• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[FIX] Rooting Of Galaxy Grand GT-I9082

Search This thread

pr0t0c0l

Aug 19, 2013
Originally posted by Chotu222 and KSHHH

In this thread I am not going to show you how to root your GT-I9082. This post is for those buddies who are not able to get the Custom CWM Recovery Mode even after properly flashing the CWM via Odin.

Okay! So now to begin with - first of all download the "Fix-Recovery.zip" from the link given below and place it in your ext. sd card (Remember it should be external memory and not the phone memory). Now, this time when you flash your CWM via Odin do not check the "Auto Reboot". After the CWM gets flashed and you see the word PASS in your Odin just remove the battery from your phone and now enter the CWM Recovery Mode.
Now in the CWM Recovery Mode install the zip "Fix-Recovery.zip" by choosing "install zip from sd card". Now also install "UPDATE-SuperSu-v1.25.zip". Now reboot your phone.

Thats all. I hope you have successfully installed the CWM Recovery and rooted your phone!

Senior Developers as this is my first thread i thought of posting a revised thread in a detailed form. Please comment below to guide me if I went wrong somewhere.

:good::good::good:Hit Thanks If I Helped:good::good::good:

Download Fix-Recovery.zip from here.
Download UPDATE-SuperSu-v1.25.zip from here.

Credits:

Chotu222
KSHHH
XDA
Samsung

Hi
I followed the steps but when I tries to install the zip's from sd card it says signature validation failed and my phone reboots.
Even after installing CWM my phone boots into stock recovery. A dead android mono comes and says no command and then automatically applies csc mode and boots into stock recovery.
Can you please suggest how to change stock recovery to CWM
I have 4.2.2 android.
Thanks

Reactions: thiruanand

styltycun

Jun 5, 2014
hiiii

Dear Sir

i followed your above mathod. but when i tryed to go to CWM recovery by pressing volume up+ home+ power.
my phone gets stuck at samsung logo. i waited for 10 min. but my phone could not land into cwm recovery. only samsung logo appears. i used philz touch recovery 6.8 and odin 3.09 and 3.7. plz give me any solution.
my phone details are GT I9082 Android 4.1.2 base band version I9082XXAME4 KERNAL Version 3.0.31-1262039
Build no. JZ054K.I9082XXAMF7
Problem in Hindi. apki thread ko follow kiya. but jab cwm recovery me jata hu to sirf samsung logo aata h. but cwm recovery show nhi krta. plz koi solution btaiye. thanx a million in advance. plz plz

vijaywillb

Jun 17, 2014
Still the same error occurring in Samsung Grand Duos while rooting

In this thread I am not going to show you how to root your GT-I9082. This post is for those buddies who are not able to get the Custom CWM Recovery Mode even after properly flashing the CWM via Odin.

Okay! So now to begin with - first of all download the "Fix-Recovery.zip" from the link given below and place it in your ext. sd card (Remember it should be external memory and not the phone memory). Now, this time when you flash your CWM via Odin do not check the "Auto Reboot". After the CWM gets flashed and you see the word PASS in your Odin just remove the battery from your phone and now enter the CWM Recovery Mode.
Now in the CWM Recovery Mode install the zip "Fix-Recovery.zip" by choosing "install zip from sd card". Now also install "UPDATE-SuperSu-v1.25.zip". Now reboot your phone.

Thats all. I hope you have successfully installed the CWM Recovery and rooted your phone!

Senior Developers as this is my first thread i thought of posting a revised thread in a detailed form. Please comment below to guide me if I went wrong somewhere.

Credits:

Chotu222
KSHHH
XDA
Samsung

Hi,

Still i am getting the same Error in my mobile in recovery mode.
Please help on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Club-Popper

Aug 8, 2014
ODIN

after root it says RESET rather than PASS, please help
if i am wrong just kill me.
now in your device on USB Debugging and swithch off it
open odin v3.07
press volume down + home + power
now in your scree you will see warning
then plug your device to pc then press volume up
now in odin you will got a message device added
unmark auto reboot load your recovery
and press start
then it will show RESET on top left
wait for 3-5 min dont switch on your device
in the device screen it should show downloading with a full blue bar
then after 3-5 min it will show PASS with green colour in odin
now press volume up + home + power
and you will see your recovery
follow it....

Reactions: SVR

mobifreaksam

Sep 6, 2014
THANX

Hey Bro...thanx for helping by posting a tut for a noob lke me. I really was confused and failed so many times. But finally i rooted my garnd duos.
Details are:
Galaxy grand Duos
GT-I9082
JDQ39.I9082XXUBNG3
India
I used your fixed recovery method+odin 3.07+4.2-THL-CWM-Touch-6.0.3.6-Baffin-Odin and unticked auto reboot option (remove battery after pass) in odin if it helps somebody.
Procedure otherwise was same.
It worked like a charm.
Thanx Again:good:

lennynjuguna

Nov 15, 2014
Thanks

Credits:

Chotu222
KSHHH
XDA
Samsung

Worked perfectly for me!

