Fix Samsung Internet (Browser) secret mode after root

Search This thread

iveki

Oct 5, 2015
Mostar
open "build.prop" file (with buildprop editor or root browser)

find line "ro.config.knox=v30"

change to "ro.config.knox=v00"

save changes

reboot phone

open Samsung Internet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190307-225015.png
    Screenshot_20190307-225015.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,295
  • Screenshot_20190307-225428.png
    Screenshot_20190307-225428.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,280

yveta

May 3, 2019
wow

can't believe it was this easy to fix. same solution as s health, did not think there would be any for samsung internet's secret mode. i have never thought that i could ever secret mode again as my knox has probably been tripped due to rooting several times....until now so thank you

wiizoussama

Aug 26, 2019
Casablanca
Can someone help me please

I do not have root in my phone but i have the same problem (probably because the phone was rooted before) ..
So how can i solve the problem? cause i can't have access to build.prop (they need rooted phones to work).

iveki

Oct 5, 2015
Mostar
I do not have root in my phone but i have the same problem (probably because the phone was rooted before) ..
So how can i solve the problem? cause i can't have access to build.prop (they need rooted phones to work).
I have a few solutions for you:

Root you phone again and edit build.prop, or flash official firmware again with Odin, or simply use Samsung Internet Beta for the time being :)

Reactions: wiizoussama

eryll09

Oct 26, 2018
I am looking for this, but may I ask first, will this mod trip safetynet? Currently I am rooted with magisk. Thanks

Aschkan

Jun 5, 2018

save changes

reboot phone

open Samsung Internet

I rooted my phone before but now i flashed with official rom i don't have access to system files i know i can root and then unroot my phone or flash TWRP recovey and edit it with ABD but the problem is if i do this the status won't be official i wanna change that build.prop and have official status what should i do?
I decided to edit MD5 rom file and change build.prop before i flash it so if i could change the MD5 rom files after i flash my phone the status will he official and the apps will work but how can i edit MD5 rom files?! it's hash!

Last edited:

iveki

Oct 5, 2015
Mostar
I rooted my phone before but now i flashed with official rom i don't have access to system files i know i can root and then unroot my phone or flash TWRP recovey and edit it with ABD but the problem is if i do this the status won't be official i wanna change that build.prop and have official status what should i do?
I decided to edit MD5 rom file and change build.prop before i flash it so if i could change the MD5 rom files after i flash my phone the status will he official and the apps will work but how can i edit MD5 rom files?! it's hash!
If you did flash official firmware with odin and did not root it again, that line in build.prop should be set to v00. Why do you need official status for if i may ask?

Aschkan

Jun 5, 2018
If you did flash official firmware with odin and did not root it again, that line in build.prop should be set to v00. Why do you need official status for if i may ask?

well maybe I want to sell this phone in the future and those guys just check the rom status and some official apps
anyway I extract the md5 rom file and edit the build.prop file and compress it again but when I try to flash my edited rom it fails at flashing system

iveki

Oct 5, 2015
Mostar
No need to edit room, just flash it with odin. Status should be official and that line in build.prop set to v00. Just a suggestion, maybe you can root your phone again and sell it as rooted, some people may prefer rooted phone to avoid hassle of rooting themselves. You said you rooted it once before so Knox is tripped forever and you cannot receive ota updates anyway. Greetings!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

save changes

reboot phone

open Samsung Internet
    I have a few solutions for you:

Root you phone again and edit build.prop, or flash official firmware again with Odin, or simply use Samsung Internet Beta for the time being :)