill

hochoch

Dec 20, 2010
Google Pixel 3
Moto G Power
Um, I thought it was 12b actually. I was running this for a while before switching to the SkyDragon kernel.

Not as far as I can tell. The kernel was uploaded on 11/24. 12B came out on or after 12/5: http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-g3-update-brings-advanced-calling-verizon-customers

not sure if 12b kernel is needed to get advanced calling to work or not, I've never been able to make it work for me. The build date of the stock kernel for 12b is October '14 if I remember so they may not have even made any updates to it, not sure what the build date/number of 11C was. So there really may not even be a need to update this one, but we always want to be on the latest hotness right?!? :cyclops:

Top Liked Posts