Reactions: utsavgarg2

yos4ever

Dec 10, 2008
Worked..!!!

Woooowww.... Worked perfect friend..!!! :good: :good: :good:

i was using Kinguser by RootGenus, and my device was updated with a new firmware then the root is not worked.
so many methode i try and failed for fix the root, but u have the best trrick!
Thanks..! Bravo.... :cool:

utsavgarg2

Nov 30, 2014
Take the recovery .tar file from here according to your firmware (4.1.2 or 4.2.2) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2315529
Then follow this step by step instructions : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46395577&postcount=19

hey man i am new here. please help me
i did all the things to root my device, but i am struck at the android system recovery(3e) instead of the cmw screen. you are saying to reboot the device in download mode. But my friend, when i press those 3 buttons, i go to the android system recovery screen and not the download mode. Due to this, my device is not getting detected in odin. Please solve my problem. U seem to know all these things...help a poor guy:confused ::confused:

Reactions: smartcard2

NoobInToto

Dec 4, 2013
Coimbatore
i did all the things to root my device, but i am struck at the android system recovery(3e) instead of the cmw screen. you are saying to reboot the device in download mode. But my friend, when i press those 3 buttons, i go to the android system recovery screen and not the download mode. Due to this, my device is not getting detected in odin. Please solve my problem. U seem to know all these things...help a poor guy:confused ::confused:

Bro, you are pressing the wrong combination keys.
Volume UP+power+home = Recovery mode.

Volume DOWN+power+home= Download mode.

Akash Jangra

Dec 24, 2014
Delhi
fix root

Hello friends please help me.
i want to root my galaxy grand duos GT-i9082. as per your tutorial i try. but after root odin says PASS. but my phone not goes into CWM recovery mode using volume up + power + Home. and now after root i'm unable to to recover mode. its restart in normal mode. :( :crying:

imsazal

Mar 16, 2015
still i m not able to get in the CWM recovery

still i m not able to get in the CWM recovery..... I have flashed my Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 by odin 3.04 ..... my flashed cwm recovery is CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 but I still not able to get in the cwm recovery mood. plzzzz help me bro..

sklayeek

Jan 10, 2014
still i m not able to get in the CWM recovery..... I have flashed my Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 by odin 3.04 ..... my flashed cwm recovery is CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 but I still not able to get in the cwm recovery mood. plzzzz help me bro..

Flash given recovery file using odin, make sure auto reboot is uncheckhed after pass message unplugged the cable remove the battery wait for 5 secs insert the battery after that go in the recovery mode using vol up+power+home, install the given fix recovery given below within cwm -install zip -choose zip from sdcard, go to location where the fix recovery file is & install it, after that reboot the system & after that u can check your recovery by going into recovery mode if i helped u just press thanks

Attachments

• 4.2-THL-CWM-Touch-6.0.3.6-Baffin-Odin.tar
    6.4 MB · Views: 94
  • Fix-Recovery.zip
    144.7 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: tathagatab

tathagatab

Dec 31, 2014
Kolkata
OnePlus 9 Pro
Solved

=adityab721;45490476]Originally posted by Chotu222 and KSHHH
After the CWM gets flashed and you see the word PASS in your Odin just remove the battery from your phone and now enter the CWM Recovery Mode.
Now in the CWM Recovery Mode install the zip "Fix-Recovery.zip" by choosing "install zip from sd card".

Credits:

Chotu222
KSHHH
XDA
Samsung
[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I do not understand what you mean by "remove battery and then enter cwm recovery mode". How do I do that? If I remove the phone's battery, the phone turns off, right? So how will I enter recovery, even assuming the recovery has actually been written properly?

My second question is, will your method only work with cwm? I'm trying to install twrp, so will it work?

Thanks in advance.

Later edit:
Never mind, I learned from later posts and was able to install twrp with your method. Thanks! :good:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Credits:

Chotu222
    KSHHH
    XDA
    Samsung
    i have the same problem , i tried many CWM all didn't work with me , when i try to enter the CWM it just restart after the phone model and show it again , never enter the CWM , even the battery trick didnt work !! i tried everything ,, ofcourse its galaxy grand and its updated to 4.2.2 >> any help ??

Take the recovery .tar file from here according to your firmware (4.1.2 or 4.2.2) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2315529
    Then follow this step by step instructions : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46395577&postcount=19

Bro, you are pressing the wrong combination keys.
    Volume UP+power+home = Recovery mode.

Volume DOWN+power+home= Download mode.
    yehooooooooo !!! this tutorial fix me up !!!!!!
    thank you i follow this step and its working for me to root my device !
    <3 <3 muahhhxxx

My pleasure bro!! All credits to senior developrs and such posts are always apperciated! ;)

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Works perfectly!

Thank you.