Hi There, I want this solution form asus zenfone max pro m2 can you please help with the same.Many people has reported that, serial number changed to CTA4A0000000 after flashing in QPST, fastboot rom.
Here is the solution for you.
This method is only to re-fix own device's serial no.
I am not responsible for illegal use/bricked device.
Use it on your own risk.
Do step wise,
U need a windows PC
1. Download the zip, unzip it.
2.there is a file named persist_MaxM2.img, you need to edit it.
3. to edit the persist image file you need hex editor, if u have it pre-installed go to next step or install it given hw_680.exe
4. Open hex editor, open that persist_MaxM2.img file in hex editor.
5. Click on edit tab in hex editor-->goto-->hex address 00E02020, your cursor will be taken to that address. see image
6. In the erxisting file serial no ""123456789ABCDEF0"" is given which is an arbitrary common number, replace this with your own serial no provided in your product package/shipping details.
7. save the file in hex editor, close hex editor.
8. Now its time to flash it in phone.
9. you need to have fastboot driver installed in your pc, google it, your device need to be detected as fastboot devices in PC during flash.
10. put the phone in fastboot mode, connect it to PC.
11. Run the Fl;ash_To_Rectify_Serial.cmd file (simply double click on it. it will take 6 sec to complete then window will wait for 10 more sec before it vanish).
11. your device will get rebooted, Need not to be worried, data will NOT be erased.
12. If you were using custom ROM, then you need to unlock the boot-loader before you start to android.
13. Connect device in fastboot again, Simply run unlock.cmd in the same folder, data will NOT be erased again.
14 wait for device to restart in android.
Voila...you got your new serial no.