[Fix/Patch] Flashable Call Audio Fix for T/W8 devices on Int' ROMS (920 F/I/K)

Search This thread

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Flashable fix for call audio that is kernel independent and will patch International based ROMS to work on your T/W8 variant.

You still need a kernel that is T/W8 compatible flashed for this patch to work.
Code:
You can get it [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952614440"][B]Here[/B][/URL] for 5.0.2
And you can get it [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347831878"]Here[/URL] for 5.1.1
Updated 5.1.1 package to BOI6

This patch can also be implemented by ROM builders who wish to build a F based rom for their T or W8 devices Just remember to give credit where it is due. This was a bigger pain in the butt to track down then it appears.
Let me know if you find any issues that may be relative to the fix. Tested and working by my self and a few others.

Last edited:

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
This patch can also be implemented by ROM builders who wish to build a F based rom for their T or W8 devices. In that regard it *should* also work on Edge variants as well.

Rom builders: you can also use this to build a truly universal ROM one flash to cover it all.

Download my kernel and examine its structure. specificallt look at the scripts that probe device variant and then copy the required files and kernel. You can adapt this to work the other way . But always run it *at the end* of the installation script so anything it patches does not get overwritten by your usual installer code

Last edited:

Maqical

Jun 5, 2012
Works great tried a rom earlier. Know any ways to port wifi calling to an international rom tho?
I get really ****ty service at home.

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Works great tried a rom earlier. Know any ways to port wifi calling to an international rom tho?
I get really ****ty service at home.

i could probably get it working if my carrier wasn't archaic and supported it them selves lol sorry :( i can ask a few of my other dev biddies and get some heads together possibly.

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
That is up to the ROM guys.

Everyone.....I may have misses a variant , I thought I got them all. So there is also an A for att?

I'll have to patch up the kernel for that we should also be able to support it.

Gav, the A is a T/W8 variant but has a locked bootloader. don't waste your time they cannot flash kernels. But thy can flash roms and my fix will work ;) since they will be on a stock kernel. well *work* hopefully lol

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Ive noticed that flashing either the full kernel with the fix or just the fix itself ontop of ktoonez's kernel, my device doesnt enter deep sleep. I did a test where i just reflashed ktoonez's kernel without the fix and sure enough the device enters deep sleep again.

In better battery stats Android is at the top of Alarms with android.content.syncmanager.SYNC_ALARM having all the wakeups.

I'd try chearing caches possible. as i have been flashing non stop for the past 12 days on the simpl kernel and my fix and have always verified deep sleep is working and it is as it should.

darkjedi

Jun 7, 2005
Denver
I've tried this on the G925T (The TMo S6 Edge), but it didn't seem to work with ktoonz kernel. Not complaining, just letting you know. Thanks for your hard work and assistance (both of you).

*Edit*

Installed Simpl Kernel with this mod and it worked. I'm using XtreStoLite ROM, but didn't work with ktoonz at all (with the fix). Flashing Simpl with with the fix worked just fine. Still need to get used to the Intl ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: osmosizzz

RFrancis

Sep 9, 2010
My apologies beforehand, would you mind clarifying what this patch allows us to do. Can we patch Roms from other providers, I'm just a little confused.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashable fix for call audio that is kernel independent and will patch International based ROMS to work on your T/W8 variant.

You still need a kernel that is T/W8 compatible flashed for this patch to work.
    Code:
    You can get it [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952614440"][B]Here[/B][/URL] for 5.0.2
    And you can get it [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347831878"]Here[/URL] for 5.1.1
    Updated 5.1.1 package to BOI6

This patch can also be implemented by ROM builders who wish to build a F based rom for their T or W8 devices Just remember to give credit where it is due. This was a bigger pain in the butt to track down then it appears.
    Let me know if you find any issues that may be relative to the fix. Tested and working by my self and a few others.
    this patch goes hand in hand with the above as well. will fix GPS with AOE3 based kernels >> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952608763

again feel free to rip / implement it as you see fit
    This patch can also be implemented by ROM builders who wish to build a F based rom for their T or W8 devices. In that regard it *should* also work on Edge variants as well.

Rom builders: you can also use this to build a truly universal ROM one flash to cover it all.

Download my kernel and examine its structure. specificallt look at the scripts that probe device variant and then copy the required files and kernel. You can adapt this to work the other way . But always run it *at the end* of the installation script so anything it patches does not get overwritten by your usual installer code
    Tried the 5.1.1 audio patch on the S6 Edge plus Rom but it didn't work. I have the latest echo kernel v2.5. I have the 925T.

Your the God damn man. Now if we can get it deodexed and xposed running I can switch

Try this guys. It's working for me. Remember you need to flash a kernel that's for your device as well. the S6E+ kernel will not work proper on our devices.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347796733

Do the F S6/E guys need patching too or just us w8/t guys?
    I guess my quick fix *did* work after all!

Don't forget to use a compatible kernel (i.e. stock rooted with supersu)

All credit goes to @-Mr. X- -- I merely repackaged the same files with new versions.

Enjoy