Fix performance issue in emulator

Search This thread

amdultra

Jan 8, 2012
Hi Guys , i need tips in fixing performance issue im lg v30 the cpu performance is throttling quite heavily in stock oreo that emulator performance is dropping and can not run games full speed while s8 with same snapdragom processor run the emulator full speed. Any tips ro improve this? I already get the tutorial to update gpu driver here to v313 The stock gpu driver in oreo is horribel using very old gpu driver

From the look of it the stock kernel max speed is 1900mhz and even that it move fasly up and down throttling heavily,any alternative to stock kernel or info about the stock kernel gorvenor?

Last edited:

immns

• Nov 12, 2016
    Yogyakarta, ID
    Realme 6
    Realme 7
    I have t-mobile variant and it does run constantly at 1.9ghz on little cores, but BIG cores run varying from 2.1 to 2.4ghz. The only emulator i'm using right now are Retroarch64 and ppsspp it's all running well at 30fps. Some refurbished V30 doesn't have heat pipe inside for better cooling, it may throttle cpu during certain workloads AND actually not all SD835 work similar, some device might better or worse depends on thermal regulation, or android optimization.

Mayersdz

Nov 4, 2017
    lg got the worst score 164k antutu for me compared to normal 200k snapdragon 835 , this phone got high end cpu with midrange performance what a waste

amdultra

Jan 8, 2012
    I have t-mobile variant and it does run constantly at 1.9ghz on little cores, but BIG cores run varying from 2.1 to 2.4ghz. The only emulator i'm using right now are Retroarch64 and ppsspp it's all running well at 30fps. Some refurbished V30 doesn't have heat pipe inside for better cooling, it may throttle cpu during certain workloads AND actually not all SD835 work similar, some device might better or worse depends on thermal regulation, or android optimization.

How to know? I got the us998 version but dont know if its ref or not? The problem is on dolphin emulator, the ppsspp does run full speed

immns

• Nov 12, 2016
    Yogyakarta, ID
    Realme 6
    Realme 7
    How to know? I got the us998 version but dont know if its ref or not? The problem is on dolphin emulator, the ppsspp does run full speed

how to know what? you can see cpu stats on EX Kernel Manager, maybe kernelauditor as well. It's true that little cluster could only go as far as 1900 not more, but big cluster can go up to 2,45ghz as listed on 835's specs. I don't know, maybe bloated software could have some impact too. have you tried using custom rom? some say it'll improve much in gaming performance. it's worth a shot (few shots i guess, since there are many of them :laugh:).

amdultra

Jan 8, 2012
    Wantrd to ubl but i need to backup things, will inform later on the thread. Thingkjng to sell the devices for poco or note 8 but i love the features on this devices so much !